The Amazing Spider-Man

Alex.

mtNhw.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp6IcaZbbnc&feature=player_embedded

We got a treat at New York Comic-Con today. We got the world's first look at the trailer for next summer's The Amazing Spider-Man game. You should watch this one.

Just about a minute long, it's enough to make you forget there's a brand-new Spider-Man game out this month. That one's dead to me, as of now.

Amazing Spider-Man is being made by Beenox, the studio behind the two most recent Spider-Man games, but this new game been in development by a dedicated team who have been working on it for over a year, according to Gerard Lehinay, the studio's creative director. Lehiany introduced the game at a Marvel video games panel at today's Con, saying that the creators wanted to make New York City an integral part of Spider-Man games again. "We brought back the city into Spider-Man games," he said. "For us it is important to be able to web-swing in the city. So that's one of the major things that we've been working on."

The game will be out alongside Marvel's re-boot Spider-Man movie this summer, but it will have its own story. It will also have a currently-secret "new gameplay feature" that, Lehiany teased, is designed "for you to feel like Spider-Man." Forgive me if I misunderstood his accent (he's French-Canadian), but I believe he said "It's an acrobatic tool in the game."

Doug Heder, the game's producer at Activision added the most encouraging note about the game of the day. Everything we saw in the trailer, he said, was real gameplay. No cut-scenes there.

Free Roam will also return.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Spider-Man games always suck. Not to mention all movie to video games suck.

Not really. Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time are both very good and this one is developed by the same people that made those. From the looks of it, it doesn't seem like some company is half-assing it just to make money from a movie-game tie in.

Also, movie to video games generally suck, but not always. X-Men Origins Wolverine, Captain America, Spider-Man 2, etc. I could probably name a few more that were exceptionally good for movie games.

I didn't like Shattered Dimensions too much but Edge of Time is very fun.

This Spider-Man game's city looks beautifully rendered this early, and I actually can't wait to free roam.

There's also a night-time scene in the trailer, so maybe there's a time detection system in the game. Loving the part where he swings over the bridge. The only thing I am concerned about is the comediac value this game has. Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time are both very funny.

^ You fail trolling.

What If I'm dead serious about it? Spiderman 2 is awesome. Where's DAN when we need him.

Edit: I might not have been clear enough. I was talking about superhero game.

What's going to make it third? Arkham City?

I found Captain America and X-Men Origins (although I only played the demo) funner than Spider-Man 2, although it was a good game.

^ You fail trolling.

What If I'm dead serious about it? Spiderman 2 is awesome. Where's DAN when we need him.

Edit: I might not have been clear enough. I was talking about superhero game.

What's going to make it third? Arkham City?

I found Captain America and X-Men Origins (although I only played the demo) funner than Spider-Man 2, although it was a good game.

Pretty much, with arkham asylum as second. I havent played X-men Origins enough to tell. My love for Spiderman 2 might just be nostalgia as I was a kid back then.

Edit: This game looks pretty cool. I like the atmosphere but I feel like its moving a bit too fast.

The last Spiderman game I played was Ultimate Spiderman for PS2. Will I try this game? I'm not sure. I'm not particularly a fan of Marvel games published by Activision.

That's a shame because Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time are funny and decent plays.

The last Spiderman game I played was Ultimate Spiderman for PS2. Will I try this game? I'm not sure. I'm not particularly a fan of Marvel games published by Activision.

That's a shame because Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time are funny and decent plays.

Those 2 games are the only exceptions. I just haven't had the time to try them out. Especially Edge of Time, as I don't think it's out over here yet.

Ultimate Spiderman was probably my favorite spiderman game.. i enjoyed most of them actually i'll probably rent edge of time soon hopefully i enjoy it. this game seems actually awesome so no complaints here

• 1 month later...
Marvel has today revealed the first official trailer, details and artwork for The Amazing Spider-Man video game, a tie-in which will serve as an epilogue occurring after the events of the movie. The game will also see the return of free-roaming web-slinging as well as improvements to the navigation and combat systems in a storyline which will see the hero, "protecting Manhattan from a variety of criminals." Beenox are developing the game which features an original narrative from Spartacus: Gods of the Arena writer Seamus Kevin Fahey. Also mentioned is the game's new "Web Rush Mechanic" which will allow players to pull off never before seen moves in battles which apparently take place above AND below the streets of Manhattan. Below is the VGA teaser trailer, official concept art and the updated website design.

PMOqe.jpg

eDlot.jpg

7ePUd.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkuGQelFOCk&hd=1

I'm down for an epilogue as long as it doesn't reveal too much of the movie.

Not really looking forward to the game or the movie. Tobey Maguire FTW

I thought X2: Wolverines Revenge, Spider Man 1, and Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction were good games. :fedup:

This is a legit Not Sure If Serious moment...

• 3 months later...

Archived