Differences between FIFA games and WWE Games?

SuicidalKissesProduction™

Does the FIFA Games look different compared to the WWE Games?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Does the FIFA Games look different compared to the WWE Games?

• Yes, FIFA Games look different.
    • No, What's the differents between FIFA 1999 and FIFA 12?
    • Why is this here?

I'm not trying to flame here (Afterall my biggest issue with THQ is their attitude to patching the game)however, this comparison seems horribly one-sided. In the thread where you dicussed with Achilliesdude how much WWE Games have evolved and how FIFA stayed the same, you provided no reason as to why WWE games have evolved.

What i'm trying to say is, Why don't you provide examples of how WWE games have evolved. Give examples of things in WWE 12 that haven't been in ANY previous WWE game. I'm talking as far back as the Snes all the way to Xbox 360 and PS3. You will not find much(not including graphics here). The point Achilliesdude was making was that Fifa has a Next Gen (current now) Engine. WWE 12 does not. FIFA 12 is a true simulation of Football. WWE 12 is not a true simulation of Wrestling.

The best way to explain my point is by refering to racing games. You have arcade racers like Burnout (WWE All-Stars in Wrestling terms) then you have the part arcade, part sim like Need for Speed Shift and finally you have Gran Turismo and Forza which are true simulations of racing. WWE 12 is the Need for Speed Shift of Wrestling games. We don't have that true simulation because we lack a Next Gen Engine.

" My my what big letters you have grandma said little red rideing hood " :spas:

There is a lot of new content you can go back to RTWM or GM mode and don't forget universe. Then you have create a finisher and create an entrance, custom logo, superstar tread editor I mean come on there is a ton more changes that they have done and don't forget the stuff they took out like backstage brawls new match types come on can you really say they don't update or add more content on a year to year basis than fifa, I don't think so.

RTWM = Career mode from previous games but alot shorter and less varied

GM mode = Granted that was new but was removed and is not in WWE 12

Universe = is the same as career mode from Smackdown 2

Create a finisher = Started back in 2006 however it was a change from early Smackdowns

Create an entrance = has been in the WWE Games for a long time and still is not as detailed as Raw 2 on Original Xbox

Custom Logo = Is New so yeah that does count.

Superstar threads = Ancient! This dates back to N64 and even then that was better than the current version we have.

Taking stuff out to sell on as New in further games do not count. They are still old things just changed a little.

Put it this way, In early Smackdown games we could seemlessly go backstage WHENEVER we wanted. Thats on PS1 and N64 hardware! There is no excuse why we can't now. These Consoles are many, many more times powerful than the previous ones. The list of things we should be able to do is massive. It's took them 6 games just to get realistic moving clothing and hair into the game. They are making minimal updates. These games should be alot better than they are. Most gaming critics all agree that this franchise is extremely dated and desperately needs a next gen engine. It's only those who hang on THQs every word that can't see this.

Fifa has evolved more whether you agree or not. This franchise has stayed still since PS2. To make it appear new they bring back old features with minimal changes. Your list proves how little THQ have done since the jump to PS3 and 360.

fifa = great devolopers wwe = lazy devolopers give the rights to ea plzzz and then we will have a good wwe game

:facepalm: look up EA's old WCW games.

wans't that the days when thq was actually innovating and making good wwe games? my how times have changed

The Smackdown games have changed alot more than the FIFA series has. FIFA has always been the same at it's core and people have enjoyed playing it because the controls mostly have always been the same, just running, passing and shooting with graphics and logistics being the biggest change in the series, but the Smackdown series has always tried to change something with the controls as they have this year. Wrestling games are more complex because there's so much more to do in them. I'm not saying by any means SvR has been better because it has changed more, if anything it has changed more because they just haven't been able to nail down a good gameplay engine for it.

fifa = great devolopers wwe = lazy devolopers give the rights to ea plzzz and then we will have a good wwe game

They were bad, but the fact that other companies were making wrestling games, THQ was FORCED to get more creative and innovative with the WWE games. Now, the have no competition, and there no reason for them to change there ways. Competition drives the gaming industry. The more competition, the better games get.

They were bad, but the fact that other companies were making wrestling games, THQ was FORCED to get more creative and innovative with the WWE games. Now, the have no competition, and there no reason for them to change there ways. Competition drives the gaming industry. The more competition, the better games get.

Just like the product itself.

Where are the crew from the HCTP days or SYM? Better yet is AKI non-existent?

They got offered better jobs at other companies, so there not there anymore. Idk about AKI though.

Well that really sucks really sucks.

im still amazed that thq still has the job! wwe games sales have been decling on all console's even though every year there are more console owners i mean

ill start with the better console first

Smackdown vs raw 2008 (PS3) 1.24m

Smackdown vs raw 2009 (PS3) 0.82m

Smackdown vs raw 2010 (PS3) 1.05m

Smackdown vs raw 2011 (PS3) 0.83m

Now the xbox

Smackdown vs raw 2007 (360) 0.82m

Smackdown vs raw 2008 (360) 1.40m

Smackdown vs raw 2009 (360) 0.88m

Smackdown vs raw 2010 (360) 0.97m

Smackdown vs raw 2011 (360) 0.75m

now for ps2

Smackdown vs raw 2007 (PS2) 2.25m

Smackdown vs raw 2008 (PS2) 2.07m

Smackdown vs raw 2009 (PS2) 1.13m

Smackdown vs raw 2010 (PS2) 0.96m

Smackdown vs raw 2011 (PS2) 0.34m

source vgchartz

by looking at these sales you can obviously see the decline smackdown vs raw series started strongest on the ps2 but since it's old now we knew this was going to happen and on the hd console's it started stronger on the xbox but now it performs better on the ps3

but even though it performs better on ps3 you can see the decline in it and the xbox the sales of each game are getting lower and lower and that's due to lack of innovation! so by wwe 14 i would expect

WWE 14 (PS3) 0.36m

WWE 14 (360) 0.18m

im still amazed that thq still has the job! wwe games sales have been decling on all console's even though every year there are more console owners i mean

ill start with the better console first

Smackdown vs raw 2008 (PS3) 1.24m

Smackdown vs raw 2009 (PS3) 0.82m

Smackdown vs raw 2010 (PS3) 1.05m

Smackdown vs raw 2011 (PS3) 0.83m

Now the xbox

Smackdown vs raw 2007 (360) 0.82m

Smackdown vs raw 2008 (360) 1.40m

Smackdown vs raw 2009 (360) 0.88m

Smackdown vs raw 2010 (360) 0.97m

Smackdown vs raw 2011 (360) 0.75m

now for ps2

Smackdown vs raw 2007 (PS2) 2.25m

Smackdown vs raw 2008 (PS2) 2.07m

Smackdown vs raw 2009 (PS2) 1.13m

Smackdown vs raw 2010 (PS2) 0.96m

Smackdown vs raw 2011 (PS2) 0.34m

source vgchartz

by looking at these sales you can obviously see the decline smackdown vs raw series started strongest on the ps2 but since it's old now we knew this was going to happen and on the hd console's it started stronger on the xbox but now it performs better on the ps3

but even though it performs better on ps3 you can see the decline in it and the xbox the sales of each game are getting lower and lower and that's due to lack of innovation! so by wwe 14 i would expect

WWE 14 (PS3) 0.36m

WWE 14 (360) 0.18m

LoL, right. Tell that to your 32 layers and exceedingly long loading times. Are you trying to start a console war? :XD::lol:

how am i starting a console war? lol i like ps3 so i said it! i never said once i hated the xbox but if you wanna take a dig ill dig back..

whats big breaks down and has no gamezzz

xbox.. :hqhq:

Just stop right there! I see enough of this crap on N4G. Don't need it here ruining what has been a calm and valid discussion thus far.

FIFA had a point where they really had to go back to the drawing board, and from there they didn't look back. They've built on what they did right and used their time wisely to improve to the point where FIFA is the most realistic game of it's genre.

The SVR series has chopped and change way too much for whatever reason and has lacked consistency, so it's stayed at the same point of needing to go back to the drawing board every single year.

I think SVR2006 was a great chance for them to build on the gameplay mechanics they put into the game, but by the time 2008/2009 rolled around the majority of them were gone. WWE'12 looks to be the new base for them to start building again, but they have to improve on what they have, rather than completely scrapping something that doesn't really work.

the big difference between the two franchises?

in fifa i am very happy about a new game every year for a year and i only find improvements. in new svr games i am the first hour happy with the game than i found out what was taken out, ki still the last crap and the game is technically still in stone age (oh, year 2011 and we get physic engine) aso.

since fifa10 the game got better and much better. there are great working and big improvements in fifa12 and it plays much better than the great fifa 11 + much better carreer mode.

svr become worser. svr 2011 would be much better with a good working universe mode but it was the last crap totally useless after some ingame months.

svr2010 was great cause of brienj's roster hack.

biggest problem for svr no opponent like pes for fifa.

and no. i will praise wwe12 when i played it. svr2011 looked cool on paper too but it is the last crap.

Archived