Have You Ever Had A Good Teacher?

Mr. JustMe

I have a hunch because I was looking through my high school yearbook just now and I remember I had a lot of good teachers in a school that ran pretty s**tty in my final moments.

I have a plethora but there were three in HS that stood out to me. Two English teachers...a male one going to school as a lawyer in 11th grade and the other a relatively young female in 12th grade...but they always strive me to do my best...and a Math teacher.

...The Math teacher was the Assistant Coordinator of the Math/Science department...that was hard as nails. Everybody was afraid of him because of his teaching methods. He taught AP Math B in my 11th year and it was difficult...if you failed two tests, you get kicked out of his class and no chance of coming back in. I was intimidated but that ultimately turned into motivation because of him, I passed the Math B Regents, the final tests to be handed out forever. The guy became an inspiration to me because he motivated me to never give up not just in class...but in school (eventually got 85, 90 and 95s as grades)..and I can't thank him enough.

With that said...did you have any good teachers in your lifetime while you were in school? Any bad ones while we're at it?

My Forensic Science teacher Mr. Lambert. He was awesome. He looked JUST LIKE Robert Roode, so I always called him Bobby.

He was seriously the best. He always let us just talk about random topics for half the class and he gave grade A advice. The most important thing he taught me was to always think before you speak, but don't hold back what you believe you should truly say.

He taught us all how to really think things out as well. He was funny as hell, so that's a plus.

My 5th-6th grade English and religion teacher. Totally the bomb.

My 7th-8th grade science teacher. *censored*ing awesome as well.

My freshman religion teacher. Definitely the coolest old woman you'll ever meet.

My freshman English teacher. Such a sweetheart.

My freshman math teacher. *censored*in' badass.

My freshman discovery teacher. Amazingly deep human being.

My freshman science teacher. Literally one of the best teachers in the state.

I had a lot of amazing/awesome teachers in freshman year. Damn. What a year it was.

My current Business Marketing teacher is the best person, but my best teacher would either be Mrs. Marguth from 4th grade, Ms. Luck in 6th, or a substitute teacher I had in my 10th grade English class.

The substitute had some disorder where he would sometimes speak in a different accent and he couldn't control it, but he gave me a personal lecture about his travels in Europe and talking to me about Shakespeare and society...it was fuccking beautiful

My current English teacher. He's also the assistant principal of the school. He always pushes me to do better, he knows his shit and he's strict but fair. He's been able to help me turn one of my worst subjects into one of my best. Plus he's always good for a joke about his wife and his classes are full of life lessons. He always likes a good chat about sports, which is also a positive.

I was worried at the start of the year because I knew he was a strict teacher, but he is by far the best teacher I have ever had and I'll honestly miss his classes at the end of the year.

My Spanish teacher is amazing. I have no interest in learning Spanish, I just take the class because I think she is hilarious. She tells all of her crazy life stories. She's stole a car, she was gonna become a nun, she spent a year in Costa Rica, and theres alot more. She's absolutely hilarious too. She's retiring this year and I think everyone is gonna miss her.

My 8th grade Social Studies teacher was amazing. He was just out of college, but he seemed like he had teaching for decades. Everyone felt really close to him and like he was their friend. I really retained alot of information I learned in that class. Of course, when I went on to become a Freshamn, they had a Social Studies teacher that got out of college that was just absolute horseshit. He went to jail for punching some guy in the face when he was a drunk, he gave us an EOC halfway through the year, he didn't teach us anything, all we did was watch the John Adams HBO series. He just became a teacher to go back to high school.

My band instructor is a teacher I will always remember. When your in band, I'm pretty sure you automatically become close to your band teacher. My band teacher is the type of guy who comes in wearing Hawaiin shirts and khaki shorts to school. People say he's oblivious and a scatterbrain, but you try teaching more than 100 kids music daily. He teaches every student from grades 5 to 12 at varying skill levels. He's got to chart field show, give lessons, organize practives, he's someone who usually doesn't come home til 9 p.m. he's that dedicated and I could respect that more.

Forgot my shop teacher from 7th grade. Anyone who tells a kid to, "Take the rubberband off your balls and start talking normal," is a complete badass.

In my experience, drama teachers have been the best for being so entertaining, for obvious reasons. I've had, 5 drama teachers overall, and they've all been genuinely nice people, and so much fun.

And my Film Studies teacher was brilliant. She would teach you so in depth, and whilst a lot of the class didn't enjoy her, I thought her methods were fantastic. You could see her literally any time, and you would always be so prepared and understanding of anything because of her. She gave us so much work, but it wasn't difficult, because it was so easy to pay attention to her.

Ive had a cool Portuguese teacher (I'm Portuguese d:) in my 7th and 8th grade, and also in those years a cool science teacher, that you used to tell us loads of funny stories during classes. Also in my 9th and 8th grade I had a cool PC thingy teacher that used to let us go do shit on the internet and even in one class where we didnt have internet in the school for some reason, and we needed it for the assignment he gave us he let us watch movies like SAW 3D and some others I don't remember in the class.

My all time favorite was my Grade 6 teacher. Not only was she very smart, but she was also a gamer. She got me hooked on Ocarina of Time. During Language Arts, everyone was supposed to keep a journal and were allowed to write about anything. My jorunals were often divided in two. One for my main topic and the other for gaming tips and cheat codes! :lol:

I was the teacher's pet! :dance:

My highschool English teacher was another favorite of mine. He loved my short stories. The first time that we were told to write short stories, I rose my hand and told him that I physically and mentally could not make a short story "short"! My short stories are approx. 5-10 pages in length (front and back). My specialty is horror and I've been told by several people that I should try to get a book published. I haven't done it yet but it hasn't slipped from my mind.

Archived