#1381 Creepia

Creepia

WARDANCE.

• Members
  • 42,316 posts
  • SEN (PS3): CreepingHD
  • Twitter: CochiseJak

Posted 14 October 2018 - 09:30 PM

Many consider Led Zep to be the prototype metal, yeah.

#1382 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

Undefeated at Wrestlemania: 0-0

• Members
  • 21,899 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:44 PM

Cool. Some people refuse to look at them as metal because of their bluesy instrumental work, Page's acoustic work and John Paul Jones keyboard and synth backing but I think that just makes them even more metal. I feel like if you try to be "too metal" aka too "macho" and abrasive they can come across as a cartoonish version of themselves.

#1383 Creepia

Creepia

WARDANCE.

• Members
  • 42,316 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 11:00 PM

Cool. Some people refuse to look at them as metal because of their bluesy instrumental work, Page's acoustic work and John Paul Jones keyboard and synth backing but I think that just makes them even more metal. I feel like if you try to be "too metal" aka too "macho" and abrasive they can come across as a cartoonish version of themselves.

That makes me think of bands like Five Finger Death Punch who are very generic metal. Thats a big stereotype that dies out when you dig deeper into sub genres. That kinda stuff is like the pop music of metal, not necessarily untalented, but easily marketable and generic.

#1384 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 21,899 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 04:45 AM

Reminds me of Spinal Tap a little with some of these bands. Im not too familiar with black metal so I wont generalize but I cant help but think of some of them as try-hards. I mean I know of some black metal bands in Europe that burned churches down because of what happened to the Vikings and Christianity lol. At least one front man for one of the bands was too hardcore to let some shit from like a thousand years ago just go away lol.

#1385 Creepia

Creepia

WARDANCE.

• Members
  • 42,316 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 07:28 AM

That will be Varg from the band Burzum. Murferer, arsonist, racist, you name it.

Black metal is good, I would never call it try hard. Its very niche and guys like Varg give it a bad rep, but mostly its just guys who love that style and sub genre.

#1386 Fight Me.

Fight Me.

Let me in.

• Members
  • 45,360 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 08:01 PM

Yuimetal has left Babymetal.

Don't follow em like that, but just saw it was trending lol.

#1387 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 21,899 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 01:15 AM

That will be Varg from the band Burzum. Murferer, arsonist, racist, you name it.

Black metal is good, I would never call it try hard. Its very niche and guys like Varg give it a bad rep, but mostly its just guys who love that style and sub genre.

Oh okay. The thing is that I'm not familiar with this genre at all. It's not popular or mainstream and the few times it's ever been covered in the news it's for something negative like this Varg guy and the image of guys wearing all black with creepy face paint and blood and goat horns everywhere. Kinda like how pro-wreslting  only gets covered in the news when something bad happens.

#1388 haiduk

haiduk
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 12:48 AM

Fans of fast black metal / dark melodic death, check out Haiduk

New Album - Exomancer

https://haiduk.bandcamp.com

#1389 Creepia

Creepia

WARDANCE.

• Members
  • 42,316 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:11 AM

Oh okay. The thing is that I'm not familiar with this genre at all. It's not popular or mainstream and the few times it's ever been covered in the news it's for something negative like this Varg guy and the image of guys wearing all black with creepy face paint and blood and goat horns everywhere. Kinda like how pro-wreslting  only gets covered in the news when something bad happens.

I'm not hugely into the genre much to be honest, but several of my friends are big into black metal. I do quite like Watain, they are worth seeking out if you have any interest. They have an amazing live show.

#1390 haiduk

haiduk
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 12:18 AM

Another one from the new Haiduk album. 

#1391 Generations

Generations

You want to see something...really scary?

• Members
  • 91,259 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:07 PM

Keeping my Baroness collection up to date with the addition of Gold & Grey:

PA3iqre.jpg

#1392 HellHammer

HellHammer

Hall of Famer

• V.I.P
  • 12,204 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 09:43 PM