1392 replies to this topic

#41 Misatouki

Misatouki

Vega

• Members
  • 5,734 posts
  • SEN (PS3): TheMisatouki

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:29 AM

I'm aware, I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't have a reason as to not liking them. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL9FO0JSqf4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hAMR1iSeX8

Edited by Misatouki, 02 September 2011 - 04:31 AM.

#42 Fried

Fried

Ingobernable

• Members
  • 6,999 posts
  • Gamertag: Friedful
  • Twitter: @Friedful

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:50 AM

As expected I guess, no, I don't listen to Death nowadays.

For me the most important bands are Bathory, Hellhammer, (old) Destruction, (old) Samael, Burzum, Darkthrone. They are the most important bands to me. They are bands that have inspired me and continue to inspire me.

Anyway, here's some more weirdness from this neanderthal.

#43 unknownsold13r

unknownsold13r

Marquis of Death's Apprentice

• Members
  • 7,085 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:37 PM

As expected I guess, no, I don't listen to Death nowadays.

For me the most important bands are Bathory, Hellhammer, (old) Destruction, (old) Samael, Burzum, Darkthrone. They are the most important bands to me. They are bands that have inspired me and continue to inspire me.

Anyway, here's some more weirdness from this neanderthal.

Well hey, at least you're a good sport about it. :cool:

And I'm not hating... because everyone should stick with the music that inspires them. So many mindless people just go along with whatever the media puts in front of them that I respect anyone who follows their own drum. I was just being honest that some of your offerings here seem rather bizarre to me. It can be interesting though because a lot of the bands you post I wouldn't otherwise even know existed.

Yeah, Death is one of the few bands we can all love.

As for your question, sold13r, I guess Megadeth can be considered as one of those kinds of bands. Celtic Frost as well (if we can look past Cold Lake and in my case, Into the Pandemonium). Possibly Vader, Iron Maiden, and Mercyful Fate too.

Yeah Megadeth is one of those bands I've been a huge fan of for ages. Everyone here I would imagine likes them. Sometimes people get a little too caught up in the Metallica vs Megadeth nonsense though (not on CAWs, I just mean on the internetz in general). Honestly though if Metallica just vanished and ascended and became one with the Universe or something right after Justice (or hell even the Black Album) debuted then I feel they would be one of the main bands that all metalheads can unite on. But they continued making music after that and... um... well... hmmm...yeeaah we know how that went...

Moving on:
Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest are givens! Anyone who hates any of those bands is simply NOT a metalhead. I don't care what sub-genre anyone is obsessed with... you have to revere the founding fathers of the archetype of metal itself. Even for metal fans who don't personally listen to any of them that much, you still have to give respect where due.

As for bands we can all agree on here... I'd say yes to Mercyful Fate and Vader! I can't say I'm on board with Celtic Frost though. I don't really have anything against them but they are one of those bands I am not very familiar with. I've honestly heard more about Frost on this msg board than in real life. Just a band that didn't come up much in my experience and from what little I've heard of them just didn't blow me away... not really my style.

As far as newer bands... everyone seems to like Warbringer, Municipal Waste and Vektor. All those guys are sorta leading the thrash revival charge.

Speaking of thrash, here is a band that never really gets their due. Hirax. It's an old band... sorta. The frontman (who says brothas don't love thrash metal) tried to reunite his old thrash band from the 80's in back 2000... but it didn't last that long so he put together a whole new lineup that was even better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrERpCPF4rs

#44 AssaultDriver720

AssaultDriver720

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 21,197 posts
  • Twitter: AssaultDriver

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:59 PM

#45 unknownsold13r

unknownsold13r

• Members
  • 7,085 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:11 PM

^ Digging that Theory in Practice. Not real familiar with em, but I like Techdeath and these guys deliver! The production sounds a little rugged, but that may be by design.

#46 AssaultDriver720

AssaultDriver720

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 21,197 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:32 PM

^ Digging that Theory in Practice. Not real familiar with em, but I like Techdeath and these guys deliver! The production sounds a little rugged, but that may be by design.

Thats probably the videos fault.

#47 unknownsold13r

unknownsold13r

• Members
  • 7,085 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:43 PM

^ tru. Youtube is still youtube.

#48 radom

radom

Legend

• Members
  • 8,225 posts
  • SEN (PS3): radom567

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:14 PM

Yep, Hirax is pretty awesome.

I guess it might be a little hard for you to get into Celtic Frost since they went though so many styles during their years. I would check out Morbid Tales and Emperor's Return first, those were my favorite Celtic Frost albums, great mix of black and thrash with some death as well. If you dig the stuff there, check out To Mega Therion. Maybe you won't like them, but Celtic Frost (and before that, Hellhammer) were two VERY influential bands. They had some really epic shit back then.

#49 AssaultDriver720

AssaultDriver720

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 21,197 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:21 PM

#50 Orthar

Orthar

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,797 posts
  • Gamertag: Quhzk the Duck
  • SEN (PS3): xAbaddon

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:33 PM

New Opeth has leaked. I'm not a fan of it, but if I remember correctly a few of you in here from the last thread enjoyed the track that was released so I figured you'd like a heads up!

And just for the hell of it, here's some Opeth.

#51 asdljfnepionverip2323409

asdljfnepionverip2323409

Legend

• Members
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:49 PM

I guess I'll go ahead and say that I don't really like Death... aaaaaannnyway...

I feel your pain. Except I love Death with all my heart. I just don't like Megadeth. :shift: And Overkill.

#52 Fried

Fried

Ingobernable

• Members
  • 6,999 posts
  • Gamertag: Friedful
  • Twitter: @Friedful

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:23 AM

Continuing the Darkthrone from the page before.

Total CF WORSHIP. Rules!

#53 UncannyOneEye

UncannyOneEye

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 10,220 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:54 AM

Here's some sludgey doom music.

#54 Ewok_3000

Ewok_3000

• V.I.P
  • 36,572 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:11 PM

When I heard that Black Sabbath may be reuniting with the original lineup, I came a little inside. I then instantly jumped on YouTube and watched this:

Unfortunately, it was just a rumour. Nevertheless, I still *censored*ing love the song. If I were to learn to play the bass, Geezer Butler would be my inspiration.

Also, while I may not be a big fan of Maiden and Priest, I respect them for what they've done for metal. I'll listen to their music and appreciate it. But if I were to choose a genre of metal I like more than any other, it'd be Thrash metal. One of my fave Metallica songs:

My favourite Anthrax song:

Yeah, I liked the John Bush era. All I know, is that I want those 2 songs playing at my funeral. And before one of ya mention it, I already know I'm a noob when it comes to metal. I know nothing compared to the rest of y'all :lol:

#55 Anti-Sӓint

Anti-Sӓint

Thread Killer

• Members
  • 9,136 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:36 PM

Best Band out there today. *censored*ing amazing shit. Can't wait for the new album.

#56 AssaultDriver720

AssaultDriver720

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 21,197 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:59 PM

For Fried

#57 Orthar

Orthar

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,797 posts
  • Gamertag: Quhzk the Duck
  • SEN (PS3): xAbaddon

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:04 AM

Their debut album can't come out soon enough.

#58 Misatouki

Misatouki

Vega

• Members
  • 5,734 posts
  • SEN (PS3): TheMisatouki

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:54 AM

New Opeth has leaked. I'm not a fan of it, but if I remember correctly a few of you in here from the last thread enjoyed the track that was released so I figured you'd like a heads up!

I was disappointed in Heritage, much like the new PtH and THA albums. Hopefully the new Dream Theater and Mastodon albums don't disappoint (although, I'm not really doubting them), as the only album from the "more well known prog bands" that I've enjoyed has been Hypersleep Dialogues.

Oh yeah, I'm also pretty pumped for the new Animals as Leaders album.

Check this shit out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIFER3jAzWM

I slightly went off on some dude, who said:

Honestly its not a bad song

Im like Huh? at sum parts of it but then i get into it

Dont hate on something cus you cant see it like others can

Dont comment if all you have to say is how you dont like it

We all have our own opinion but its better to not say anything if all you have are bad reviews

My response:

@lajam1411 What are you, some pseudo-hippie? If everybody kept their negative reviews to themselves, everything in this world would be complete shit. Music, television, food, they all strive on negative reviews to make the product better. This is absolutely terrible. It may be better than their other song, but that's like comparing two piles of crap. In this day and age of metal, rock and all the sub-genres in between, you'd think all the new bands coming out would look to inspiration for better bands to better themselves. Instead, the majority of new bands coming out are more like this instead of a band like Last Chance to Reason, Animals as Leaders, Periphery, Son of Aurelius or Wretched (all being slightly new bands).

This was the previous song I was talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViSZI6UJEUQ&feature=related

/crapmetalarguments

#59 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:59 AM

My two cents.

#60 FulGore

FulGore

Walkin' Tall Machine Gun Man

• Banned
  • 5,856 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:12 AM

Motley Crue and Steel Panther anyone? :)

Edited by †HaVok†, 05 September 2011 - 07:14 AM.