• Please log in to reply
1228 replies to this topic

#1161 Lunchbox

Lunchbox

Mr. Wonderful

• Global Moderator
  • 24,641 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:32 PM

Im going to do something illegal so i can get a UFC title shot. 

#1162 Generations

Generations

El Ídolo

• Members
  • 87,754 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 03:01 AM

Im going to do something illegal so i can get a UFC title shot. 

Interim tho. He never lost his belt.

Also, it goes without saying that there is a lot more to this than some random UFC guy doing something illegal to get a title shot. McGregor is undisputedly one of the best in the world. And then you factor in how much of a circus UFC has become anyway, and this is hardly the most surprising thing.

#1163 Lunchbox

Lunchbox

Mr. Wonderful

• Global Moderator
  • 24,641 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 03:13 AM

Brocks huddled in there too. Failed a drug test his last fight and still got a shot. Alot of people have also missed weight, and won to earn title shots.  

Also anyone see Schaub call out Dana a few weeks ago? UFC is a mess. 

#1164 Generations

Generations

El Ídolo

• Members
  • 87,754 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 03:14 AM

Oh, I totally agree...UFC is a joke. But, you know...nothing against Brock or McGregor for pulling the strings. Everything against the promotion for looking like a joke. 

They burned their ass as soon as they started putting name value over everything else. 

Edited by Generations, 04 August 2018 - 03:17 AM.

#1165 Lunchbox

Lunchbox

Mr. Wonderful

• Global Moderator
  • 24,641 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 03:32 AM

They lost their way when they sold. Probably the reason why the old match maker left and nothing matchwise really has made sense ever since.

#1166 Ziggy Sinatra

Ziggy Sinatra

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real"

• Members
  • 55,085 posts
  • SEN (PS3): RockstarZigs
  • Twitter: Ask

Posted 04 August 2018 - 04:00 AM

xdzNzqh.jpg

#1167 St★rstruck

St★rstruck

Sicker than your average.

• Members
  • 25,637 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 07:30 AM

I came back just in time for the only fights I wanted to see, lol. 

DJ vs. Cejudo was *censored*ing great. Felt like it was gonna be the typical DJ fight everyone's familiar with, but nope. It's dope that Cejudo isn't wasting time trying to get that *censored*ing paycheck, even though that big champion vs. champion money fight should have been set a long time ago between Johnson and Dillashaw, lol. It's a shame DJ was too pussy to fight TJ. Some say he declined because he wanted to continue his streak, but I think that's only part of the reason, lol.

TJ vs. Cody went exactly how I expected. I can't say I'm a fan of either guy, tbh. 

#1168 Chips.

Chips.

#1 Rockstar on the Planet

• Members
  • 11,382 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 12:52 PM

Lol DJ isn't going to be in any money fights no matter how you try spin it.

I love watching both Cody and TJ, always seem to be in entertaining fights and that's all I care for.

#1169 Generations

Generations

El Ídolo

• Members
  • 87,754 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 10:21 PM

The UFC television situation is a goddamn mess, I swear. I watched the fight pass exclusives yesterday...then went to watch the televised prelims/main card, and FS1 had baseball on instead. *censored*ing joke, I swear. And it wasn't even that baseball ran overtime or something. They just double booked that shit.

I can almost bet this is how WWE on Fox is going to be as well...

Edited by Generations, 26 August 2018 - 10:24 PM.

#1170 Ziggy Sinatra

Ziggy Sinatra

• Members
  • 55,085 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 06:21 PM

#1171 Ziggy Sinatra

Ziggy Sinatra

• Members
  • 55,085 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:02 AM

Aww damn McGregor

#1172 Generations

Generations

El Ídolo

• Members
  • 87,754 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:08 AM

Khabib should be stripped and released. I don't know how UFC can do anything else...

#1173 Lunchbox

Lunchbox

Mr. Wonderful

• Global Moderator
  • 24,641 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:13 AM

Nah UFC has to own up that is the circus that created. They let Conor do what ever he pleases he tried to jump Khabib before his title fight and got rewarded with a title fight. You can't be racist towards a dude, talk shit about his family, and his life and not expect him to be pissed. UFC let it all happen. Its the Conor McGregor show.

#1174 Generations

Generations

El Ídolo

• Members
  • 87,754 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:17 AM

Nah UFC has to own up that is the circus that created. They let Conor do what ever he pleases he tried to jump Khabib before his title fight and got rewarded with a title fight. 

Big difference is the setting. You can't start a *censored*ing brawl in a stadium after you win. Like...why did he even do that? McGregor smashed a bus window in a lot. Khabib won a fight, then started a *censored*ing brawl. Fans in attendance could have been injured or worse. McGregor got fined for his shit, as was the appropriate response. Khabib did far worse, and the punishment should be far worse. 

Edited by Generations, 07 October 2018 - 05:18 AM.

#1175 fivestarpny018

fivestarpny018

Opener

• Members
  • 474 posts
  • Gamertag: epicrocker0217

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:20 AM

It looked like something out of pro-wrestling with Khabib doing a heel turn and Conor being the symphathetic babyface. Khabib just tarnished his win over Conor.

#1176 Generations

Generations

El Ídolo

• Members
  • 87,754 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:25 AM

And like they said on commentary...I'm sure Vegas just became a powder keg. Not a "our team lost the sports game" type of situation...but something more violent altogether. 

#1177 Lunchbox

Lunchbox

Mr. Wonderful

• Global Moderator
  • 24,641 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:26 AM

Nah UFC has to own up that is the circus that created. They let Conor do what ever he pleases he tried to jump Khabib before his title fight and got rewarded with a title fight. 

Big difference is the setting. You can't start a *censored*ing brawl in a stadium after you win. Like...why did he even do that? McGregor smashed a bus window in a lot. Khabib won a fight, then started a *censored*ing brawl. Fans in attendance could have been injured or worse. McGregor got fined for his shit, as was the appropriate response. Khabib did far worse, and the punishment should be far worse. 

Conor literally tried to do the same thing to Aldo but security got to him first. He also was the one throwing full unopened cans of Monster and water bottles at a press conference with a ton of fans in attendance.  You can't act like Conor is a saint here. Dude talked shit about his family, his religion and everything about him. 

The guy who jumped in the ring and blindsided McGregor should totally be banned from the sport, probably arrested but 

#1178 Generations

Generations

El Ídolo

• Members
  • 87,754 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:31 AM

Not acting like Conor is a saint...but, again...this was POST FIGHT, and Khabib won. And it was the biggest televised fight (possibly in UFC history). None of it makes any sense, and I don't see any excuses that can be made here. I don't control how UFC treats McGregor...so, I don't condone what he did in the past, or how those actions were (or weren't) handled. But, I maintain that this shit is a whole different ballgame.

Edited by Generations, 07 October 2018 - 05:32 AM.

#1179 Ziggy Sinatra

Ziggy Sinatra

• Members
  • 55,085 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:35 AM

Thanks Twitter

https://twitter.com/...800887047704576

#1180 Lunchbox

Lunchbox

Mr. Wonderful

• Global Moderator
  • 24,641 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:37 AM

It might have been post fight but Conor talked shit about his family and religion. That's not fight talk that pure hate talk and Khabib didn't give a *Censored*.  

UFC let this get to the point. They let Conor do all the shit talking and it went to far. 

UFC set the standard that this is what you can do and not get it trouble. Lets see if they stick to it.