Lunchbox

Mr. Wonderful

• Global Moderator
  • 23,293 posts
  • Gamertag: iTDAWIZ
  • SEN (PS3): TheRand0mHero89
  • Twitter: Rand0mHero

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:22 AM

There is a reason why Joe Silva left his match maker job. A few fighters are managed by IMG Sports and it shows by the pushes and promotion they are getting over everyone else. Bellator is going to continue to get unhappy fighters and build their brand. 

#1062 St★rstruck

St★rstruck

Sicker than your average.

• Members
  • 21,197 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:13 AM

Well, my boy Jon is officially back! 

#1063 Generations

Generations

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 79,994 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:49 AM

If there's a silver lining, it's knowing that Lesnar will kill Jones. And I am sure of that. If I owned a house, I would bet it on it. Either Jones goes in severely underweight, or he puts weight on and becomes sluggish. Lesnar will maul him. Lesnar is a true heavyweight. You don't get to be a truer heavyweight than Lesnar. He's the definition of that weight class. 

Edited by Generations, 30 July 2017 - 05:54 AM.

#1064 Lunchbox

Lunchbox

Mr. Wonderful

• Global Moderator
  • 23,293 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:23 AM

Not so sure about that, people think Jones would destroy Cain and Cain destroyed Brock. Jones is quick and dynamic, plus has cardio.

#1065 Generations

Generations

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 79,994 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:30 AM

Cain defeated Brock because Cain is a true heavyweight.

Jon Jones weighs 205 soaking wet. He's not going to come into a division where he's that low on the far end of the spectrum, and have a fun time in doing so. Brock needs to cut weight to compete for UFC. He struggles with other big boys...but he's not going to lose to a guy who is jumping class from LH. You don't dabble in the Heavyweight division. There's wiggle room for a few of the weight classes. Heavyweight is not one of them.

Could Bones at 206+ defeat Cain at 240? Maybe. Could Bones at 206+ defeat Lesnar at 265? Lol. No. If Lesnar lays on him for even a halfway decent period of time, he's going to be spent. 

I mean...I could say that I think Mark Hunt would destroy Jon Jones (I do)...but Brock Lesnar destroyed Mark Hunt (albeit it the fight was thrown out). Which brings up another point...(this fight is likely to be thrown out before it even happens).

Edited by Generations, 30 July 2017 - 07:04 AM.

#1066 Southern Comfort

Southern Comfort

Legend

• Members
  • 5,409 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:27 AM

Jones is a lot bigger than 205. He cuts weight to 205. By fight night he's rehydrated back to between 215 and 220. Guys like Lesnar and Black Beast were weighing around 280 on fight nights. Jones would fight at around 225 to 230 for a heavyweight fight.

With everything said, I don't think Jones makes the top 5 in heavyweight. I don't see Jones beating a majority over Cain, Stipe, Werdum, Overeem, or JDS. I think he would have problems with Cormier at HW. Cormier at LHW isn't much quicker than he was at HW. The difference is power. Cormier was a 245 lb HW. Fighting at LHW, at most, he's fighting at 225. He doesn't have the same power at LHW as he did HW.

#1067 classiq.

classiq.

A Myth Rises

• Members
  • 20,647 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Homebwoi

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:13 PM

Not only is the middleweight bout between Michael Bisping and Georges St-Pierre back on, both parties have agreed to the fight and it's scheduled for UFC 217 at Madison Square Garden on Nov. 4, Ariel Helwani of MMAFighting.com reports, citing sources.

The fight has been on and off again since late February. UFC president Dana White declared the matchup dead in early July and targeted welterweight titleholder Tyron Woodley as GSP's next opponent, but after Woodley failed to impress Saturday at UFC 214, White gave the green light to GSP-Bisping.

Bisping hasn't fought since defeating Dan Henderson in his first title defense at UFC 204 in October of last year. St-Pierre's last time in the Octagon was in November 2013 when he defended his welterweight title against Johny Hendricks.

https://www.thescore...ma/news/1331058

#1068 Generations

Generations

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 79,994 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:42 PM

Jones is a lot bigger than 205. He cuts weight to 205. By fight night he's rehydrated back to between 215 and 220. Guys like Lesnar and Black Beast were weighing around 280 on fight nights. Jones would fight at around 225 to 230 for a heavyweight fight.

With everything said, I don't think Jones makes the top 5 in heavyweight. I don't see Jones beating a majority over Cain, Stipe, Werdum, Overeem, or JDS. I think he would have problems with Cormier at HW. Cormier at LHW isn't much quicker than he was at HW. The difference is power. Cormier was a 245 lb HW. Fighting at LHW, at most, he's fighting at 225. He doesn't have the same power at LHW as he did HW.

Oh, for sure. I wasn't suggesting that he would be as low as 206, just that he's 205 as of this writing, and he will be working his way up the low end of that weight division. That's why I put 206+, not just 206. But, yeah...basically I was saying what you said. He's not "big" in terms of the heavyweight division. He's a little fish in a big pond...and heavyweight is a big pond...full of big, big fish. A guy like Brock Lesnar, who needs to cut weight to meet the requirements of that division, is as big of a fish as you can have.

#1069 SnapSuplex

SnapSuplex

Opener

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:08 PM

So upset for the DC loss. People on the Internet taking the piss out of him for crying can never relate to what the man sacrificed and put into this match. Heart goes out to him.

#1070 Generations

Generations

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 79,994 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:02 PM

Yeah, DC is a good guy in an industry that chews up good guys. I hate Bones, and hope to see Lesnar whoop him (obviously)...but, yeah, it was a shame. He's entitled to cry about it. I've certainly called Cormier a boring fighter in the past for his defensive style, but if he had used more of that defense, he could have retained last night. A bit too much pressure from him, and it didn't pay off. Also, that dirty-ass headbutt from Bones did serious damage, IMO...and I refuse to believe that it was an accident.

#1071 Lunchbox

Lunchbox

Mr. Wonderful

• Global Moderator
  • 23,293 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:02 AM

Not only is the middleweight bout between Michael Bisping and Georges St-Pierre back on, both parties have agreed to the fight and it's scheduled for UFC 217 at Madison Square Garden on Nov. 4, Ariel Helwani of MMAFighting.com reports, citing sources.

The fight has been on and off again since late February. UFC president Dana White declared the matchup dead in early July and targeted welterweight titleholder Tyron Woodley as GSP's next opponent, but after Woodley failed to impress Saturday at UFC 214, White gave the green light to GSP-Bisping.

Bisping hasn't fought since defeating Dan Henderson in his first title defense at UFC 204 in October of last year. St-Pierre's last time in the Octagon was in November 2013 when he defended his welterweight title against Johny Hendricks.

https://www.thescore...ma/news/1331058

What I don't understand about this is that GSP was the King of Safe Style. Towards the end he never went for the finish and stuck to his wrestling so why is Woodley being berated by Dana for doing the exact same ting. Bisping/GSP sounds just so damn awful. The middleweight division is in such rough shape, half the people in the top 10 lost their last fight, should be Bisping/Mousai right now...

Don't think he can beat Cain or Stipe but think he can give Werdum trouble and would probably have no problems with Overeem or JDS. Overeem is all over the place, one fight hes on point and unstoppable the next hes throwing the gameplan out the window, and I just think JDS is done. 

Speaking of is Stipe/Cain happening? I need it to happen. I love Stipe but Cardio Cain...

What killed DC last night were those weird kicks Jones kept doing to DC's knee. When DC got inside he was doing damage and those kicks lead to DC hesitating anytime he attempted to go inside telegraphing the move. 

#1072 Chips.

Chips.

#1 Rockstar on the Planet

• Members
  • 11,221 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:40 AM

First thing's first. That was a great card other than the co-main event. I kinda feel bad for Woodley because he's phonemnal and nullifies everyone. However he's way too hesitant when it comes to pulling the trigger and he already goes in with such a cautious gameplan. 

I so wanted Cormier to win, but Jones has won me over after being on his back so long. The in-ring octogon interview is going down as one of the greatest of all time and rivals Conors and the other best ones. His tribute to DC made me shed a tear and his Lesnar callout was epic.

Also LOL at thinking Lesnar would kill Jones. There's a reason why Jones would take that match up over the title and he said it in the post-fight conference. The Lesnar fight is tailor made to him. Brock's stand up is bordering terrible. Jones was able to out-wrestle Cormier who's wrestled at Olympic level and against big heavyweights.

If I was a betting man I'd 100% go for Jones. Other than the payday Jones knows Lesnar has a lot of weaknesses. Lesnar's biggest strength is his explosive wrestling but I can easily see him getting caught shooting with Jones's wide striking techniques. 

Right now I'd take Stipe against every heavyweight going btw. Cain doesn't deserve the title fight but he's easily one of the most exciting fighters in such a shallow division.

#1073 Southern Comfort

Southern Comfort

Legend

• Members
  • 5,409 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:07 PM

Cormier is a great wrestler, but he and Jones wrestled in the same weight class. His last year in college he even competed at a lower weight because he transferred to Ok State and Mark Munoz was in that weight class for Ok State. Lesnar wrestled in a higher class than both guys. Jones would not stuff takedowns from true heavyweights like Stipe or Cain, let alone Lesnar who will outweigh him by over 50 lbs.

#1074 Chips.

Chips.

• Members
  • 11,221 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:29 PM

Wrestling in MMA is different to what they practice in college. Anyways It's such a weird fight I'd want to see it now. Like I said Jones has amazing range and great range in striking so I can easily see him catching Lesnar with a flurry that knocks him out. Don't know how Jones gets out of Lesnar being on top of him though. His submission game is a lot better than what his bjj belt suggests though so who knows.

Also how is heavyweight a big pond? It's one of the most shallow divisions going. It's rematch after rematch in the division and fighters are getting title shots after 1 win. 

Yeah, DC is a good guy in an industry that chews up good guys. I hate Bones, and hope to see Lesnar whoop him (obviously)...but, yeah, it was a shame. He's entitled to cry about it. I've certainly called Cormier a boring fighter in the past for his defensive style, but if he had used more of that defense, he could have retained last night. A bit too much pressure from him, and it didn't pay off. Also, that dirty-ass headbutt from Bones did serious damage, IMO...and I refuse to believe that it was an accident.

So you're rooting for Lesnar who's an obvious cheater too and isn't elligible to fight? His only fight in USADA and he gets flagged for roids too. Absolutely laughable. 

#1075 classiq.

classiq.

A Myth Rises

• Members
  • 20,647 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Homebwoi

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:42 AM

Even as UFC President Dana White and the rules of the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) remind us a fight between Light Heavyweight champion Jon Jones and former Heavyweight, and current WWE Universal titleholder, Brock Lesnar isnt happening anytime soon, its clearly an idea thats got a lot of fans excited.

And where theres excited fans, theres action.

Sports books like Bovada know this. Thats why we have some lines on a prospective Lesnar/Jones bout without Brock even coming out of retirement (something hell have to do in order to re-enter the testing pool and start the clock again on his USADA suspension).

First, will the fight happen before next July 25th? Yes is favored on that question:

Will Jon Jones face Brock Lesnar in the UFC before July 15, 2018?

Yes -160 (5/8)
No +120 (6/5)

Then, if they face each other before that date, whos the favorite? Not completely unsurprisingly, the guy who is currently active, just turned 30 and has fought more than once in the last five years...

Jon Jones vs Brock Lesnar

Jon Jones -350 (2/7)
Brock Lesnar +265 (53/20)

***Must Fight before July 15 2018 for Action

https://www.cageside...-ufc-superfight

#1076 Generations

Generations

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 79,994 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:30 AM

So you're rooting for Lesnar who's an obvious cheater too and isn't elligible to fight? His only fight in USADA and he gets flagged for roids too. Absolutely laughable. 

Yes, I'm rooting for Lesnar...because he amuses me. Jon Jones does not amuse me. I don't like him; Not in a sincere way, not in a sarcastic way, not in a comical or rhetorical way. I don't like Jon Jones. Le gasp. What a horrible opinion to have. Get over it. 

#1077 Southern Comfort

Southern Comfort

Legend

• Members
  • 5,409 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:11 AM

I think Jones is a more likable guy than Lesnar.

I watched the Jones/Hendo grappling match from Submission Underground 2 yesterday. Jones weighed 238 but made Josh Barnett's physique look like Yoel Romero. Ok that's an exaggeration, but Jones looked very soft at that weight. He also didn't dominate him grappling like you would think he would with a 30 lb weight advantage.

Woodley needs to embrace his inner heel. He needs to realize people aren't going to like him. Mayweather realized with the De la Hoya fight that he needed to turn heel. A Woodley that trash talks his opponent and showboats during the fight will make him a bigger attraction despite how boring his fights are.

Edited by Southern Comfort, 02 August 2017 - 03:13 AM.

#1078 Chips.

Chips.

• Members
  • 11,221 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:09 AM

Yes, I'm rooting for Lesnar...because he amuses me. Jon Jones does not amuse me. I don't like him; Not in a sincere way, not in a sarcastic way, not in a comical or rhetorical way. I don't like Jon Jones. Le gasp. What a horrible opinion to have. Get over it. 

Lol "get over it".

I was just wondering how anyone could like Lesnar, not suprised wrestling fans love him though, as he's one of the biggest stars in there entertainment industry.

I think Jones is a more likable guy than Lesnar.

I watched the Jones/Hendo grappling match from Submission Underground 2 yesterday. Jones weighed 238 but made Josh Barnett's physique look like Yoel Romero. Ok that's an exaggeration, but Jones looked very soft at that weight. He also didn't dominate him grappling like you would think he would with a 30 lb weight advantage.

Woodley needs to embrace his inner heel. He needs to realize people aren't going to like him. Mayweather realized with the De la Hoya fight that he needed to turn heel. A Woodley that trash talks his opponent and showboats during the fight will make him a bigger attraction despite how boring his fights are.

Pretty sure Bones didn't really get in shape for that fight. If the Lesnar fight is happening I think he'll be looking to put on as much muscle mass as possible in the next year. However I really want him to fight at least twice in the next year. Either Gus of Rumble plz.  Gotta be Gus really as he's the only one who's still fighting and coming off a win.

Edited by Chips., 02 August 2017 - 11:10 AM.