• Please log in to reply
998 replies to this topic

#981 Generations

Generations

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 77,401 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:34 PM

Apparently there's a Jose Aldo biopic on Netflix called "Stronger than the World"...if anyone cares to check it out.

#982 Lunchbox

Lunchbox

Mr. Wonderful

• Global Moderator
  • 23,068 posts
  • Gamertag: iTDAWIZ
  • SEN (PS3): TheRand0mHero89
  • Twitter: Rand0mHero

Posted 20 February 2017 - 05:26 AM

Lewis with the best post fight interview.

#983 classiq.

classiq.

Basic Huganomics

• Members
  • 19,648 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Homebwoi

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:43 AM

Scorecard for Woodley/Thompson

Spoiler

#984 classiq.

classiq.

Basic Huganomics

• Members
  • 19,648 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:40 AM

Dana White thinks that a fight between Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather is more likely to happen than not. The UFC president appeared on Conan on Wednesday night and talked about the possibility of the long-bandied-about superfight between the two. Some highlights are below:

On the likelihood of the fight happening: Theres so much money involved. I just dont see how it doesnt happen. Its going to be a tough deal because there are a lot of egos involved and a lot of people, so that always makes it tougher. I do think its going to happen.

On how the fight might go down: A lot of things make this fight intriguing. Conor McGregor is huge. Hes in the prime of his career. Floyd is 40. Floyd has always had problems with southpaws. Conor is a southpaw and Conor hits hard. When he hits people, they go down. Floyd is definitely not knocking him out. Thats for sure.

On getting in a fight with Tito Ortiz: We were gonna fight one time in a boxing match but I actually never told this story publicly before but we were on a private plane on our way to Japan and it was my partners, the Fertitta brothers, myself, Tito Ortiz and our matchmaker at the time, Joe Silva. Tito and I were messing around and he put me in whats called a neck crank. I was tapping and he didnt stop. You can seriously hurt somebody in a neck crank, especially as big and strong as Tito is. So I just started blasting him in the ribs, started punching him in the ribs and when he let go (I) just jumped up and it was just a full blown fist fight in the plane. We were literally taking off and the plane was (wobbling) and the Fertitta brothers had to jump in and break up the fight. So then I sat on the front of the plane, he sat in the back of the plane the rest of the flight.

http://411mania.com/...er-will-happen/

#985 classiq.

classiq.

Basic Huganomics

• Members
  • 19,648 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:13 PM

The Conor McGregor show arrived at Madison Square Garden in New York on Friday and his presence was felt in a massive way.

The current UFC lightweight champion was there to support fellow Irishman Michael Conlan, who made his professional debut, but McGregor didn’t shy away from the spotlight when he spoke briefly to the press assembled ringside.

McGregor wasted no time issuing a warning to anyone and everyone involved with the sport of boxing — most notably retired pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather, who is expected to be his next opponent if the superstars can come to an agreement on terms for a fight.

“I’m the boxing guy! Watch me take over boxing. Trust me on that. No one in this boxing game knows what’s coming. Trust me on that!,” McGregor shouted. “When I step in there, I’ll shock the whole [expletive] world. Trust me on that.

“Look me in the eyes. 28 years of age. Confident as a mother [expletive]. Long, rangy, dangerous with every hand.”

McGregor didn’t bat an eye during his rant while also making a bold prediction when it came to his fight with Mayweather.

“Trust me, I’m going to stop Floyd,” McGregor proclaimed. “You’re all going to eat your words. The whole world is going to eat their words. We’re getting close don’t worry about it. You’ll hear about it. I am boxing!”

McGregor didn’t stick around long after making his statement, but he did speak to the L.A. Times on his way out of the arena when he also mentioned a possible timeline for the fight with Mayweather.

“I’m ready to box. I’ve been ready for a long time. The game’s going to be in shock when I step in the ring. Trust me on that,” McGregor said.

“[September] is what I’m thinking. That’s what the word is. That’s what we’re close to doing. I’ve tried to talk to Floyd. I flew to Las Vegas to have talks with Floyd and then he retired. He just doesn’t want to see me. He’s petrified. Wouldn’t you be? No one knows what to expect with me, and they shouldn’t. Because I don’t know what to expect either.”

FOX Sports first reported earlier this week that while Mayweather was pushing for a date in June for the fight with McGregor that September was actually the more realistic timeline for the bout to happen.

Sources have told FOX Sports that one possible date for the fight is Sept. 16, although with negotiations ongoing between both sides there’s no telling if that will remain on target or if the date will change once a deal is finalized. McGregor remained in New York after the fights to host a St. Patrick’s Day party before plans to return home to Ireland where he’s awaiting the birth of his first child in late April or early May.

http://www.foxsports...17?sf63971465=1

#986 Lunchbox

Lunchbox

Mr. Wonderful

• Global Moderator
  • 23,068 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 02:37 AM

Man NYC is not ready for MMA so much controversy with the athletic commission today and the judging at the last event. Pearl Gonzalez is gorgeous by the way.

#987 Generations

Generations

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 77,401 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:22 AM

The shit with Pearl is ludicrous. I know there are risks with implants and health situations if one was to rupture...but I hardly see a ban for them being necessary. 

#988 Lunchbox

Lunchbox

Mr. Wonderful

• Global Moderator
  • 23,068 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:26 AM

Shes fought with them before, also did all the necessary paperwork to disclose she has implants. Glad her decision got reversed. But the shit with DC is crazy, he totally held onto the towel to take a bit of weight off the scale. Jon Jones called that shit out. 

#989 Generations

Generations

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 77,401 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:32 AM

Shes fought with them before

Well...it's because it's NY, isn't it?

But anyway, it's good to hear that it's back on (never off?). I didn't know that...

Edited by Generations, 08 April 2017 - 03:32 AM.

#990 Lunchbox

Lunchbox

Mr. Wonderful

• Global Moderator
  • 23,068 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:37 AM

Yeah NY is pretty clueless about alot. The scorecards from the last UFC even were actually shocking. Nobody knows what they are doing. I wouldn't be surprised to see fighters avoid events for the next two years or so till they figure shit out. 

#991 Southern Comfort

Southern Comfort

Legend

• Members
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:10 AM

They won't because it's NY and a guaranteed significant gate.  

#992 Generations

Generations

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 77,401 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:04 PM

Just realized Sam Alvey is on tonight's card. I hate that guy. :lol:

#993 Ziggy*

Ziggy*

"Been There, Done That"

• Members
  • 42,857 posts
  • SEN (PS3): RockstarZigs
  • Twitter: Ask

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:25 PM

#994 Ziggy*

Ziggy*

"Been There, Done That"

• Members
  • 42,857 posts
  • SEN (PS3): RockstarZigs
  • Twitter: Ask

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:43 AM

ayPbzZG.jpg

#995 classiq.

classiq.

Basic Huganomics

• Members
  • 19,648 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:57 PM

Dana White and Conor McGregor have come to terms for one side of the Mayweather vs. McGregor boxing match.

White announced that tonight on TNT after the Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Boston Celtics basketball game.

"McGregor's side is done," said White, when being interviewed by Shaquille O'Neal, a longtime UFC fan who at one point asked if he could fight in the organization. "I'm starting to work on the Mayweather side now. I got one side done, now it's time to work on the other. If we can come to a deal with Haymon and Mayweather, the fight's going to happen.

McGregor, on his own website TheMacLife.com, confirmed that he has signed for the fight.

"It is an honor to sign this record breaking deal alongside my partners Zuffa, LLC, the Ultimate Fighting Championship and Paradigm Sports Management," McGregor said. "The first, and most important part of this historic contract has now officially been signed off on. Congratulations to all parties involved. We now await Al Haymon and his boxer's signature in the coming days."

http://www.f4wonline..._medium=twitter

#996 Lunchbox

Lunchbox

Mr. Wonderful

• Global Moderator
  • 23,068 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:34 PM

Feel like Conor McGregor is going to kill off the UFC. Dana has been on so many media outlets and fails to bring up any upcoming UFC card. UFC 112 was stacked and noone knew about it. 

#997 Generations

Generations

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 77,401 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:48 PM

"Kill off" is some strong terminology.

UFC isn't going anywhere. It has seen better days, and it might continue to drop in notoriety. But it will continue on. If people forget about the UFC just because McGregor isn't around, then they aren't real fans to begin with. It's a downward trend, but it will see a rise again when the time is right. It has more to do with the decisions that UFC has been making as a whole, and less to do with Conor. Things like having fights fall through on a constant basis...those are things that are resulting in UFC falling on hard times.

I do agree, though...UFC has been shit at promoting upcoming shows lately. They should never be focusing on Conor to the point of ignoring their main product. I get that the Conor deal is the monumental "fight of the century" that needs to get inked and needs to go down...but you can't neglect everything else. That is very true.

Also, the lack of Fight Nights...there is usually one just about every week. This month, there is exactly one...and that's another big thing too...the way that the Fight Night cards commonly get knocked off television by baseball or whatever. As someone who pays for Fight Pass, I *censored*ing HATE watching all of the prelims on there...going to watch the main card on television, and seeing that it isn't actually showing at all...because FS1 is playing something else. I don't know what kind of shitty contracts UFC has that allow that, but it's garbage for the fans...and that is actually my most recent experience that has led to me not even checking to see what's happening in UFC. I haven't bothered with UFC in a solid month...and it's because of that shit. Really tuns you off to be treated that way as a fan. 

Edited by Generations, 18 May 2017 - 10:58 PM.

#998 Lunchbox

Lunchbox

Mr. Wonderful

• Global Moderator
  • 23,068 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:41 AM

Its not just the Conor thing, its the fact that whoever the new matchmaker is is just total garbage and rankings don't mean a thing. The whole Rebok think pissed alot of fighters off, with a few jumping ship to Bellator. 

#999 Lunchbox

Lunchbox

Mr. Wonderful

• Global Moderator
  • 23,068 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:22 AM

So UFC is doing a company retreat and Cris Cyborg attacked Angela Magana. Cyborg confronted her about some tweets and Cyborg apparently ate the punch and got her lip split open. 

Funny part about it is Weidman tried to stop it apparently and Cyborg punked him out and he ran, conformed by a ton of fighters and Weidman himself.