NFL Thread

Ernez

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrelle Pryor signed a 4-year deal with the Raiders. I would assume he won't play sunday against New Orleans, but he definitely could play in their final pre-season game against Seattle on September 2. They probably want to get him at least a few snaps before his suspension kicks in.

Here is the part where I make the case for Eli being a elite QB:

He has all the tools to be an elite QB, but he needs to get the mentality that not every single pass he throws has to be a positive one. When Eli is on he is on. Hes got a great arm and is really accurate even when he throws it deep. He just needs to stop forcing plays and trying to force a football through key hold sized gaps in the coverage. We have all seen how good Eli Manning can be, his performance in the Super Bowl is a prime example of that.

His numbers at this point aren't as bad as people make him out to be. He had a career high in INT's last year which wasn't all his fault. 9 of those INT's were tipped by his receivers before hand which puts him at a more manageable 16 INT's. Since Burress left he has declined a bit, but that is due to the fact that there is no veteran leader in the receiving corps and the very shifty hands of the receivers that they have.

When it comes down to it there is no QB i would pick over Eli. He has all the tools of a great QB and a quality that alot of QB's don't have which is short term memory. He can throw a pic or mess up a play and just come out next drive as if nothing bad has happened. He treats high pressure situations the same as he treats a regular drive which is what i believe sets him apart from the rest. You will see over the next few years as he begins to grow with his receivers he will start shaking the criticism of the media.

I mean he won the Giants a Super Bowl and took out what was suppose to be the greatest football team of all time. I can't bet against the guy at all. Top 5 QB for me.

Did my other draft today:

1) Maurice Jones-Drew

2) Roddy White

3) Vincent Jackson

4) Dwayne Bowe

5) Felix Jones

6) Ryan Grant

7) Jimmy Grahm

8) Matt Stafford

9) Reggie Bush

10) Greg Olsen

11) AJ Green

12) Giants Defense

13) NAte Kaeding

14) CJ Spiller

15) Ryan Scoop

16) 49ers Defense

17) Kyle Orton

Did my other draft today:

1) Maurice Jones-Drew

2) Roddy White

3) Vincent Jackson

4) Dwayne Bowe

5) Felix Jones

6) Ryan Grant

7) Jimmy Grahm

8) Matt Stafford

9) Reggie Bush

10) Greg Olsen

11) AJ Green

12) Giants Defense

13) NAte Kaeding

14) CJ Spiller

15) Ryan Scoop

16) 49ers Defense

17) Kyle Orton

Not bad. Stafford is the only big question mark here. He's good, but how good? And if you have to rely on Kyle Orton at any point... you'll be weak as all hell at QB but still strong everywhere else. G'luck.

Did anyone else see Arian Foster's msg to fans? It was basically about how he appreciates genuine concern from fans over his (minor) injury, but says for fantasy players who were just concerned about their team, that they are sick!

As an Arian Foster owner I was like Heeeeeyyyy... I resent resemble that!

Jets beat the Giants 17-3. How many weeks of preseason is there to go?

One

Sweet. I'll have to check the schedule, and see which games are gonna be played on ESPN, as that's the only channel we get that plays NFL games.

Just checked the schedule. Turns out the only game listed that I'll sit down and watch, is in week 6, between the Dolphins and the Jets. I hope ESPN gets more games than that. Because last season, ESPN here in NZ got a game on Monday (the Sunday game), Tuesday (the Monday game) and Friday (the Thursday game) all live. If you haven't seen it, here's the schedule:

http://www.nfl.com/schedules?seasonType=REG#Week

Did my second draft today as well. Tell me how the team is looking so far please

QB: Ben Roethelisberger

RB: Jamaal Charles

RB: Frank Gore

Flex: Darren McFadden

WR: Dez Bryant

WR: Jeremy Maclin

TE: Jason Witten

D: Jets

K: Alex Henery

Bench:

Ryan Grant

Chad Ochocinco

Mike Tolbert

Plaxico Burress

CJ Spiller

Robert Meechem

Cam Newton

It was a 10 person league but the others were dumb lol. Someone took Drew Brees with the number 2 overall pick and I was 1 pick away from landing Chris Johnson as my NUMBER 2 RUNNING BACK! AT PICK 18! I was so frustrated when the guy picked him before me! and 2 picks away from getting Mendanhall as my 2 back. But I must agree it is quite frustrating when players get picked right before your pick! -_-

^ Your running back situation isn't very good, in my opinion. The Chiefs offense has looked horrible, and this year teams will be gearing towards stopping Charles. As for Gore; he's a holdout, he's getting older, is constantly banged up, and as with Charles, will have to face defenses that will focus solely on him.

Archived