Rugby League / NRL Thread

Fried

As a Sea Eagles supporter living inside Parra where everyone supports Eels or Tigers is pretty annoying. Heaps of fun when Manly beats those two thought.

I partially support the Tigers because of Benji Marshall. After all, he is the Kiwis Captain.

Also, as the Eels and the Storm are both rivals of the Sea Eagles, who did you support in the 2009 Finals?

Tigers beat the Dragons 21-12. So unless both the Cowboys and the Knights lose, the Dragons are going home.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

St George will exit the finals if two teams among the Warriors, Newcastle or north Queensland have upset wins I think. I think even of that happens (unlikely) I can't see them doing anything unfortunately. Sad.

As a Sea Eagles supporter living inside Parra where everyone supports Eels or Tigers is pretty annoying. Heaps of fun when Manly beats those two thought.

1.I partially support the Tigers because of Benji Marshall. After all, he is the Kiwis Captain.

2.Also, as the Eels and the Storm are both rivals of the Sea Eagles, who did you support in the 2009 Finals?

3.Tigers beat the Dragons 21-12. So unless both the Cowboys and the Knights lose, the Dragons are going home.

1. Fair Enough

2. Eels I have deep deep hatred of the Storm.

3. The Cowboys might win but I don't think the Knights can topple the Storm

for tonights games i have the warriors and manly. those games are going to be great.

I got a ticket to the NRL Grand Final. I went last year because my team was on a roll at this time last year, untill they got robbed :( Sadface

By what you said, I'm assuming the Roosters are your team?

@Undertaker Fan: Glad I'm not the only one who dislikes the Storm. As they're rivals of the Sea Eagles, and Anzac rivals of the Warriors, I dislike them doubly as much. Plus, I can't stand Billy Slater. Hate him with a passion.

Yes. I was watching some programme on Sky Sports yesterday, and it was NRL Recap or something. Is this Rugby? If so, it is. And the team had a black top with a blue 'V' on it.

Never mind; found it:

canterburybulldogsstarw.jpg

I'm disappointed Ewok; being from Christchurch, I would've thought you'd have known that :P!

NRL is rugby league. As for that jersey, would you be able to post a pick? Because from what I know, none of the Australian teams wear a black jersey with a blue V. The only NRL team that I can think of that has a blue V on it, is the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.

Look up.

@RVD: Yeah, that's the Bulldogs attire. Never seen that jersey though. They didn't make the Playoffs this year. BTW, that's a pretty sweet jersey.

NRL is rugby league. As for that jersey, would you be able to post a pick? Because from what I know, none of the Australian teams wear a black jersey with a blue V. The only NRL team that I can think of that has a blue V on it, is the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.

Look up.

Yeah I saw it after I posted.

I'm disappointed Ewok; being from Christchurch, I would've thought you'd have known that :P!

They're not from New Zealand. The only NZ team we have in the NRL is the New Zealand Warriors (formerly the Auckland/Vodafone Warriors).

Anyhoo, the Warriors lost 40-10 to the Broncos. If the Knights and Cowboys lose, the Warriors can still survive. Though I think the Cowboys and/or the Knights will have to concede more Points Against.

Nah we don't have an NRL team...yet. There's a possibility Christchurch or Wellington could get one of the 2 expansion teams within the next 2 seasons. Though with AMI Stadium (with a capacity of 38,000+) still out of commision, if one of the 2 NZ cities were to get an NRL team, it'll more than likely go to Wellington.

Only by 2. They're leading 8-6. I really hope the Sea Eagles can win this.

The Sea Eagles were trailing 8-0 at the end of the first half. They ended up winning 42-8. Great game!

With the 42-8 win, the Cowboys are eliminated from the Playoffs. Not only did the score less than the Warriors, they conceded more Points Against, and that also means the Dragons are safe. Plus, if the Storm beat the Knights (as many have predicted they will), then the Warriors will play the Tigers, and the Dragons will play the Broncos.

If I put my feelings for manly aside for a minute I can say they were quite impressive in the second half.

Disappointing crowd though. Maybe a bit of a protest against it (and other "home" games taken away from their respective grounds.

Good that the dragons are still alive!

The Sea Eagles were clearly the better team in the second half. And yeah, only around 13,000+ people showed up. Had the game been at Brookvale Oval, it would have been a sold-out game. Before then game, the team and Hasler made it clear that they were unhappy with not playing at the Oval.

Also, the Broncos have said no to Todd Carney. He's now received the cold shoulder from South Sydney, Wests Tigers, St George Illawarra, Melbourne, Cronulla, Penrith, Newcastle, the Warriors, Parramatta, Canterbury and now Brisbane.

St George will have to show huge improvement to beat the Broncos. Awful 2nd half.

Also, the Broncos have said no to Todd Carney. He's now received the cold shoulder from South Sydney, Wests Tigers, St George Illawarra, Melbourne, Cronulla, Penrith, Newcastle, the Warriors, Parramatta, Canterbury and now Brisbane.

About Carney, there's a bit in the paper today about Paul Gallen and the coach being keen to get him to Cronulla.

Brett Seymour was a bit like Carney, as he was always getting in trouble. He then joined the Warriors, and has been great...when he plays. Sucks that he's leaving at the end of the season.

Also, there are 6 Warriors (and Ivan Cleary) who are leaving the Warriors at the end of the season. They are: Lance Hohaia, Aaron Heremaia, Brett Seymour, Jeremy Latimore, Joel Moon and Shaun Berrigan. The depature of Lance Hohaia will definitely be the biggest hit to the team.

Have they bought anyone new to fill the gaps?

I know Leagues never going to rival Union down there but I would of thought that they'd have a huge pool of local players down there.

I dunno about Carney. I think he's pretty talented, he was the Dally M Player of the Year last year after all, but maybe a year over in Super League might sort out his apparent problem. However, I do think his problem isn't as big as the newspapers are reporting. I think it's more of a trust thing. You can't promise one thing, both to a judge and your fellow team members, and do the opposite.

Archived