1940 replies to this topic

#41 Misatouki

Misatouki

Vega

• Members
  • 5,734 posts
  • SEN (PS3): TheMisatouki

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:32 PM

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation. :3 My main issue with anime is that it tends to be filler and sometimes not exactly straight to the point. Take Naruto for example, it tends to have characters going all "err, umm, hmm, durrr" and so many fillers like Naruto getting lost on his way to the chuunin exams. Apart from that, and the time, I can easily get into anime.

That's really only true for the anime that run longer than the regular 24/26 episode season.

#42 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 53,730 posts
  • SEN (PS3): ask in PM
  • Twitter: ask in PM

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:24 PM

Really? My knowledge of anime is pretty limited as I've watched Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Naruto. Oh, can't forget Yu Yu Hakusho. I personally found manga to be much superior, but there were no fillers or anything that made the series look bad or cheesy.

Considering that Elfen Lied is few episodes long, there wouldn't be fillers, so I may give that a try again (a friend linked me to it, didn't have the time).

#43 Misatouki

Misatouki

Vega

• Members
  • 5,734 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:39 PM

Sometimes I do prefer manga to anime whenever the anime leaves out certain key things (be it humor, scenes and storyline) in manga, which often does happen...

but yeah, most of the anime I listed in the OP lack those annoying fillers. Katanagatari, being only 12 episodes long (but 50 minutes each) has been one of my top three anime choices (along with Bakemonogatari and DuRaRaRa!!).

Will post my collections of anime as soon as I reach my hometown later tonight :P

Btw, my favs: Zero no Tsukaima, School Rumble, Code Geass, Hayate the Combat Butler, Baka To Test.

I smell a lolicon...

Edited by Misatouki, 14 August 2011 - 08:38 PM.

#44 .Prophet

.Prophet

◦ (͡ < ◦ ● ◦└̅┘

• Members
  • 8,324 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:00 PM

I have also watched a good amount of Shin Chan episodes, and I think the show is funny.

#45 Misatouki

Misatouki

Vega

• Members
  • 5,734 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:57 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUVQDLIjFss

This clip from episode 19 actually got me, despite knowing it's not a serious anime. I really thought it'd end with her doing it correctly, especially during the whole speech. Something about the whole episode had me thinking there was going to actually be a serious part (to which I thought would be this), but then it happened and I started cracking up. :lol:

#46 Vunter Slaush

Vunter Slaush

aka iSlash

• Banned
  • 11,400 posts
  • Gamertag: VRSlashGnR

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUVQDLIjFss

This clip from episode 19 actually got me, despite knowing it's not a serious anime. I really thought it'd end with her doing it correctly, especially during the whole speech. Something about the whole episode had me thinking there was going to actually be a serious part (to which I thought would be this), but then it happened and I started cracking up. :lol:

:lol: That was hilarious. I must start watching this series

#47 Misatouki

Misatouki

Vega

• Members
  • 5,734 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:51 AM

My Katanagatari box set came today, DVDs, Blu-Ray and a book... the artwork in the book (and of course the anime) is amazing! When I get more spending money, I'm definitely going to pre-order the second set.

Here's another Nichijou clip. It may not be as hilarious to some, but this has by far been my favorite scene out of the whole series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teFFokJZ8go&feature=share

#48 JinxedByFate

JinxedByFate

New Talent

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Gamertag: JinxedByFate

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

If anyone hasn't seen Record of Lodoss War, I'd highly recommend watching it. Zero no Tsukaima was mentioned earlier, great series as well. I'd also highly recommend Orphen, Kenichi, Full Metal Panic, and Blue Gender.

#49 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 53,730 posts
  • SEN (PS3): ask in PM
  • Twitter: ask in PM

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:01 AM

For some of you that like to read Naruto or One Piece or even Bleach, Manga Stream scanlates the manga.

#50 Misatouki

Misatouki

Vega

• Members
  • 5,734 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:22 AM

Just watched Rin and WTF is the only reaction I can give? As the episodes (only six, but hour long) progressed, the story just got more and more f'd up. First it has to do with females who become immortal through a special spore from this random ass tree. Females become immortal, while males become angels. The angels are evil and are out to eat the immortals, who just so happen to have some weird fetish for being eaten (notlikethat :shift: ) by them. Then some hermaphrodite appears and is all I'm evil, rawr, I'm immortal and an angel, muahahahaha. Then it all ends with something about dragon people coming out of this (what was once a pile of chicks until you splash a shitload of blood on them) egg.

Then add in a bunch of random lesbian scenes (no, it's not a hentai) and... that's about it.

#51 Fuse

Fuse

The Playlist King

• V.I.P
  • 25,348 posts
  • Gamertag: Fusebox LIVE
  • Steam ID: Rusty Fusebox
  • Twitter: ThatRobFuseMan

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:53 AM

Has anyone seen the movie Strait Jacket? Watched it the other day and loved it.

#52 Misatouki

Misatouki

Vega

• Members
  • 5,734 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:18 AM

It looks like the baby of Ga-Rei Zero and Ghost in the Shell.

#53 Poe ěhlin

Poe ěhlin

「M・A・D」

• Members
  • 22,212 posts
  • SEN (PS3): XpoeshwinstonX
  • Twitter: @XW1n5t0nX

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:39 PM

Hey all. I'v been thinking about doing for Youtube, a Manga/Anime version of the AVGN? And by that I mean just do angry reviews. Mostly I want to because in my Manga and Anime club if you say you dislike or don't think it's the best damn manga ever (for me mainly Naruto, One Piece, Inuyasha), your questioned why. Well it's held in a library for teens so I can't really say how I feel all together without fear of being banned.

So Mostly how would you guy's think of a series of videos like this and if so, any ideas. I've read manga since I was 8 but I don't read a whole bunch.

Oh and on a related note, here are my favs.

Rurouni Kenshin
Death Note
XXX Holic
Full Metal Alchemist
Nana
Reborn
Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z
Code Geass
Neo Genesis Evangleon
Naruto

#54 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:52 AM

Has anyone here watched Gungrave? If so, what were your thoughts? My friends recently recommended it to me and I've just started watching it.

#55 Crazy Moon

Crazy Moon

I'll slap you in the face with a strip of watermelon!

• Members
  • 15,446 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:00 AM

Who here gos to anime convention and/or cosplays?

#56 Misatouki

Misatouki

Vega

• Members
  • 5,734 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:26 AM

Who here gos to anime convention and/or cosplays?

I was contemplating on whether to to go to Sakura-con (held around the first week of April in Seattle) this year or not. I ended up not going, though I might go next year...

#57 Crazy Moon

Crazy Moon

I'll slap you in the face with a strip of watermelon!

• Members
  • 15,446 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:39 AM

I'd like to go to one, but not many are held in Arkansas much.

#58 Fuse

Fuse

The Playlist King

• V.I.P
  • 25,348 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

Something that has really been bothering me about Bleach. I was hoping someone could answer this as Google doesn't seem to help. Ok, there are the episodes of Ichigo and others going to Hueco Mundo to rescue Inoue from Aizen. Abruptably, next episode it cuts to the Lurichiyo episodes with the two body guards and the Kasumi-Ooji clan blah blah blah and so fourth. Actually, it was a pleasant surprise, but it made me wonder. When does all this take place? At first I thought they all got out of Hueco Mundo with Inoue and they were starting another chapter, but just as this one ends, we're back in Hueco Mundo fighting the Arrancar and after a bunch of episodes I am back to Lurichiyo playing soccer. I have to admit, this is starting to annoy me. Can anyone elaborate when these two timeframes take place?

#59 JinxedByFate

JinxedByFate

New Talent

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Gamertag: JinxedByFate

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:58 AM

Fuse, those are filler episodes that don't appear in the manga. They couldn't churn out episodes because the anime was catching up with the manga or something to that effect. There's quite a few filler arcs that don't appear in the manga.

#60 Fuse

Fuse

The Playlist King

• V.I.P
  • 25,348 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:51 PM

I know they're fillers, but I'm confused by the timeframe that they occur.