1939 replies to this topic

#21 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:48 PM

I've finished Dragonball, DBZ, Cowboy Bebop, and most of Yu Yu Hakusho

I'm currently watching Gurren Lagann and DuRaRaRa! My friend also just showed me an episode of Black Lagoon so I'm going to start that asap.

#22 Misatouki

Misatouki

Vega

• Members
  • 5,734 posts
  • SEN (PS3): TheMisatouki

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:59 PM

My top two recommendations would probably be Death Note and Deadman Wonderland. I just recently watched Kuroshitsuji, which was pretty good, but I didn't enjoy it quite as much as Death Note or Deadman Wonderland. Still worth a watch, though.

I honestly have no idea what brought you to mention Black Butler with the likes of Death Note and Deadman Wonderland, but okay. :lol:

Deadman Wonderland reminded me of Ergo Proxy, for some reason.

#23 Purple Rayne

Purple Rayne

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,977 posts
  • Steam ID: iPurpleRayne

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:35 PM

I honestly have no idea what brought you to mention Black Butler with the likes of Death Note and Deadman Wonderland, but okay. :lol:

It was just something I watched recently, and was pretty decent, so I figured I'd give it a mention. It's certainly not in the same league as Death Note or Deadman Wonderland, but if you're an anime fan looking to kill some time, it's worth a watch.

I'm not simplifying it, it was kinda like that at the end.

You don't consider describing the ending as "I see what you did th- ...oops, you got me." simplifying it? Really? That's exactly what it means to simplify something; to make less complex or complicated.

#24 Misatouki

Misatouki

Vega

• Members
  • 5,734 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:47 PM

It was just something I watched recently, and was pretty decent, so I figured I'd give it a mention. It's certainly not in the same league as Death Note or Deadman Wonderland, but if you're an anime fan looking to kill some time, it's worth a watch.

I've found it to be another one of those anime more suited for girls to enjoy, and trust me, I know quite a few who obsess over it being teh bestest ever and all that weird shit with Sebastian.

#25 Muur

Muur

Junosona

• Members
  • 33,143 posts
  • Gamertag: Marcus BWFC
  • SEN (PS3): Muur1993
  • Steam ID: MarcusBWFC
  • Twitter: @MarcusRalphson

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:55 PM

Only ones i've watched are;

Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Bey-Blade (Is that anime?), Shamon King and Avatar (Same as Bey-Blade, is this anime?!).

#26 AlterNation

AlterNation

The Man

• Members
  • 13,088 posts
  • Twitter: @MrAlterNation

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:09 PM

Dragon Ball Z is the only anime I've watched from start to finish.
I got bored of Yu-Gi-Oh after the Marik series.
My interest in Digimon stopped when when they reached the Digimon Tamers series.

BTW if you're a fan of DBZ, then check out TeamFourStar's DBZ Abridged on Youtube. I swear to God that's some of the funniest stuff I've seen.

#27 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 53,702 posts
  • SEN (PS3): ask in PM
  • Twitter: ask in PM

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:26 PM

I'm not simplifying it, it was kinda like that at the end.

You don't consider describing the ending as "I see what you did th- ...oops, you got me." simplifying it? Really? That's exactly what it means to simplify something; to make less complex or complicated.

Spoiler

Anyone read Beelzebub? *censored*ing hilarious. xD Feels like a good spoof of action manga like DBZ and YYH, definitely worth a read.

Edited by M3J, 12 August 2011 - 11:46 PM.

#28 kreay fufu

kreay fufu

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 16,690 posts
  • Gamertag: Deanymoose

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:36 PM

^ might wanna slap a spoiler tag on that boy in case people didn't know the ending.

#29 Purple Rayne

Purple Rayne

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:55 PM

I've found it to be another one of those anime more suited for girls to enjoy, and trust me, I know quite a few who obsess over it being teh bestest ever and all that weird shit with Sebastian.

What are you trying to say? >___________________>

But yeah, I definitely get where you're coming from, though. Sebastian is a fangirl's wet dream.

#30 Tsel

Tsel

The Last

• V.I.P
  • 12,141 posts
  • Gamertag: MrTsel
  • SEN (PS3): tsel26
  • Steam ID: TheTsel
  • Twitter: TheTsel

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:04 AM

All this talk about Death Note has made me want to rewatch it again. Having just finished the first episode, I can honestly say I'm hooked yet again. >_>

#31 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 53,702 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:16 AM

Oh, and if you haven't read Kimi ni Todoke, IMO you should definitely do so. A cute romance.

#32 Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer

Legend

• Members
  • 5,695 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Kamten
  • Twitter: Kammy_G

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:25 AM

Elfin Lied
Pokemon
Naruto
Naruto: Shippuden
Fullmetal Alchemist
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Dragon Ball, Z, GT
yu yu hakusho
Shamin King
inuyasha
One Piece
BoBoBoBoBoBoBo
.Hack Sign
Bey Blade
Digimon
Card Captor
Monster Rancher
Sailor Moon
tenchi Munyo
Zach bell
Vash the Stampede
Big O
Gundum (I didn't really like this one)
Cow Boy beepBop
Yu gi Oh, GX
a lot more I can't think of right now.
I've stopped watching anime though It's not that I've grown older I just can't catch it anymore.

I used to get a monthly subscription to Shoenn Jump I can get them once in a blue moon now.

I used to own Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z and tenchi munyo movies there either lost or have been giving away.

Edited by Day Dreamer, 13 August 2011 - 02:30 AM.

#33 HAYABUSA DCLXVI

HAYABUSA DCLXVI

Midcard

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Gamertag: HAYABUSA DCLXVI
  • SEN (PS3): Pfft! Don't make me laugh! #Shao Kahn voice

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:52 AM

I would'nt even dream of typing up my collection, It's just too vast.
Hell even if i was to just type the series' alone i would'nt risk the typers elbow :lol:
I have several boxsets that i have bought but not even started to watch yet, Nothing from the last 2 years though, I sort of lost interest/stopped buying it because of the sheer amount of unwatched DVDs i have.

Series Recommendations:
Outlaw Star ♥
Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex (Both)♥
Cowboy BeBop
Samurai Champloo
Ninja Scroll
Thundercats
♥ (Classic)
Dragonball Z ♥ (Classic)

I also like fightingn animes like Street Fighter Tekken, Fighting Beauty Woolong and Baki The Grappler

As for movies - I'll watch anything set in fuedal Japan, I love that era.

#34 Misatouki

Misatouki

Vega

• Members
  • 5,734 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:32 AM

Movies... The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya was amazing. Coming from someone who watches the anime first and reads the manga later, the second season sounds like it's going to be amazing.

Also, My Neighbor Totoro FTW! I still laugh at the South Park episodes with Cthulu and Cartmen referencing it. :lol:

Edited by Misatouki, 13 August 2011 - 10:33 AM.

#35 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 53,702 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:03 AM

How many of you read manga?

#36 Purple Rayne

Purple Rayne

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:14 AM

^The only time I read manga is when the anime isn't caught up and I have no other choice (like Naruto: Shippuden, for example). I'm not big on manga, so I try to stick to anime as much as possible.

#37 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 53,702 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:02 AM

Ah, I see. May I ask why you're not a fan of manga?

#38 Purple Rayne

Purple Rayne

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:00 AM

^I just don't get quite as into it compared to anime. I just enjoy the animation more, is all. It leaves less to the imagination, perhaps, but sometimes I prefer it that way.

Also, my sister and I often watch anime together. It's just sort of something we've always done together, since we were kids. A bonding thing, if you will. And as you can probably imagine, watching anime together is a bit more exciting than reading manga together. =P

Edited by Purple Rayne, 14 August 2011 - 08:01 AM.

#39 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 53,702 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:47 PM

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation. :3 My main issue with anime is that it tends to be filler and sometimes not exactly straight to the point. Take Naruto for example, it tends to have characters going all "err, umm, hmm, durrr" and so many fillers like Naruto getting lost on his way to the chuunin exams. Apart from that, and the time, I can easily get into anime.

My Anime List: where you guys can list all the manga and anime you've read.

Here's my list of what I'm reading, what I've read, what I hve yet to read, and what I've dropped. ;)

#40 Squall Leonheart

Squall Leonheart

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
  • Gamertag: SquallXLeonhart
  • SEN (PS3): LeonhartxGriever
  • Steam ID: GunbladexMasterxLeonheart

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:55 PM

Dragon Ball Z is the only anime I've watched from start to finish.
I got bored of Yu-Gi-Oh after the Marik series.
My interest in Digimon stopped when when they reached the Digimon Tamers series.

BTW if you're a fan of DBZ, then check out TeamFourStar's DBZ Abridged on Youtube. I swear to God that's some of the funniest stuff I've seen.

DBZ Abridged Is Great.