Football Manager

JayBee.

It's each to their own I guess. Some people have a real issue with managing big teams because in their eyes there's no challenge, but I don't think there's anything stopping you from setting some unique goals for yourself. For me personally, I enjoy the big transfer budgets and superb training and youth facilities with the big teams - being able to fill out a starting XI of top quality players you've brought through the youth system with is something I tend to aim for.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's each to their own I guess. Some people have a real issue with managing big teams because in their eyes there's no challenge, but I don't think there's anything stopping you from setting some unique goals for yourself. For me personally, I enjoy the big transfer budgets and superb training and youth facilities with the big teams - being able to fill out a starting XI of top quality players you've brought through the youth system with is something I tend to aim for.

I actually did that on my Oldham save which I ran for 30 years or so, I eventually had it where most of my team I had made from kids and such and my U18 and U23 won the youth leagues every year lol

I actually did that on my Oldham save which I ran for 30 years or so, I eventually had it where most of my team I had made from kids and such and my U18 and U23 won the youth leagues every year lol

It's always one of the better parts of the game. Every time there's a new youth intake, there's always the excitement of getting a future starting XI player in the mix.

Even as a big team, you still get a lot of absolute crap come through the system. It's like "hold on a sec, I've got world class scouts and coaches, I'm always getting the board to increase the quality of youth intake etc. but I've got 12 half star potentials here?".

Andrea Belotti has been an absolute monster for me since signing him last season. 60 goals in 60 league appearances!

9UV6aFg.jpg

Archived