Wii U

D.A.N.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the stream earlier and I really felt it would be fun, Just to make sure I don't need to use a TV if I get one? Changing my Xbox and This would just piss me off.

What kind of TV do you have? Plenty of TVs these days have multiple Component and HDMI ports.

As long as the price isnt a complete joke, I think I might actually get this. I still have no love for motion controls, but using the tablet seems really cool and from what Iv seen in the E3 demos developers like Ubisoft seem to have found a way of making it so using the tablet is actually more fun. And thats really how you sell a new console or a new peripheral, you make it interesting enough for developers to put a focus on it, and make it so its more fun to play with your new tech then it is on other consoles that dont have that tech.

I think any more than £300 for the console and a pad and Im out.

Oh yea, and dont forget to add ZombiU and Mass Effect 3 to that list of games Dan. And I think FIFA 13 is also rumoured, not sure if confirmed.

I saw the stream earlier and I really felt it would be fun, Just to make sure I don't need to use a TV if I get one? Changing my Xbox and This would just piss me off.

What kind of TV do you have? Plenty of TVs these days have multiple Component and HDMI ports.

My TV already has Xbox & sky plugged into it, Plus its on a wall and I really don't wanna have to pull it down just for a Wii. It would be soo easier if I can just use the screen on the pad if I could.

Nintendo has confirmed that all your downloaded WiiWare and Virtual Console games will be able to be transferred to the Wii U. This is awesome news.

I'm pretty sure it still needs to be connected to the TV for power even though there are games that can be played entirely on the screen. Time will tell I guess.

I thought Nintendo's press conference was very underwhelming. I didn't see one thing that screamed to me "This is why you should be excited by the Wii U!"

Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. U, and ZombiU looked great. But yes, it was extremely underwhelming.

If the recently leaked specs of the Wii U are true, then the system is indeed 50% more powerful than the PS3, except for the RAM, which is only about three times more powerful.

Nintendo has confirmed that all your downloaded WiiWare and Virtual Console games will be able to be transferred to the Wii U. This is awesome news.

I thought Nintendo's press conference was very underwhelming. I didn't see one thing that screamed to me "This is why you should be excited by the Wii U!"

Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. U, and ZombiU looked great. But yes, it was extremely underwhelming.

If the recently leaked specs of the Wii U are true, then the system is indeed 50% more powerful than the PS3, except for the RAM, which is only about three times more powerful.

That is great that consumers will be able to transfer all their downloaded content for Wii. Nintendo would've really screwed up if they didn't enable that option.

I've never played Pikmin, NSMBU looks okay (though I would've preferred a full 3D Mario game), and ZombiU looks promising. However, I'm not sure which of those will be launch games and no matter which are, there is not one single title there that says "This is why you must buy a Wii U!" And that's troubling to me.

The d-pad, rumble pak, motion controls, avatars...Nintendo takes the gamble and others emulate, which is good for business. Competition breeds innovation, which is always good for consumers. I am however unsure of how the Wii U hardcore controller will be used if the Wii U games are still supposed to be having motion controls and utilizing the new tablet gamepad?

The controller is primarily there for multiplatform games and...

Super Smash Bros.

Just wondering why's that in spoilers?

That's great news, but, how would you do a transfer?

They haven't fully confirmed yet but said it would have to do with restructuring user accounts. My guess would be that the friend code will be a serial for the account-based system that they will probably use if they ditch friend codes like they should.

Nothing is convincing me to buy this yet except for Arkham City Armored Edition, Just Dance 4 and Super Mario BrosU. 2/3 have Xbox 360 ports and Mario doesn't look too enhanced to buy.

Personally, I couldn't care less about the new Mario games announced. These side scrollers are fun and all, but we need something new. Some innovation. This Super Mario U just looks like all these New Super Mario games we've been getting. What makes me want to go back and play Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine is that there are no other games like them. It's probably time to go back to an open world. He needs to be put into a new setting. New Super Mario Brothers 2 looks just like the last one, with levels just being reaaranged. To me, Super Mario U is looking like the most forgetable Mario launch title to date.

This definitely should have got time during Nintendo's conference.

Personally, I couldn't care less about the new Mario games announced. These side scrollers are fun and all, but we need something new. Some innovation. This Super Mario U just looks like all these New Super Mario games we've been getting. What makes me want to go back and play Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine is that there are no other games like them. It's probably time to go back to an open world. He needs to be put into a new setting. New Super Mario Brothers 2 looks just like the last one, with levels just being reaaranged. To me, Super Mario U is looking like the most forgetable Mario launch title to date.

There's no way it will be as forgettable or low in quality as Super Mario Advance, Super Mario Land, or Super Mario 64 DS.

There's no way it will be as forgettable or low in quality as Super Mario Advance, Super Mario Land, or Super Mario 64 DS.

I was really only talking about the console ones, but I didn't mention that in my post so that's my fault.

• 3 months later...

I know this post is from a long time ago, but it has some good points. I like side scroller Mario games, but I really want to see what the WiiU is capable of in terms of graphic power in a Mario game. We really need some kind of Mario Galaxy WiiU game (that would be so epic) or an updated version of Super Mario 64.

I'm also disappointed at the lack of Mario Kart. Zelda looks good though, as does Batman.

Nintendo is releasing the price and date today, their having a press conference today starting at 10 am.

I'll be interested to see what the price will be on this unit. I really do think that could either make or break this console.

I've never really been a fan of Nintendo's first party games so the Wii U doesn't appeal to me as much as the other two next gen consoles. Also, will the Wii U be on par with the other two or will it be inferior when they get released?

I love how people talk as though they have a clue about these things. First, they say "why don't they use HDDs instead of SSDs, it would cost a less for more storage space". Yes, that's fine, but then it wouldn't be faster than their previous model. I assume this idea was put forward to speed up loading times. Who would complain about that? Besides, you are given the option to attach an external drive for mass storage. I guess these people have never built a computer before, otherwise they would realise how much of a benefit SSDs give to your system.

Next, they complain about "why wasn't a bigger SSD used instead?". Since when are SSDs used for mass storage? Why on earth would you use something like an SSD, for storing 500gb of data? It will cost about 5x as much as a HDD that can hold 4x as much data. These would also cost more than the system itself, as high storage SSDs can cost an absolute fortune.

After complaining about that, they are then complaining about the price. If I remember rightly, a PS3 was around 500-600 dollars when it was first released, whereas this is 300-350 dollars (I think). So you are paying less, for a machine that is faster than the current consoles Sony and Microsoft have... how is that a bad thing? :facepalm:

Archived