The Dark Knight Rises

Vickshow

I think people need to erase Batman and Robin from their memory period. It's a giant steaming pile of shit coded in shit.

Introducing Jean-Paul Valley in TDKR would be an excellent way to end Nolan's run, but it's not likely to happen. The Dark Knight wouldn't exactly RISE if he had his back broken and had to give up the mantle to Azrael, who basically just terrorized Gotham during his tenure as Batman. The Batman name would actually sink lower than in did by the end of TDK.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if done right, they could condense the gist of the story into a 2 hour 45 min movie, with Batman being hurt in the beginning or something along those lines, and have him come back around torwards the end.

I actually agree with this, what better way to introduce Bane to most of the audience then by having him come in and just destroy Batman, break his back, and leave him out of action for a good chunk of the movie.

I love Tom Hardy but i hate Anne Hathaway. And the casting choices. I really did expect a villain like Black Mask or Hush, but since it's the final Nolan Batman film, it's expected that the bad guy's gonna be one of the big ones, and as EVERY SINGLE NEWS REPORT TELLS US, Bane did break Batman's spine.

[but then again, Hush removed Catwoman's f*cking heart. That could of so made an epic story, if only the previous one or two films had built Catwoman up.]

I think if done right, they could condense the gist of the story into a 2 hour 45 min movie, with Batman being hurt in the beginning or something along those lines, and have him come back around torwards the end.

I actually agree with this, what better way to introduce Bane to most of the audience then by having him come in and just destroy Batman, break his back, and leave him out of action for a good chunk of the movie.

You make it sound as if you're being sarcastic..and having Batman missing in a whole chunk is a bad thing. If you know the Knightfall storyline, somebody else takes up the Batman identity to fill in for Wayne, but when that guy starts going from protector of justice to careless vigilante, that initially prompts Bruce wayne to get back up on his feet. Also since I read rumors that basically Catwoman's role is also somewhat of a vigilante since Batman is on the run as a fugitive from the results of TDK, not only are you getting Bane being a badass, but you could get the crazy awesomeness of Azrael/Knightfall, and Catwoman/Selina Kyle who initially could help Bruce Wayne in a way but also be a part of why he feels he needs to recover as she is almost as reckless as Jean Paul- Valley is as Batman/Azrael. Like I said, I could see how it is done, but I'm trying not to go for a tl;dr size post, and while it may not be what Nolan is doing, since it's still out there whether or not Talia Al Ghul will be in the movie, it's still a storyline he should take massive references too since that's how Bane got over in the comics.

You make it sound as if you're being sarcastic..and having Batman missing in a whole chunk is a bad thing. If you know the Knightfall storyline, somebody else takes up the Batman identity to fill in for Wayne, but when that guy starts going from protector of justice to careless vigilante, that initially prompts Bruce wayne to get back up on his feet. Also since I read rumors that basically Catwoman's role is also somewhat of a vigilante since Batman is on the run as a fugitive from the results of TDK, not only are you getting Bane being a badass, but you could get the crazy awesomeness of Azrael/Knightfall, and Catwoman/Selina Kyle who initially could help Bruce Wayne in a way but also be a part of why he feels he needs to recover as she is almost as reckless as Jean Paul- Valley is as Batman/Azrael. Like I said, I could see how it is done, but I'm trying not to go for a tl;dr size post, and while it may not be what Nolan is doing, since it's still out there whether or not Talia Al Ghul will be in the movie, it's still a storyline he should take massive references too since that's how Bane got over in the comics.

No sarcasm meant at all, I haven't really read to much into the whole history, don't know much aside from what is generally considered common knowledge :lol: But yea, I didn't mean have him completely gone from the movie for that chunk, just have him "out of action" so to speak.

I love Tom Hardy but i hate Anne Hathaway. And the casting choices. I really did expect a villain like Black Mask or Hush, but since it's the final Nolan Batman film, it's expected that the bad guy's gonna be one of the big ones, and as EVERY SINGLE NEWS REPORT TELLS US, Bane did break Batman's spine.

[but then again, Hush removed Catwoman's f*cking heart. That could of so made an epic story, if only the previous one or two films had built Catwoman up.]

Not to mention that Catwoman shot Black Mask right in the fact, smashing his jaw, thus killing him, so they could have used that. But like I said, I'd rather Bane than any other Batman enemy (big Bane fan right here).

Hathaway always came across as a more cute pretty girl than the seductive femme fatale character of Catwoman, but I think she could surprise us. Google told me she beat out Natalie Portman and Keira Knightley for the role, which suggests that Nolan was looking for a more cutesy actress to portray the role.

I like Tom Hardy so approve of him as Bane.

The whole thing sounds interesting to me. Granted, I don't like the cheap shots they took at the older films, considering that I actually enjoyed them, but that's their opinion. That, and to me, Michelle Pfeiffer will always hold a place in my heart as Catwoman, but still, I can't wait.

5 Day bump.

I've not read enough comics involving Bane to know his character and place in the universe so i'm not that big of a fan for Bane being in this movie. But i have huge faith in Nolan, high expectations also. Selina Kyle? She could be like Aaron Eckhart whom i remember is very rarely called Two-face and being casted as Harvey Dent instead of his villain persona. She could play Bruce's love interest for majority of the movie after his loss of Rachel until something snapped in her and she became Catwoman in the final parts of the film.

Brendon Connelly from Bleeding Cool, recently had the chance to ask cinematographer Wally Pfister a few questions about The Dark Knight Rises, and he dropped some very intriguing pieces of information.

Talking of the screentests, Kevin asked: So, Wally you shot Anne’s screen test for Catwoman?

To which he replied in the affirmative. That’s a yes to Kevin saying "Catwoman", not "Selina Kyle". Hmmm.

Pfister added, a little later:

"She looks phenomenal in the wardrobe."

I couldn’t let that lie. Later, I came back to it and asked if this meant what it seems to mean:

"Brendon, I’d get fired and I wouldn’t even get to shoot the picture...I can’t really say, but I definitely want to be around next year..."

Source: ComicBookMovie

Basically confirms that Catwoman is in, though he couldn't flat out say it. I had no doubts, but it seems a lot of you do. It would be ridiculous to include Selina Kyle and not Catwoman, especially considering this is Nolan's last Batman film.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is increasingly one of the most interesting actors working in Hollywood, which would explain why Chris Nolan wants to keep him close by casting him in The Dark Knight Rises.

The pair have just worked on Nolan’s other massive film Inception, and Deadline report that Gordon-Levitt “will be in [Rises] when Nolan starts production this springâ€.

Who’ll he be playing? Nobody’s talking yet, though internet speculation has long been rife that Gordon-Levitt could tackle the role of cheeky villain The Riddler.

Knowing Nolan, though, he won’t want to bog down his last Batman gig with three new villains – he already has Anne Hathaway as Catwoman and Tom Hardy as Bane.

For now, then, it’s a mystery. But still the kind of excellent news that has us feeling certain Rises can match Dark Knight for awesomeness. In fact, file this under ‘most awesome news we’ve heard this week’. Yes, really.

Read more: Film news Joseph Gordon-Levitt will appear in The Dark Knight Rises | TotalFilm.com

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/joseph-gordon-levitt-will-appear-in-the-dark-knight-rises

There are also some rumours saying that Robin Williams might play Hugo Strange.

That's alot of villains.

JGL would be a better Heath Ledger style Joker than Heath Ledger was, but sadly Nolan thinks recasting would be disrespectful to what Heath created. Ridder and Dick are both confirmed out, so my guess would be Alberto Falcone.

*censored* that shit

I'll take Halle any day of the week. :shifty:

HAHAHA. I know how you feel.

Pretty interesting for Anne Hathaway to play such a daring character, but she's played some interesting roles before (one of them she was topless and involved in a sex scene with a gang of....thugs. Forgot the name.

But I don't really want to reference Halle's Catwoman, because I liked it. It stayed in it's own lane, and .....pretty much still is.

I can't really reference a type of card, because well.....one woman made a whole persona of it.

batcdtk882a1.jpg

purrrrr!! R.I.P. Eartha Kitt

But yeah, back to this following film. I'd like to see how this goes. I wonder whose gonna play Poison Ivy once she shows up, or even Harley Quinn.

Archived