The Dark Knight Rises

Vickshow

So yea, she was just announced to be playing Catwoman in the new Batman movie. Thoughts?

Also I just read through, it seems Bane will be in the new movie as well. Should be interesting to see how the have Bane look in this, considering they've tried for a much more realistic look.

Source: http://www.imdb.com/news/ni7011928/

The Dark Knight Rises casting speculation can officially end right now - Warner Brothers have confirmed that Anne Hathaway will be playing Selina Kyle, aka Catwoman, while Tom Hardy has been confirmed as Bane.

Catwoman has long been a fan favourite for Rises - despite that Halle Berry film - and Hathaway has been a front runner during recent casting calls.

In the comics the character is high class cat burglar of questionable moral character who forms a complex love/hate romance with Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Hardy, who was cast before Christmas and thought to be attatched to any number of roles, will play Bane, who - unlike the joke of a character portrayed in 1997's Batman & Robin - is actually a genius military strategist and fearsome soldier driven insane by the super soldier serum 'venom'.

Bane famously broke Batman's spine during a confrontation in the Knightfall saga in the early 1990s, forcing Bruce Wayne to relinquish the mantle of the bat for a time.

Christopher Nolan stated, “I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story.â€

On working again with Tom Hardy, Nolan said, “I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.â€

This news couldn't have come at a better time, with 2012's other superhero movies gathering all the column inches in recent weeks.

We're particularly excited about the announcement that Bane will be the villain - and seeing Hardy bring the monster to life - might we be seeing the long-awaited adaptation of Knightfall? We can only hope.

The Dark Knight Rises is released July 20 2012.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/anne-hathaway-as-catwoman-and-tom-hardy-as-bane-in-the-dark-knight-rises

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hope bane is portrayed more like his comic appearances than he was in the awful batman & robin movie

If you read the whole thing, you would have seen that they're gonna make Bane more of a strategist, unlike in Batman & Robin, where he was just hired muscle. You also gotta remember that it was Bane who broke into Arkham Asylum, and released all the inmates, just to tire out Batman, so he could defeat him easily one-on-one.

For me, I'm happy that 1) Bane is in it, and 2) Anne Hathaway is playing Catwoman.

i hope bane is portrayed more like his comic appearances than he was in the awful batman & robin movie

If you read the whole thing, you would have seen that they're gonna make Bane more of a strategist, unlike in Batman & Robin, where he was just hired muscle. You also gotta remember that it was Bane who broke into Arkham Asylum, and released all the inmates, just to tire out Batman, so he could defeat him easily one-on-one.

For me, I'm happy that 1) Bane is in it, and 2) Anne Hathaway is playing Catwoman.

the thread had been updated & edited since i first read it . it initially had no info on what type of character bane was going to be .

i am intrigued however if his "venom" will used in the movie

Hmm... sounds awesome. I'd love to see Bane and how they make him look real. And hopefully Hathaway plays Catwoman better than Halle Berry did..... *shiver*

And yeah, I sure would love to see some sweet spine-snapping in this movie, make it happen Warner Bros.

Batman's back better be broken in the film.

This.

Just remember guys, lots of people thought Heath Ledger was a terrible choice to play Joker at first. Anne Hathaway certainly wouldn't be my first choice to play Catwoman and I'm not even sure Catwoman could work in these films but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I gotta agree with others. On paper, this seems like a bad choice (personally I would rather they pick someone hotter to play Catwoman as Hathaway doesn't do anything for me). Though the last time someone hot played Catwoman it was one of the biggest failures of all time. Still I wish they would try to find some middle ground between Anne and Halle. But Nolan hasn't steered us wrong yet though.

Anyways, Tom Hardy as Bane sounds like a good choice at least.

Anne Hathaway will OWN that role. Seriously it's gonna be epic. Really liking this so far. Btw, she's only confirmed to play Selina Kyle right now... Catwoman may not even appear although that's unlikely. Very, very unlikely.

So now we have Bane, Catwoman and Talia Al Ghul. Hmm...

Glad it's Bane, and not the Riddler. Sure, Riddler is good, but I've always preferred Bane.

Also, I found out some more info from IGN:

http://au.movies.ign.com/articles/114/1144798p1.html

Long story short, Tom Hardy is playing Bane, instead of the hugely rumoured Hugo Strange. Eh, I'd rather have Bane than Strange.

Batman's back better be broken in the film.

Imagining the Azrael/Nightfall suit in the Nolan Universe is almost orgasmic as that entire story arc itself.

Oh man...I'm imaging it right now...

Also I think people need to erase the bullshit they saw in Batman and Robin about Bane. Read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bane_%28comics%29

Archived