Kurt Angle sends a message to Randy Orton... LOCKDOWN SPOILER!

Youssef

" Jeff Jarrett beat Kurt Angle in a two-out-of-three falls at TNA Lockdown. Angle used the RKO during the match, and then went on Twitter to comment on his use of the maneuver.

“Orton, I used Your Finish as a sign of Respect. Not to get back at U. Respect!†Angle wrote.

Angle complained two weeks ago via the social networking website about WWE performers using his trademark maneuvers at WrestleMania. Orton responded without mentioning Angle by name, and stated that people should be flattered when people use their moves."

Source: http://www.wrestling-edge.com/wwe-news-rumors/kurt-angle-sends-message-randy-orton-title-change-tna-lockdown.html

In my opinion, I think this is pretty childish from Angle. Of course he did that on purpose and not out of respect, at least that's what I think :fedup:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone hacked his moveset.

:lol:

It's a shame this is gonna overshadow a good match..From what I read & heard about the Angle/Jarrett match it was a good one but once again these stupid little attacks to each company within the match takes away from it and we are bound to get 100's of topics about the petty bullshit because of it >_<

Damn, I love Angle. And he's one of my favorite wrestlers but this is just immature. He didn't pound on the mat, did he?

No, just a standard cutter.

Which I believe, is used by a lot of wrestlers, right? This whole 'move stealing' ordeal is blown way out of proportion.

Damn, I love Angle. And he's one of my favorite wrestlers but this is just immature. He didn't pound on the mat, did he?

Which I believe, is used by a lot of wrestlers, right? This whole 'move stealing' ordeal is blown way out of proportion.

If it's just a cutter, yeah. Lots of guys use it. Bubba Ray Dudley used it, not sure if he still does. DDP had the Diamond Cutter. The Stunner is a variation of the cutter as well.

Someone hacked his moveset.

:XD:

Yeah, I love Angle. He's one of the greatest technical wrestlers ever & to hear that he does something like this is pretty disappointing.

You know, the full message is this:

Thank You Shelly. You have potential. Do Not give up on Dream.Orton, I used Your Finish as a sign of Respect. Not to get back at U. Respect!

So who says that this isn't a sign of respect? In the opening post, it sounds sarcastic, almost cynical, but maybe it's an mutual appreciation by both guys of eachother's ability. For all we know, Orton is completely fine with it.

Yes, blown out of proportion by the users here at caws who are making a much biger deal of this than Angle himself is. I didn't detect any anger or frustration from Angle's tweets but I detect a whole lot from the people responding on this site.

Sure Ken Shamrock was using the Ankle Lock first but Angle put the Ankle Lock on the map. When you see the Ankle Lock, you think Kurt Angle. Same with the Angle Slam, sure some Japanese guys do variations of the move but Angle was the first guy in the US to do the move and he put it on the map.

There's no rhyme or reason for Orton to use the Angle Slam, he doesn't even do it very well. It seems obvious to me that Orton has been instructed to use the Angle Slam as a shot against Angle or Orton himself is choosing to do the move as a shot against Angle. It's already blatantly obvious that WWE is trying to package Swagger as the next Angle with the same ring attire, amatuer background and use of the Ankle Lock. WWE steal moves all the time anyway so why are people surprised by this or worse yet trying to deny it? WWE has stolen countless moves from ROH and have even tried stealing their match psychology, I never saw any of the sort of moves WWE are doing these days up until about 3 years ago and now most WWE matches look like poor man's ROH matches.

At the end of the day and at the end of their careers Angle is/was/always will be a much better performer in the ring than Randy Orton. That's the bottom line.

Archived