9 replies to this topic

#1 AustinFan

AustinFan

Caws.ws Unofficial Wrestling News Reporter

• Members
  • 16,948 posts
  • SEN (PS3): AustinFan

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:34 PM

- WWE.com has a new interview up with Steve Austin to promote the All Stars video game. Here are some highlights:

WWE.com: One of the most interesting features in WWE All Stars is the “Fantasy Warfare” mode, which pits your character against CM Punk. Is that a rivalry you wish you could’ve had in real life?

AUSTIN: Damn right it is. CM Punk is one of my favorite WWE Superstars right now. I like what he brings to the ring, I like his mental game. I think a rivalry between “Stone Cold” and CM Punk would have been a hell of a spectacle and a lot of entertainment.

WWE.com: It’s been about eight years since you retired from active competition. Is there a Superstar who is carrying on your legacy today?

AUSTIN: You know, the closest comparison you could make would be Randy Orton, but, man, when someone wants to make comparisons to me, it’s just like making a comparison to Michael Jordan. For a period of time, I was the hottest person on two feet that had ever been in the business. I set all kinds of records from attendance to merchandise to ratings records. When someone can beat that, then I’ll say, "Yep, they beat me." But no one’s done that

Credit:PwPix.net

http://www.pwpix.net...s/304281776.php

I think some of this has aleady been post, but not too sure.

#2 Rated J

Rated J

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,574 posts
  • SEN (PS3): JamieHeron95

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:42 PM

When someone can beat that, then I’ll say, "Yep, they beat me." But no one’s done that[/i]

And no one will.

#3 *LooseCannon*

*LooseCannon*

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,827 posts

Punk vs Austin >>>>> Rock vs Cena.

#4 Rated J

Rated J

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,574 posts
  • SEN (PS3): JamieHeron95

When someone can beat that, then I’ll say, "Yep, they beat me." But no one’s done that[/i]

And no one will.

#5 Sephiroth^

Sephiroth^

Legend

• Members
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:03 PM

Funny. Even as a Cena hater I have to disagree with this. Punk is no where near the level of those three guys.

#6 Porkchop

Porkchop

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

Funny. Even as a Cena hater I have to disagree with this. Punk is no where near the level of those three guys.

The feud would probably make him bigger than Cena if WWE didn't *censored* it up. Watch Punk & Raven's feud. It would be like a watered down version of that, but still good.

#7 Respect The Ring

Respect The Ring

Hall of Famer

• V.I.P
  • 11,019 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:17 PM

If he was pushed that far, he could be. What makes Cena better than him in any way? I like both men, but on the microphone or in the ring, Punk dominates.

#8 *LooseCannon*

*LooseCannon*

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:13 PM

Promos for Punk and Austin would be epic.

Rock and Cena so far - BORING!

Based on what? Punk is a better wrestler than all 3, and this is coming from a Stone Cold fan as well. Being popular I guess is the level you are talking about, which is the WWE's problem.

#9 Youssef

Youssef

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:03 PM

Based on what? Punk is a better wrestler than all 3, and this is coming from a Stone Cold fan as well. Being popular I guess is the level you are talking about, which is the WWE's problem.

Amen to that man.

Punk's in ring skills > Rock and Cena's in ring skills combined together. Period.

#10 Paperut Gambino

Paperut Gambino

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,204 posts
  • Gamertag: AAE Se7enSins

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:17 AM

Amen to that man.

Punk's in ring skills > Rock and Cena's in ring skills combined together. Period.

This. The GTS is Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the FU, and did you see Rock doing the People's Elbow & The Rock Bottom on RAW on Monday? He just doesn't do it like he used to :/