Worth Full Price?

Rated J

Yeah i can't wait to play with the rest of the characters.... and to the one arguing about it...did you buy it? if not you can't knock it till you've bought it or atleast rented it... :jarrett::facepalm:

If you're talkin about me... I traded in for it. I WON"T pay full price for this.

I liked the Graphics, Fantasy warfare vid packages, and some of the character models..but...

I stand by the fact that the Reversal system is flawed or unfairly biased toward cpu as it reverse almost all my reversals ( at least 70% of the time), some characters movesets are horribly inaccurate and the CAW is just way behind the times and limited... plus POC is horrible.. most of it is each path is just 10 matches with 3"segments" with the superstars just standing there in a dark smoky environment talking to the screen...thats it...theres no story there.

I've been fair, and when Ign gives it a 7.5 and Gamespot gives it a 7 I think my points are well backed

To be fair IGN's reviews aren't exactly "Good".

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah i can't wait to play with the rest of the characters.... and to the one arguing about it...did you buy it? if not you can't knock it till you've bought it or atleast rented it... :jarrett::facepalm:

If you're talkin about me... I traded in for it. I WON"T pay full price for this.

I liked the Graphics, Fantasy warfare vid packages, and some of the character models..but...

I stand by the fact that the Reversal system is flawed or unfairly biased toward cpu as it reverse almost all my reversals ( at least 70% of the time), some characters movesets are horribly inaccurate and the CAW is just way behind the times and limited... plus POC is horrible.. most of it is each path is just 10 matches with 3"segments" with the superstars just standing there in a dark smoky environment talking to the screen...thats it...theres no story there.

I've been fair, and when Ign gives it a 7.5 and Gamespot gives it a 7 I think my points are well backed

To be fair IGN's reviews aren't exactly "Good".

That's the point i was trying to make i don't trust reviews anymore...

@ kevster, come on, your main point is that the reversal system is flawed, but it's really not. You're making it sound like it's the games fault when it's really yours. I would say that argument is invalid if you stick time into learning reversals.

@ kevster, come on, your main point is that the reversal system is flawed, but it's really not. You're making it sound like it's the games fault when it's really yours. I would say that argument is invalid if you stick time into learning reversals.

I literally don't have an issue with the reversal system at all... Kevster just wants to complain probably cause the reversal system isn't one button anymore, but i like it... i just took out piper and jake roberts in POC with 1 atomic leg drop of doom LOL

I literally don't have an issue with the reversal system at all... Kevster just wants to complain probably cause the reversal system isn't one button anymore, but i like it... i just took out piper and jake roberts in POC with 1 atomic leg drop of doom LOL

Welcome 2 the All Stars fan base Jeff!!!!! The game is a blast period.. Me and Nick go in on the tag matches.. U wanna play online sometime, shoot me a friend request gt-- IX RIGHTEOUS XI.. Oh yeah, the reversal system is str8 once u get the timing down.. This game emphasizes timing 2 the utmost..

Welcome 2 the All Stars fan base Jeff!!!!! The game is a blast period.. Me and Nick go in on the tag matches.. U wanna play online sometime, shoot me a friend request gt-- IX RIGHTEOUS XI.. Oh yeah, the reversal system is str8 once u get the timing down.. This game emphasizes timing 2 the utmost..

I actually would man but unfortunately i got the game for ps3 mainly cause i was mad aafter i renewed live and couldn't get on the damn servers in svr11 so that was why i ggot it for ps3 yeah i'd def like to play some people online...especially after i've gotten a little bit more used to the controls like running for example... i'm so used to running with LB/L2 so gotta get used to using R2..also i hate they made pinning the same button you run with lol

I tried the demo...didn't like. Whether it's worth full price or not? That's up to the consumer. Rent it for a couple of days. If you enjoy it, then it's worth it. If not, well...it cost a helluva lot less to rent than buy. :P

Well that's what i was suggesting to kevster.. but i will really tell you lacertile, I was the biggest hater on this game because of that demo but i mean i'm having a blast now... hell it took me 3 Atomic legdrops to beat Andre the Giant LOL

lol I'm sure maybe I could get into the game if I wanted to, but the demo really turned me off to it. Usually things don't change between the demo and the retail release significantly. For those who like it, great. Me...I'm just gonna wait for SVR12 :D

lol I'm sure maybe I could get into the game if I wanted to, but the demo really turned me off to it. Usually things don't change between the demo and the retail release significantly. For those who like it, great. Me...I'm just gonna wait for SVR12 :D

Yeah i feel u bro i'm still waiting on svr12 just kinda mad at svr11 cause i can't access CC or only lol but i'll live... hopefully they fix online among other things lol

Yes. If SVR12's online is bad again, there will be hell for THQ lol. This board was already on fire for SVR11. I like the All-Stars roster and would LOVE to see some of those Legends in SVR12 (Hogan, Warrior, Perfect, Macho).

I agree... i actually bought back svr10 just for the movesets lol

Dude you're a Moron.. and I m getting tired of you dogging my posts.

I don't care what you think I said...

I said the reversal system is flawed because CPU REVERSES MY REVERSALS about 70%-80% percent of the time.. since Vagina-Nick cant get it... or can't be honest about what I said . I CAN REVERSE just fine most of the time.. Im saying the system is cheaply biased towards the CPU.

@JeffSVR11 -- I never said the game was terrible... I gave good points and bad points. and for the Doubters, I mentioned the fact that both Gamespot -7.0 and Ign-7.5 .... gave it so-so reviews. They liked the gameplay but thought other parts were lacking..

Dude you're a Moron.. and I m getting tired of you dogging my posts.

I said the reversal system is flawed because CPU REVERSES MY REVERSALS about 70%-80% percent of the time.. since Vagina-Nick cant get it... or can't be honest about what I said . I CAN REVERSE just fine most of the time.. Im saying the system is cheaply biased towards the CPU.

@JeffSVR11 -- I never said the game was terrible... I gave good points and bad points. and for the Doubters, I mentioned the fact that both Gamespot -7.0 and Ign-7.5 .... gave it so-so reviews. They liked the gameplay but thought other parts were lacking..

Well that aside, To me it's a fun and addicting game imo i feel i got my 60$ worth...

Its a fun game, but honestly I'd wait for the prive to drop, theres only 2 game modes which dont really take that much time at all to beat and not really that many superstars either. Other than that its a good game and the gameplay is unique and entertaining. The graphics looks pretty interesting too me too. At the most I'd probably pay about 35$

Its a fun game, but honestly I'd wait for the prive to drop, theres only 2 game modes which dont really take that much time at all to beat and not really that many superstars either. Other than that its a good game and the gameplay is unique and entertaining. The graphics looks pretty interesting too me too. At the most I'd probably pay about 35$

Path of Champions you can do over and over again though, to unlock attires, and online has way more replay value than SvR.

Path of Champions you can do over and over again though, to unlock attires, and online has way more replay value than SvR.

This.

It'll take people a while to 100% this game plus get all the achievements. The attires are added incentive to go through PoC with each character.

It really is a sleeper hit in terms of fighting/sports games. Most people expected a pretty average game during it's lead-up.

There are few moves that you initiate that don't end with you causing damage if you actually reverse the whole chain. Get better at reversing, also, spamming the same move will cause the CPU to reverse even more.

This.

It'll take people a while to 100% this game plus get all the achievements. The attires are added incentive to go through PoC with each character.

It really is a sleeper hit in terms of fighting/sports games. Most people expected a pretty average game during it's lead-up.

I've heard the trophy's take 10 hours to get :(

my only issue is i actually thought that there would be like four moves per chain, but like with hollywood hogan i keep doing that shoulderbreaker and running powerslam

There is. Strong Grapple + A or B or Y or X (XBOX) all do different moves, same with light grapple. And you do different moves after doing punch combo's, so there's at least 10 standard grapples.

This.

I've heard the trophy's take 10 hours to get :(

It will take you more then 10 hours to get all the trophies. It will take a few days to get them all unless you play 24 hours straight.

Archived