#1401 MikeM

MikeM

Big Daddy

• Members
  • 7,169 posts
  • Gamertag: DaShowstoppa24
  • SEN (PS3): (PSN) BigDaddyMM24

Posted 22 July 2018 - 07:10 PM

Hamilton has been summoned to race control as a result of switching across the grass from the pitlane to the track. I reckon he'll get something token like points on his licence and a fine - they won't have the balls to do anything that would take the win off him.

Yep, stewards fail to act and Hamilton keeps his win. Huge blow to Vettel's title tilt.

#1402 classiq.

classiq.

Skill, Honour, Heart

• Members
  • 23,111 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Homebwoi

Posted 03 August 2018 - 01:22 PM

Red Bull Racing have confirmed that Daniel Ricciardo will leave the team at the end of the 2018 Formula One season, with the driver set to join Renault.

The decision was announced in a statement on the team's official website on Friday, with team principal Christian Horner saying the Australian will move on with their best wishes.

"We fully respect Daniel's decision to leave Red Bull Racing and we wish him all the best in his future," said Horner. "We would like to thank him for his dedication and the role he has played since joining the team in 2014, the highlights of course being the seven wins and the 29 podiums he has achieved so far with us."

Horner said the team will now take their time to assess their options when appointing a partner for their other driver, Max Verstappen.

Following the announcement by Red Bull, Renault confirmed the Australian would be part of their team for 2019 on their official website; Ricciardo said he's looking forward to the challenge ahead:

"It was probably one of the most difficult decisions to take in my career so far. But I thought that it was time for me to take on a fresh and new challenge. I realise that there is a lot ahead in order to allow Renault to reach their target of competing at the highest level but I have been impressed by their progression in only two years, and I know that each time Renault has been in the sport they eventually won. I hope to be able to help them in this journey and contribute on and off track."

According to Jonathan McEvoy of the Daily Mail, the 29-year-old will makes the switch to the French team despite interest from McLaren. Ricciardo was reportedly interested in joining Ferrari, but McEvoy reported Sebastien Vettel was "though to be opposed to the idea."

While Renault have not been able to compete with the likes of Mercedes, Ferrari or Red Bull this season, F1 journalist Pablo Elizalde is intrigued by the prospect of Ricciardo's move there: https://twitter.com/...335942763237376

The news adds to the changes that'll take place at Red Bull in 2019. Not only will they have a new team-mate for Verstappen, they will be switching from Renault engines to Honda engines for the campaign too.

Ricciardo will be an asset to a Renault team seeking their first world title since 2006. In addition to being a proven winner, the Australian is one of the most vibrant characters on the grid. The key for his new constructors will be getting a car in place for 2019 to match that talent.

https://bleacherrepo...-at-seasons-end

Renault look to be favourites for taking 4th place in the constructors championship which will afford them more money and other resources which could (hopefully) make them a contender next year and in the future. Hulk is also a great driver so the pairing is tremendous. I guess Danny Ric wasnt impressed with the Honda partnership which should bring Gasly or maybe even Sainz to the main RB team.

#1403 MikeM

MikeM

Big Daddy

• Members
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 04:58 PM

There's going to be some serious fireworks between Renault and Red Bull now. As if there wasn't already. I'd expect Sainz to be pulled back from his loan next year and partner Max - but that's not without risk as they can't stand each other.

#1404 MikeM

MikeM

Big Daddy

• Members
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 02:41 PM

What a complete bottle job by the stewards that was. Hamilton had no business sticking his nose up there.

#1405 King RyderFan

King RyderFan

Live and let live!

• Members
  • 20,156 posts
  • Gamertag: Fight another fight for another day
  • SEN (PS3): Everything is changed but they should remain
  • Steam ID: I'm fighting until my fists stop feeling, my heart stops beating
  • Twitter: @Rated_CHZRFan

Posted 02 September 2018 - 03:52 PM

What a complete bottle job by the stewards that was. Hamilton had no business sticking his nose up there.

Not really, both drivers were at fault. I understand you have a hatred of Hamilton, but please do not let let it cloud your judgement.

#1406 Monkey D. Jiggy

Monkey D. Jiggy

Kurosaki Ichigo

• Members
  • 23,729 posts
  • Twitter: @Jackel_Ramzilla

Posted 03 September 2018 - 05:48 AM

Not really, both drivers were at fault. I understand you have a hatred of Hamilton, but please do not let let it cloud your judgement.
Unless Mike has said something, why would he have hatred for Hamilton? Criticizing the guy doesn't mean one has hatred for him.

#1407 King RyderFan

King RyderFan

Live and let live!

• Members
  • 20,156 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:38 AM

Unless Mike has said something, why would he have hatred for Hamilton? Criticizing the guy doesn't mean one has hatred for him.

Looking through the thread I cannot see a time when Mike has said anything positive about Lewis, and any time something controversial happens involving Hamilton he is always quick to jump on the side that blames him, be it when he held up Rosberg right before Nico won the title, the whole pit lane entry drama at Germany or this latest collision with Seb.

#1408 Monkey D. Jiggy

Monkey D. Jiggy

Kurosaki Ichigo

• Members
  • 23,729 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:48 AM

Looking through the thread I cannot see a time when Mike has said anything positive about Lewis, and any time something controversial happens involving Hamilton he is always quick to jump on the side that blames him, be it when he held up Rosberg right before Nico won the title, the whole pit lane entry drama at Germany or this latest collision with Seb.

Be that as it may, none of them constitutes a "hatred" for Hamilton. That word really gets thrown around too much whenever Hamilton gets criticized. Plus those moments weren't straight-forward in the sense the blame clearly lies in one party. There are arguments on both sides. And he goes the other way. It might suggest he's biased against Hamilton, but that's the max. At the other end, I tend to go with Hamilton in those type of situations, doesn't mean I love the guy or anything.

#1409 King RyderFan

King RyderFan

Live and let live!

• Members
  • 20,156 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:54 AM

Be that as it may, none of them constitutes a "hatred" for Hamilton. That word really gets thrown around too much whenever Hamilton gets criticized. Plus those moments weren't straight-forward in the sense the blame clearly lies in one party. There are arguments on both sides. And he goes the other way. It might suggest he's biased against Hamilton, but that's the max. At the other end, I tend to go with Hamilton in those type of situations, doesn't mean I love the guy or anything.

True. I guess I shoulda worded it better. Sorry Mike.

#1410 MikeM

MikeM

Big Daddy

• Members
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:05 PM

True. I guess I shoulda worded it better. Sorry Mike.

Nah, you're kinda right although "hatred" is probably too strong a word.

I actually liked Lewis when he first arrived at McLaren, he seemed like a nice kid and was fun to watch on the track, it was always fun seeing him and Jenson clowning around (like the Tooned animations) however over time he's become very arrogant and aloof - I don't think it's been helped by the people around him. The absolute worst thing is about the cheerleading and ass kissing that goes on from SkySports F1 where they compare him to Senna and they're so overboard when he wins. And I'm sorry, statistics or not, he's not on Ayrton's level - Lewis leans far more on his engineers and needs to be talked to all the time, Ayrton figured it all out for himself.

The only time I've ever really found Lewis likable since, was when he drove Ayrton's McLaren Honda MP4/12 and it was clear how much he worships him. I do wonder if now the constant comparisons have made him believe he's untouchable in everything he does. 

The other takeaways from the weekend were that DRS is far too effective in places like Monza, it's supposed to "assist" overtaking, not simply allow you to blast past the guy in front like he's a back marker.

#1411 King RyderFan

King RyderFan

Live and let live!

• Members
  • 20,156 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 04:40 PM

All I have to say after this race is *Censored* Perez, *Censored* Perez, and *Censored* Perez again. Guy should have been DQed for intentionally ruining Sirotkins race.

#1412 Monkey D. Jiggy

Monkey D. Jiggy

Kurosaki Ichigo

• Members
  • 23,729 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:36 PM

Tbh, Sirotkin wasn't going to achieve much, but Perez was being an idiot to say the least.

#1413 MikeM

MikeM

Big Daddy

• Members
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 03:32 PM

Only thing enjoyable about that Grand Prix was Max. The past couple have been ruined by Mercedes formation driving. At this point with all the musical chairs, I'm already looking forward to 2019.

Also in the F2, Artem Markelov yesterday, wow - 19th to first in 5 laps.

#1414 Monkey D. Jiggy

Monkey D. Jiggy

Kurosaki Ichigo

• Members
  • 23,729 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:02 AM

Then his team *censored*ed his pitstop up for him, but it didn't seem like he was able to do much on the red tyres anyway.

Also, Vettel bottled 2k18, hope Leclerc bosses him next year.

#1415 MikeM

MikeM

Big Daddy

• Members
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 05:39 PM

Then his team *censored*ed his pitstop up for him, but it didn't seem like he was able to do much on the red tyres anyway.

Also, Vettel bottled 2k18, hope Leclerc bosses him next year.

Seb has a bit of a shock coming his way. I don't think LeClerc is coming to play nicely and back him up. There's fireworks coming there either in 19 or 20.

New rules and musical chairs in the drivers market, after Hamilton inevitably waltzes to the title (Ferrari have just imploded) for the remainder of the season.