CONFIRMED!?? You CANNOT edit movesets on CAWs

McCHitman

You CAN'T Edit the moves...Welcome to THQ land...

Granted if your buying this game, you prolly aren't all that interested in deep CAW customization, but still, what a joke.

Is there a creation mode?

Yup, you'll be able to create your own pumped up Superstar. You can adjust mouths, body shapes, and shoulders. THQ says that the mode packs all sorts of clothing options including more than 100 top and bottom designs. You can borrow a real character's move set and change the finisher, but that's as far as the move tweaking goes. There's no create an entrance, so you'll have to use an existing one. It looks OK, but it's not crazy detailed.

Source- IGN Article

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I totally get what your saying. Who knows how cheap the game will be anyway when it comes down to it. But if you can't change the movesets, your not gonna have everybody and their cousin doing the HHH high knee

Oh my god, this is terrible!

Street Fighter allows you to pick every individual move and special but THQ can't get that right because they're a business hellbent on making money.......

Gasp! HOW DARE THEY TRY TO MAKE MONEY! We demand a company that thinks of us by spending more money than what's being made. Halo, GTA, and whatever random FPS people get a boner over wouldn't have this!

:rolleyes:

(There's only four classes of styles in the game and there moves are all shared by everyone in that one particular class so not being able to change moves isn't something to bitch about when Grapplers, Powerhouses, Highflyers, and Brawlers will all be doing their class of moves but according to everyone who's a WWE fan and sees a WWE game, this is terrible because it's not HCTP or No Mercy :lol: )

Meh not to fussed about it on this game but it would be bullshit if they ever incorporate this on SVR. I would like to have the categories on SVR thou, would make for more accuracy using the Big Man one and being allowed those types of moves no stupid 619's from a guy like Big Show and what not. Meh back to my fantasy world where THQ would do this I guess.

Not sure why people keep complaining over this game not having things SvR has. SvR is a game that has been in Development for over a decade and will have more Features/ Options.

AND I will say it Right now. WWE ALL STARS GAMEPLAY Quality > SVR GAMEPLAY Quality

Yeah, this does suck.

Hopefully in the sequel they'll allow us to edit them.....if not in this via an update patch.

The different type of game argument shouldn't apply when it comes to this sort of thing, because it'd be a relatively easy option to setup. They can't be worried about keeping the game balanced for online play because they've already catered it to the turbo users with the button mashing minigames.

Throw us a bone here.

For once.

I honestly can't believe some of you don't mind. I don't know if you're on bandwagon for this game or what.

It just is gonna show the repetitiveness of this game. Mark my words, it'll end up like TNA iMPACT & LOWM and be on the $20 shelf soon.

Not sure why people keep complaining over this game not having things SvR has. SvR is a game that has been in Development for over a decade and will have more Features/ Options.

AND I will say it Right now. WWE ALL STARS GAMEPLAY Quality > SVR GAMEPLAY Quality

Pretty much, and this doesn't bother me at all, mainly because I always copy over movesets to all my CAWs on SvR and change a finisher and move here or there.

Below is a rant. Read it if you want, I don't care if you don't. You'll just spurt out dickriding comments.

I can pretty much say to these people complaining about CAW Mode, that this is a FIGHTING game in the "outfit" of a wrestling game. WHY CANT PEOPLE REALIZE THIS YET?! Count how many fighting games have a Creation mode, I bet you can on one hand. [unless you are missing fingers]. You people obsessed with CAW mode are ridiculous. How can you compare this to SvR? How can you compare this to it's creation methods? It's been in development for less than 2 years and it's FIRST try. Games matter to me about gameplay, not customization. I haven't made a single CAW in TNA iMPACT and yet I still play that almost every day (Yeah, that's right, I love the gameplay more than SvR's.) The thing about All-Stars is, that it's gameplay looks really good, and Smackdown's core gameplay is very weak and poor which is why I do not play online and it's not because I suck, I couldn't care less learning all those online techniques and hacks everyone uses. The only time I play Smackdown is to have a fun match here or there if any of my other games bore me which they don't. I have fun making a storyline for an hour or two and then I just quit the game.

I know this is a disappointment to some of you here. It's fine to be disappointed with something you wanted in All Stars. The game simply can't have everything every individual person on CAWs, GR, IGN, GameFaqs, etc. wants. We'll always disappoint. And considering how good I think All Stars is from a polish level, I'm cool with that. I hope you guys see what I'm talking about in the demo.

Archived