WWE ALL STARS DEMO Discussion (will release March 22nd)

Charles Shane

This will pretty much be the buy it or not buy it factor for me.

That's extremely stupid. Demos never justify games. They're watered down beta versions that probably are missing quite a number of factors from the full game (not modes or superstars, I'm talking gameplay wise)

That's extremely stupid. Demos never justify games. They're watered down beta versions that probably are missing quite a number of factors from the full game (not modes or superstars, I'm talking gameplay wise)

LOL sounds like you been learning from Dan.

But I disagree. That is the case sometimes, but majority of the time (including this, since they're done working on it) I'd say that the demo is full rep of the game.

Not really.

Read that again.

Doesn't change anything.

and we'll just keep letting you think that

Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo. Prime example, Fight Night Champion had quite a bit of reaction time missing. Must I go on?

Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo. Prime example, Fight Night Champion had quite a bit of reaction time missing. Must I go on?

The majority of times, this is true. A good example would be the original God of War. The PS3 God of War Collection (including the first and second ones) came with bonus behind the scenes videos. They created a demo that they later released on disc that came with a magazine, even though I can't remember which magazine at the moment, and in the bonus features they were showing the stress they were going through making it. I specifically remember, after they had a meeting discussing the unfinished and incomplete aspects of the gameplay that would be included in the demo, how the bugs were overwhelming and they had to spend their nights working to get it fixed up in time. And, even after they were done making the demo, the director Cory Barlog was talking about how he was crossing his fingers hoping that the people playing the demo wouldn't find the more console-damaging bugs.

In the end, it takes a long time to make a demo which is done separately from making the game once they've decided what will be included in it. I believe you can't judge a game by it's demo, but you can get a gist of what it might be like and even a little taste by playing it. Those of you who are turned off by the demo, but not by much, I suggest a future rental. I did that with several games after playing the demos and found myself purchasing those same games later, and enjoying them even more and for longer. :nod:

Say the guy who already based how great the game will be by watching a few videos.

Say the guy who already based how great the game will be by watching a few videos.

Beauty in the eyes of the beholder.

Look at the demo wait hire it from blockbusters wait 3 months then buy it fOr 20 bucks plus afl live is out next month bring in the Aussie rules

What?

Here is my attempt at a translation.

"1) Try out the demo. 2) Rent the game from Blockbusters. 3) Wait three months, then purchase the game for $20 as well as AFL Live (which is releasing next month). 4) bring in the Aussie rules?"

I wasn't able to make a full translation. Things got a little jumbled at the end. :fedup:

Archived