C'mon Wallabies
Hahaha bye England

#562 Orchio

Orchio

Legend

• Members
  • 7,898 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 09:47 PM

That was impressive as hell from Australia tonight.

Well so much for England being one of the favorites to win this tournament...... Honestly it's remarkable how over-hyped the England team were for this World Cup,

Hopefully we can get a good result tomorrow vs Italy and we need to put on a good performance against France to avoid New Zealand in the quarters to have any chance of the semis.

#563 Fried

Fried

Ingobernable

• Members
  • 6,996 posts
  • Gamertag: Friedful
  • Twitter: @Friedful

Posted 10 October 2015 - 05:43 PM

Great defence by Australia.

#564 Orchio

Orchio

Legend

• Members
  • 7,898 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 11:32 PM

Although the injuries to O'Connell and Sexton and the fact that O'Brien's tournament is over due to stupidity have put a dampener on things it was a great result and team effort today and not one I saw coming after how the first half went for us. France nullify us extremely well in the first forty minutes and although the game was tight there was that sense that they had more control in that period. The second half was a complete 180 with every Irish player playing his part superbly well and it's particularly impressive that they done it without some of their most important players.

#565 Orchio

Orchio

Legend

• Members
  • 7,898 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 02:02 PM

Brilliant by Argentina,they've been comfortably better than us all match and thoroughly deserved their win. Perhaps things could have been different if the ref actually had the balls to send Herrera off for what was an obvious red card.

#566 Fried

Fried

Ingobernable

• Members
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 03:46 PM

What did you think about the NZ game? Hard to see anyone beat NZ if they play like that again.

Missed the early game but watching the Wallabies at 2:30 in the morning.

#567 Orchio

Orchio

Legend

• Members
  • 7,898 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 04:38 PM

Yeah can't see anyone beating the all blacks at the moment. Absolutely annihilated France and Savea especially was superb, that second try were he just bulldozed those French players out of the way was impressive as hell. 

Think this World Cup has yet again highlighted the gap between the southern hemisphere teams and northern hemisphere teams. 

If as expected Australia win this match, the semi against Argentina next week will be very interesting to say the least.As I said they were brilliant today. Scotland are giving it a good go at the moment though.

#568 astro

astro

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:06 PM

Almost 2 big upsets with Argentina dominating Ireland ( :( :,( ) and Australia barely pulling it out against Scotland with the last minute penalty.

#569 Crazy™

Crazy™

Valar Morghulis

• Members
  • 23,814 posts
  • Twitter: @Pogbessque

Posted 18 October 2015 - 10:24 PM

Australia/Argentina is gonna be unreal

#570 astro

astro

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:15 AM

Aus are probably going to stomp them

#571 Fried

Fried

Ingobernable

• Members
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 05:35 PM

Argentina are a very good team. Australia playing really average for most of this second half.

#572 astro

astro

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:44 PM

All blacks should have a fairly easy win, Australia haven't been playing well this comp. I thi k if Ireland hadn't choked they would have beaten Australia.

#573 Fried

Fried

Ingobernable

• Members
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:03 PM

I think Australia had some great games against England and Wales, they've been a bit off the pace for the last couple. They'll need to play at their very best to beat the All Blacks.

#574 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

Undefeated at Wrestlemania: 0-0

• Members
  • 21,359 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 05:49 PM

I have no idea how this game is played, but watching the World Cup final right now it's quite enjoyable to watch. No pads, being able to score in different ways, it looks like NFL football only with rules designed to make it more fast paced and enjoyable.

#575 Fried

Fried

Ingobernable

• Members
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:59 PM

Congrats to the All Blacks. 

Felt Australia was coming back towards the end of the second half but honestly I would of felt bad for the All Blacks, who I thought played almost the perfect game, if they were skittled at the end. 

Fantastic team which might never be replicated again in my life time.

#576 Fried

Fried

Ingobernable

• Members
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:36 AM

Reports from NZ media saying Jonah Lomu has sadly passed away aged 40. 

Great rugby player. During the RWC he had a show where he would visit a lot of his old playing mates. Always happy and always smiling. 

RIP Jonah Lomu, pure champion on and off the field. 

#577 Orchio

Orchio

Legend

• Members
  • 7,898 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:22 AM

Couldn't believe it when I saw he had passed.Terribly tragic that a legend of the sport has been taken at such a young age. He was a massive influence in getting many people into Rugby Union growing up and was truly Rugby Unions first global superstar and it was irrelevant in wheter you knew anything about Rugby Union at all, everyone knew Jonah Lomu. At true icon in every sense of the word.  

R.I.P Jonah Lomu.