WWE12 Wish List

Charles Shane

SvR 2011 is going to be releasing soon and work is about to pickup for Next Years game. Now is the time you need to start letting THQ know what you want in future iterations of SvR. So go ahead and type out your Smackdown vs RAW wishlist and let them know all your thoughts and opinions.

CAW MODE SUGGESTIONS - BASE MODEL/HAIR SPECIFIC - TZC

I have been creating things for the series for 9 years. In fact I haven't actually played them since svr2006 but that's another story.

I've always been looking forward to the new games, hoping that the caw system has taken a jump up, but in a way they've been static for a long time. There have been many small cuts over the years, in increments, and while I admit that it is still the best creation system ever for a 3d game, and is a nice distraction for a few months after release, there's fair room for improvement :)

Anyway as for welcome additions in future games for caw mode, whatever year it may be, here it goes:

I'm not getting hopes up too high on many base changing inclusions this year, but Some great additions would be to :

Make the templates/start points for caws portray a range of ages and shapes. Both in body and face Eg:

you could have 1 base model based on a healthy guy in their 20s/30s, with 3 alternate ethnicity modifications as a starting point (not with the morphing pre-tweaked from the same model) - Caucasian, Asian and Afro-Caribbean.

another base model, being an overweight guy, 20s/30s, with the same 3 ethnicity/skin choices above.

then, a base model of a fit but older guy, 40s/50s, same 3 choices as above and finally-

an old fat bloke. :XD: Same choices as the rest above.

These 4 bases with 3 alternates would replace the 12 templates we have already, but mean more to the creation options ultimately.

The thing is at the moment- if you want to make smaller wrestlers like Rey Mysterio or X Pac, or overweight guys like Viscera or Vader, the body shapes are restrictive. The small guys bodies look oddly too muscular as do the fat guys. If there was seperate bases for small, medium and large(fat) guys, it'd instantly help us out with making more realistic caws :)

As for the morphing/shaping of faces:

1 - It'd be great to increase the morphing ranges of everything a little more. In the past, you had a wider range of area to shape the seperate parts. Sliders still went from -100 to 100, for each part, but the difference between the two extremes were larger.

2 - It would be great to be able to change the overall face height, depth and width independantly of the head morphing. This would include all features together like eyebrows eyes nose and mouth.
This also would help with likeness- shrinking and expanding the face as a whole would help with those limits I mentioned above.

3 - Split the forehead height/width and cranium height/width and depth, meaning you can give caws differing hairline heights and possibly shapes within the same hair choices, and have differing cranium shapes without affecting the face size or morph.

4 - Split the brow ridge and eyebrow thickness, they're 2 different things. 'Eyebrow' height as it is barely changes when sliding from -100 to 100, plus changing the thickness of the actual eyebrow also makes hardly any difference. It actually concentrates on the skull brow ridge.
The older games did not have this problem so much- if there was a way to change the skull brow ridge and the actual eyebrow width and thickness seperately- again it'd help a lot..

5 - It'd be great to be able to change the ear height and horizontal placement, even if only a little, instead of trying to shape everything else to suit them. You can run out of morph space easily on some parts trying to do this- see first suggestion.

6 - Add another point or 2 to noses- useful additions would be to change the actual nostril depth and width, and change the nose tip height/width/length independantly of the current 'nostril' height.
As it is, the available nose shapes in game again like other face points, have shrunk from previous games (I'm talking back on HCTP/SVR2006. The graphics were weaker, but the customisation was actually stronger :)

7 - To allow changing of the lip angles, side and front. Sometimes mouth depth and thickness alone is not sufficient to get the shape right. The 'lip' options along with 'eyebrow' options have become pretty useless for varied realistic options over the last few years. There's about 3 of 12 options in 'lips' or 'mouth', that are realistic looking options. Others are clown make ups, giant shiny lips, smudged lipstick etc- just a few more realistic options would be great.

8 - To split the jaw width/height and chin width/height into 2 different areas. People with pronounced chins were difficult if not impossible to create properly in past games.

People like Edge or Hogan, it'd also help to make smaller chins like on Vince.
It could help to create better looking heavier, or overweight people like Paul Bearer, Dusty Rhodes, Rikishi, Viscera or whatever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morphing bodies:

9 - To allow changing of independant length/depth/thickness of both upper and lower arms/legs. In Smackdown Shut Your Mouth and before, we could do that. It really does help to define the looks of people.

Someone like Scott Steiner for instance, has huge upper arms and (relatively) normal forearms. Kurt Angle is (somewhat) the opposite.. just as an example. To have that feature back would again, help out a lot :)

10 - Lastly, and Possibly most importantly in more than just my views- hair options.

To give a few dual choices to choose from could give more choice from possibly less work on the dev teams end- for a simple example, such as :

Hair Part 1:

bald top/ponytail 1
bald top/ponytail 2
bald top/ponytail 3
bald top/straight long back and sides
bald top/straight short back and sides
Bald top/straight short sides and long back
bald top/curly long back and sides
bald top/curly short back and sides
Bald top/curly short sides and long back

Hair Part 2:

spiky, top only - no back and sides
high, top only - no back and sides
combed back, top only - no back and sides
Slick combed back, top only - no back and sides
slick hanging down, away from face, top only - no back and sides
slick hanging down, over face, top only - no back and sides
Receeding buzz cut 1
Receeding buzz cut 2
Receeding short cut
Receeding spiky, top only
Receeding high, top only
Receeding combed back, top only
Receeding Slick combed back, top only
Receeding slick hanging down, away from face, top only
Receeding slick hanging down, over face, top only

That's 24 choices in total, just as an example, that you can do a lot of different things with by mixing and matching the two hair parts together. The combinations possible there are many.
Again, older games used to implement something similar and for a time, after that option was taken out, hair hacks' on SVR2006 for PS2 allowed for some of the most useful hairstyles for caws we ever had- no offence lol

So, that suggestion above is similar in a way to the old hair hacks, but in 3d, and actually on purpose 8-)

Create an Animation(this is my personal idea that would bring a ton of more realism to a WWE game). This feature would include catchphrases and taunts. Catchphrases would include interviews, fan interaction, etc. Taunts would include winning, losing, entrances, signature moves, finishers, etc. This would change the whole face of the Create An Entrance feature by allowing the users to do their own entrances basically. This idea came from the Legends of Wrestling games. This would also allow users to attack another wrestler in thier entarnce.

[quote name='TZC' timestamp='1285107144' post='7581303']
CAW MODE SUGGESTIONS - BASE MODEL/HAIR SPECIFIC - TZC

I have been creating things for the series for 9 years. In fact I haven't actually played them since svr2006 but that's another story.

I've always been looking forward to the new games, hoping that the caw system has taken a jump up, but in a way they've been static for a long time. There have been many small cuts over the years, in increments, and while I admit that it is still the best creation system ever for a 3d game, and is a nice distraction for a few months after release, there's fair room for improvement :)

Anyway as for welcome additions in future games for caw mode, whatever year it may be, here it goes:

I'm not getting hopes up too high on many base changing inclusions this year, but Some great additions would be to :

Make the templates/start points for caws portray a range of ages and shapes. Both in body and face Eg:

you could have 1 base model based on a healthy guy in their 20s/30s, with 3 alternate ethnicity modifications as a starting point (not with the morphing pre-tweaked from the same model) - Caucasian, Asian and Afro-Caribbean.

another base model, being an overweight guy, 20s/30s, with the same 3 ethnicity/skin choices above.

then, a base model of a fit but older guy, 40s/50s, same 3 choices as above and finally-

an old fat bloke. :XD: Same choices as the rest above.

These 4 bases with 3 alternates would replace the 12 templates we have already, but mean more to the creation options ultimately.

The thing is at the moment- if you want to make smaller wrestlers like Rey Mysterio or X Pac, or overweight guys like Viscera or Vader, the body shapes are restrictive. The small guys bodies look oddly too muscular as do the fat guys. If there was seperate bases for small, medium and large(fat) guys, it'd instantly help us out with making more realistic caws :)

As for the morphing/shaping of faces:

1 - It'd be great to increase the morphing ranges of everything a little more. In the past, you had a wider range of area to shape the seperate parts. Sliders still went from -100 to 100, for each part, but the difference between the two extremes were larger.

2 - It would be great to be able to change the overall face height, depth and width independantly of the head morphing. This would include all features together like eyebrows eyes nose and mouth.
This also would help with likeness- shrinking and expanding the face as a whole would help with those limits I mentioned above.

3 - Split the forehead height/width and cranium height/width and depth, meaning you can give caws differing hairline heights and possibly shapes within the same hair choices, and have differing cranium shapes without affecting the face size or morph.

4 - Split the brow ridge and eyebrow thickness, they're 2 different things. 'Eyebrow' height as it is barely changes when sliding from -100 to 100, plus changing the thickness of the actual eyebrow also makes hardly any difference. It actually concentrates on the skull brow ridge.
The older games did not have this problem so much- if there was a way to change the skull brow ridge and the actual eyebrow width and thickness seperately- again it'd help a lot..

5 - It'd be great to be able to change the ear height and horizontal placement, even if only a little, instead of trying to shape everything else to suit them. You can run out of morph space easily on some parts trying to do this- see first suggestion.

6 - Add another point or 2 to noses- useful additions would be to change the actual nostril depth and width, and change the nose tip height/width/length independantly of the current 'nostril' height.
As it is, the available nose shapes in game again like other face points, have shrunk from previous games (I'm talking back on HCTP/SVR2006. The graphics were weaker, but the customisation was actually stronger :)

7 - To allow changing of the lip angles, side and front. Sometimes mouth depth and thickness alone is not sufficient to get the shape right. The 'lip' options along with 'eyebrow' options have become pretty useless for varied realistic options over the last few years. There's about 3 of 12 options in 'lips' or 'mouth', that are realistic looking options. Others are clown make ups, giant shiny lips, smudged lipstick etc- just a few more realistic options would be great.

8 - To split the jaw width/height and chin width/height into 2 different areas. People with pronounced chins were difficult if not impossible to create properly in past games.

People like Edge or Hogan, it'd also help to make smaller chins like on Vince.
It could help to create better looking heavier, or overweight people like Paul Bearer, Dusty Rhodes, Rikishi, Viscera or whatever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morphing bodies:

9 - To allow changing of independant length/depth/thickness of both upper and lower arms/legs. In Smackdown Shut Your Mouth and before, we could do that. It really does help to define the looks of people.

Someone like Scott Steiner for instance, has huge upper arms and (relatively) normal forearms. Kurt Angle is (somewhat) the opposite.. just as an example. To have that feature back would again, help out a lot :)

10 - Lastly, and Possibly most importantly in more than just my views- hair options.

To give a few dual choices to choose from could give more choice from possibly less work on the dev teams end- for a simple example, such as :

Hair Part 1:

bald top/ponytail 1
bald top/ponytail 2
bald top/ponytail 3
bald top/straight long back and sides
bald top/straight short back and sides
Bald top/straight short sides and long back
bald top/curly long back and sides
bald top/curly short back and sides
Bald top/curly short sides and long back

Hair Part 2:

spiky, top only - no back and sides
high, top only - no back and sides
combed back, top only - no back and sides
Slick combed back, top only - no back and sides
slick hanging down, away from face, top only - no back and sides
slick hanging down, over face, top only - no back and sides
Receeding buzz cut 1
Receeding buzz cut 2
Receeding short cut
Receeding spiky, top only
Receeding high, top only
Receeding combed back, top only
Receeding Slick combed back, top only
Receeding slick hanging down, away from face, top only
Receeding slick hanging down, over face, top only

That's 24 choices in total, just as an example, that you can do a lot of different things with by mixing and matching the two hair parts together. The combinations possible there are many.
Again, older games used to implement something similar and for a time, after that option was taken out, hair hacks' on SVR2006 for PS2 allowed for some of the most useful hairstyles for caws we ever had- no offence lol

So, that suggestion above is similar in a way to the old hair hacks, but in 3d, and actually on purpose 8-)
[/quote]

I know I said in another thread it's too early but unless 2011 has any of this, I'd support this for 2012.

I've found CAW to be my primary interest in playing the Smackdown games but have become rather disappointed with the progress this aspect of the series has made over the past 7 years or so.

I'm happy to see patterns returning and Stat Point Assigning supposedly fixed.

What I'd like to see going forward is as follows:

Refrain from removing moves.

Reintroduce moves that have been cut, specifically please bring back the various signature moves of Keiji Mutoh/The Great Muta which have been cut from the game year after year.

More variety in simple moves, in the past there were several different signature suplex moves bring those back. I'd be happy to see a nice quick Snap Suplex again, a Stalling Suplex, a Stalling Suplex coupled with slowly walking across the ring. Perhaps a Suplex into a Gutbuster wherein the character walks around with the opponent in that suplex for a moment.

If Stat Point Allocation truly has been fixed please don't ever break it again. The monotony that was trying to get a 50 character roster in 2010 was what led to me returning the game in only a few months time.

As other users have said make some templates for fat/skinny/short/old characters. You've made good progress having introduced Body Skins that didn't have six packs, now allow us to make a Yokozuna or a One Man Gang.

Please keep WWE Universe mode and expand on it, it sounds wonderful.

Thank you for your time.

[color="#800080"][size="6"]This is what the DIVAS FANS of CAWS.WS came together and agreed upon. THQ Please Read![/size][/color]

[color="#9932CC"][b]Divas in Most Match Types:[/b][/color]

- 6 Diva Matches. Divas in WWE participate in 6-Diva matches all the
time, It's only fair such should be available in the game. We know
there are technical errors with that but please do not over look this.
Try to find a solution for us!

- Divas should be able to partake in all matches (except First Blood
of coarse).

Some match examples include:
- 6 Diva Battle Royal
- Elimination Chamber
- 6-Diva Tag Team Match
- Diva Money in the Bank

- New Match Types such as:
- 6 Person Mixed Tag Match (sample below)
- 2 Superstars & 1 Diva vs 2 Superstars & 1 Diva
- 2 Divas & 1 Superstar vs 2 Divas & 1 Superstar

[color="#9932CC"][b]
Diva Smackdown vs RAW tips:[/b][/color]

-All Divas to wear WRESTLING attires. (If you want to add street
clothes, then please make them ALT attires and not a normal attire)
It's kinda annoying to wrestle in street clothes and not proper
wrestling attire. A lot of Diva fans were disappointed with the Bella
Twins not having Wrestling Attires, let alone "different ones" seeing
as they always dress alike. We want the game to be realistic when it
comes to the diva ring attires.

- NO Heels on In-Game Divas (This hasn't been a problem in the past
game but it was a problem of other previous games. It's awful having
divas wear heels, it just didn't look right for a wrestling game, let
alone they fight in heels, Not realistic)

- More Divas!!! (+ More Bad/Heel Divas) On SVR2011 for example there
are 11 total divas, excluding Layla as DLC -- 3 out of 11 of those
divas are Bad/Heel all the rest are good/face girls. We will like to
see other divas get added for the next year (to the ones already in
the game, please don't remove some divas to add other divas keep them
all, there aren't many anyways) Add Divas like Jillian, Rosa Mendes,
Tiffany, etc for next years game!)

- New Entrances for (Eve Torres, Kelly Kelly, Melina, ect)

- Diva Duo/Tag/Trio Entrances (We want more Diva/Diva entrances, Heel
Divas, Good Divas, 1 Good & 1 Bad, etc)

- Mixed Tag Entrances (Hart Dynasty w/Natayla, Mercury Nitro & Melina
[MNM], Test & Albert w/Trish Stratus [T&A], etc).

- Diva Alumni/Legends. If you include legends in the game, it's only
fair to include at least 2 diva legends in the game.

- Improve Manager actions (Have managers do more than stand around
like what they did on Legends of Wrestlemania)

- DLC Diva Attires or ALT attires for some Divas (Real outfits worn by
them, not seasonal costumes)

- Diva RTWM or at least allow Divas to take part of the CAS RTWM.

- Diva Royal Rumble - It doesn't have to be a big Royal Rumble, We can
use all the divas in the game. Or at least a 10 Diva Royal Rumble with
Royal Rumble Rules.

- Unified Womens Championship (The two diva championships will become
one at Night of Champions, however we will like the Womens & Divas
championships to still remain in the game, even if they are
unlock-ables)

- Diva Tag Titles (Purely a fantasy title like the Champion of
Champions title, it would give us more than just the Unified Women's
Championship to have)

- Melina screaming while doing her finisher. I think this could be possible :)

- Tag Finishers on the male opponent in mixed tag matches (since the
Diva doesn't get DQed for hitting the guy, why not?)

[b][color="#9932CC"]Motion Capture Moves:[/color][/b]

- Glam Slam (Beth Phoenix falls with the opponent, Please see more
than one video on how it's done so you don't happen to choose one that
was only used once & never seen again.)

- Stratusfaction / Springboard Bulldog (Front Grapple Finisher where
you grab your opponent in the middle of the ring, run to the ropes
(not the turnbuckle corner!), jump on the ropes and then hit the
bulldog) SEE TRISH STRATUS

- K2 (Kelly's Finisher where the Diva is laying on the ground on her
hands and knees, Kelly puts her leg on their backs and jumps into a
leg drop to the back of the head) SEE KELLY KELLY RAW MATCHES

- Matrix Move / MaTrish -- (Diva dodges a clothesline by bending
backwards in to a back bridge, then gets back up) SEE TRISH STRATUS or
MELINA

- Eve's Senton (If not already in the game, it's where the Eve runs to
the ropes for speed and then runs towards the opponent who is down on
the mat face up and hits a senton) SEE EVE TORRES

- A New Running Facebuster - (The one in the game is past it's prime,
it doesn't look right at all.) SEE MELINA FOR THE PERFECT EXAMPLE OF
WHAT WE WANT

- Cristo (It's a running move already in the game, it just needs to be
a struggle submission manuever)

- Gail Kim's New Moves,

Some examples include:

- Running Cross Body Block (Opponent lays on the corner as you run
towards them and do a cross body block, the opponent falls to the mat
and you on the apron)
Example: http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee54/kbcaddict/GK5.gif

- Missile Drop Kick (The move is available as a grapple but it should
also be available as a diving on standing opponent move)

- Shoulder Block Counter (Gail Kim does a move where she is on the
apron, the opponent tries to hit her with a shoulder block to the mid
section, Gail jumps up and opponent misses the shoulder block and Gail
lands on top of her opponent's back)
Example: http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee54/kbcaddict/GK6.gif

- Gail Kim's Running Lariat (a running jumping version of a running lariat)
Example: http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee54/kbcaddict/GK10.gif

- Melina's Corner Knee Drop (Melina places the opponent between the
middle ropes & jumps on top of her opponent with her knees, dropping
the opponent to the mat)

- Kelly's Delayed Head Scissors (Where Kelly Kelly preforms a head
scissors that rotates about 3 or 4 times before the opponent drops to
the mat)

- Michelle McCool's Big Boot -- SEE MICHELLE MCCOOL

- Discuss Clothesline (A clothesline in which the opponent spins
before hitting the clothesline) SEE NATALYA

and many more diva moves additions please :)

[b][color="#9932CC"]DIVA CREATE A SUPERSTAR[/color][/b]

1. Female CAW body model.
A common problem with this was that it was just downright bad. If you
look at the Diva CAW section this year there are a LOT less high rated
female caws than previous years. And that is mainly due to the overall
Caw model being so bad. It had this huge neck and the lower body was
just terrible. Shame on last years Caw model.

2. More body types for Caw models.
I believe last year we were Given 3 for the Divas and they all looked
terrible and unrealistic. I am not sure if it has been addressed in
2011, but I hope so.

3. More realistic choices for hair.
This can easily be achieved by just looking at some of the hairstyles
used by Female wrestlers today. Sounds simple enough. Two-toned hair
choices would also be a great addition to the mode since a large
amount of mainstream female wrestlers today use streaks of some type,
especially popular with heels.

4. More realistic choices for clothing.
The trend lately in womens wrestling seems to be those tiny shorts
like: Maryse, Rosa, Layla, Michelle, and Kelly wear. I feel a few more
pairs of these could go a long way when making realistic caws of your
favorite Divas who didn't make the game or are indie.
Another addition in clothing would be decent kickpads for divas. The
men got a thousand pairs of these last year and Divas got like two,
and they looked bad. And the last suggestion is adding in more
realistic tops. I can't tell you how many times I gave up on a caw
after running out of top choices. This always seems to happen
somewhere after my 6th or so caw. Very frustrating. And stop making
tights so darn high up on the waist! It's silly, nobody wears tights
like that anymore. lol

5. Boobie blur needs to die or at least be way smaller!
I shouldn't even have to explain why this is a problem. You don't want
people drawing penises and vaginas on crotches, fine. But I can never
put a decent logo on a T-shirt without it being 75% blurred out. I
will see if this has been addressed in 2012, but until then. *Shakes
fist*

-More older moves reintroduced (the other three Shining Wizards, the diamond Dust, pre "reanimated" versions of moves) for variety

-The ability to set two costumes as "heel" and two as "face" on a CAW, and have different entrances and hairstyles between outfits (set hair as a selectable layer, like clothing)

-chain submissions (the ability to turn a triangle choke into an armbar, or an ankle lock into a heel hook, if your superstar has a high enough submission rating, forcing the opponent to escape twice if you transition before they escape the first hold)

-submission pins (key lock, so they strain their shoulder to fight the pin, or lay back and get pinned to relieve the submission)

-More "hot spots" for environmental interaction

-roaming hardcore matches, and the return of the scaffold area at ringside

-Managers enter as the stable entrance, rather than the "teleporting cheerleader" effect

-belts can be vacated; older versions of belts selectable (change undisputed belt for spinner, eagle, or smoking skull; nWo version of World Title, so on...)

-Crawling to the ropes to break submissions rather than just escaping of the guy letting go

-selectable animations for abilities like "kip up" (zombie sit-up, actual kip-up, "Hulk" up, Warrior spasm...)

-selectable winning taunts/after match attacks (especially for Universe)

-Draft in Universe

Shane Douglas/Warrior's boots

[img]http://i1.iofferphoto.com/img/item/830/596/81/Lzvm5ujDdLDR2bi.jpg[/img]

[img]http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/992/992766/wwe-raw-20090615033252989.jpg[/img]

-Terry Funk's moonsault. It's like the Bamsault but it's slowed down and there's more of a aerial aspect to it.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNYnAk-CAJw[/media]

Better singlets that fit around people's body entirely.

I will be adding multiple Ideas in different posts over the next few days as I think of them.

[b]Complete Ring Announcing[/b]
I think a good addition for created wrestlers/Divas is more a detailed call name system.
I think names like:

[list]

[*]Rachel
[*]Ashley
[*]John
[*]Joseph ect.
[/list]
With the current nicknames like "The Phenom" should announced along with the regular names, and possibly last names so you would get a more realistic announcing system.

"The Phenom Jimmy James"

"Mark The Gatekeeper Jones"

Sort of like what they do in the UFC games.

[b]
Character Tendencies
[/b]
A system people have probably heard me talk about before is the character tendencies system. If you guys remember back in some of the older games when you create a Superstar/Diva, you would be asked questions that pertain to the created characters set ring-style for the AI to use when using them.

[b]Example[/b]

[u]Irish Whip[/u]: Rarely/Sometimes/Often
[u]Top Rope[/u]: Rarely/Sometimes/Often
[u]Running moves[/u]: Rarely/Sometimes/Often
[u]Submissions[/u]: Rarely/Sometimes/Often
[u]Taunt[/u]: Rarely/Sometimes/Often
[u]Ring Escape[/u]: Rarely/Sometimes/Often
[u]Power move[/u]: Rarely/Sometimes/Often
[u]Strikes[/u]: Rarely/Sometimes/Often
ect.

I feel if implemented fully this system could possibly solve a plethora of problems such as characters behaving like themselves.

[b]Example/[/b]

Randy Orton doing 1000 headlocks(lol)
Chris Jericho taunting every other move(Fist raise motion)
Daniel Bryan going for submissions often
ect.

I think this was a great system that should be cleaned up and reintroduced to the series.

Archived