* Javier Mendez
* Bob Cook
* Dave Camarillo
* Teddy Lucio
* Daniel Cormier

[b][size="4"]Fighters[/size][/b]

(In order in which they were picked)

[b]* Team GSP[/b]
Michael Johnson, Jonathan Brookins, Spencer Paige, Alex Caceres, Kyle Watson, Cody McKenzie, Dane Sayers

[b]* Team Koscheck[/b]
Marc Stevens, Sevak Magakian, Sako Chivitchian, Andy Main, Nam Phan, Aaron Wilkinson, Jeff Lentz
[b]
* Fight results[/b]
Alex Caceres defeated Jeff Lentz via submission (triangle choke) at 2:27 of round 2.

Michael Johnson defeated Aaron Wilkinson via submission (rear naked choke) at 0:37 of round 3.

Kyle Watson defeated Andy Maine via submisson (rear naked choke) in round 2.

Nam Phan defeated Spencer Paige by Unanimous Decision after 2 rounds.

Cody McKenzie defeated Marc Stevens via technical submission (guillotine choke) at 0:17 of round 1.

Jonathan Brookins defeated Sevak Magakian via submission (rear naked choke) at 2:04 of round 1.

Sako Chivitchian defeated Dane Sayers via unanimous decision (20–18, 20–18, 20-18) after two rounds.

[b]Wildcards:[/b] Aaron Wilkinson and Marc Stevens.

[b]Wild Card Fight:[/b] Aaron Wilkinson defeated Marc Stevens via submission (guillotine choke) at 0:47 of round 2.

[u][b]Quarter Final Fights:[/b][/u]
Nam Phan vs. Cody McKenzie
Sako Chivitchian vs. Jonathan Brookins
Kyle Watson vs. Aaron Wilkinson
Michael Johnson vs. Alex Caceres

[u][b]Quarter Finals Results:[/b][/u]
Jonathan Brookins defeated Sako Chivitchian via submission (Rear Naked Choke) in round 1
Nam Phan defeated Cody McKenzie via KO (Body Shot) in round 2
Kyle Watson defeated Aaron Wilkinson via submission (rear naked choke) in round 1.
Michael Johnson defeated Alex Caceres via unanimous decision (20-18, 20-18, 20-18) after two rounds.

[b][u]Semi-Final Fights:[/u][/b]
Jonathan Brookins vs Kyle Watson
Michael Johnson vs Nam Phan

[b]* Fighters eliminated before entry round[/b]

* JJ Ambrose, Paul Barrow, Jason Brenton, Mike Budnik, Joseph Duffy, Pablo Garza, Toby Grear, Daniel Head, Amir Khillah, Steve Magdaleno, T.J. O'Brien, Michael Richman, Ariel Sexton, Ran Weather

Post your thoughts on The Ultimate Fighter.[/center]

After watching the 1st episode, i think this season will be electric. The preliminary fights were great as usual, and after seeing the teasers of what is to come this season, should be explosive. Cant wait to see this season go on, GSP and Koscheck will make it must watch TV.

Cody McKenzie might be my favorite just because of the way he ended the fight, just letting the hold go and going "Hes asleep". I was 100% surprised that Dane Sayers won too, especially by submission considering he was blown up midway through round one.

This season looks awesome, i think i saw Mike Tyson and Koscheck trying to choke out the Miller High Life guy? I got to buy me a Koscheck jersey.

Well, no matter what I am going to support Spencer Paige. I'm going to stay loyal to him, because he trains my two sons at this school he owns, CNYMMA. Marc Stevens is our opposition, but I give him credit for having the knockout of the night. They are both from Watertown, NY, but as I said I support Spencer for being a personal trainer to my children. I really don't know how long he lasts considering his jaw ends up broken, as well as his hands. Regardless, even if he doesn't make it all the way through for that simple fact, I don't think it will be the last we see of him in or around the UFC.

My predictions for this season of The Ultimate Fighter is that Cody McKenzie or Nam Phan wins it. Cody McKenzie because this kid has some sick guillotine chokes(11 - 0 - 0) and Nam Phan(16 - 7 - 0) because he has alot more experience then all the other fighters. I think he started fighting back in 2001. So id say hes the veteran of the fighter cast.

I think it's to early to make a prediction, as in past years it's hard to tell who will be the best simply from the prelim fight. If I had to guess though, I think Cody McKenzie, Michael Johnson, Spencer Paige, Marc Stevens, and Alex "Bruce LeRoy" Careces simply because they all stood out to me.

It's gonna be awesome watching Jon Fitch next week, he's got such a high MMA IQ. I also found it funny when Kos was making fun of GSP, Fitch just stood there with a funny look on his face.

Still not sure who will win this season. Hopefully not Bruce LeRoy or the Angry Armenian. Both those guys piss me off

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='The Notorious LBX' timestamp='1287199819' post='7645283']
What was the point of that guy anyway? He was trashed and just beating the shit out of everyone. I don't think he taught him a thing.
[/quote]
Spencer has told me, and a few others, and he lightly touches on it in the Aftermath that the guy had taught them a lot. Just because the show doesn't show you everything doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Total Domination.

That's the word to sum up this season. GSP has dominated Koscheck in every possible way. Josh's top guy gets choked out in 17 seconds. 17! Seventeen! I predict GSP to have all the semi-final spots for just his guys.

Really shows you how "hard work pays off". I've started questioning Josh as a trainer while GSP has shown that his strategy and his fighters are really supreme.

Josh's best guy is Nam Phan, bar none, and I believe Nam's the best striker on the show if he let's his hand and feet go like he did in his prelim fight. He's the only guy on Team Kos who's won...so that should speak for itself. I'd just like to see how he fairs on the ground, because standing up he's probably the purest martial artist on the show. I wonder why GSP didn't pick him...if he wanted "Martial artists" on his team and not just fighters, he passed up on the most obvious martial artist in the group. Give this guy a better trainer than Koscheck and he could be a real problem.

The wild card was bullshit. Dane deserved it way more than Marc Stevens. Plus, the fightshould have gone to a third round. Dane won the first round and Sako should have had a point taken away for grabbing the fence. This was an episode of horrible decisions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived