Does anyone feel the same?

Jack The Ripper

Is it me, or does this game seem, too... erm, Try-Hard? I personally think it's going to end up in the pre-owned rack in a video games store. It seems too unrealistic, I think it's going to be something like that "Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 - Amazing new game from WWE and THQ. And the other one, WWE Something Stars? Is it?" It's the LOWM to SvR 2009 (Or 2010, which ever you choose) A side game for people to own just because it's a WWE Game.

Sadly, I have an eye for authenticity. So, I'm more drawn to SvR 2011. The game style and characters in WWE All Stars look too cartoony for my liking. Making superstars like John Cena look like they've never left the gym. Yes, I know they're supposed to be unrealistic. But this is my opinion; feel free to voice your own below.

Although, I do very much like the idea of legends and current superstars battling off for dominance. But, in LOWM you could import the superstars from 2009. Legends Vs The 2009 Roster. So it's not really anything new. To me this spoils the concept of the All Stars game.

So, to finish. I will be buying this game, because it's a WWE Game.

This topic was posted after images and small video clips were released - Not much coverage on the game. (If my opinion changes, I'll re-do this topic)

Cheers!

Yeah You Know What I Feel The same way. I Think It's a Step back from the technology that we have now. We shouldn't be trying to bring games like Tekken, street Fighter etc. etc. into wrestling. I Love creating my own characters, and I have a very very terrible feeling about CAW mode for this game. I too See this game a "Pre-Owned Rack Game". I Just think that this game will be a huge let down to WWE Gamers. And A Huge waste of money on THQ's Part. But On The Bright side I do like the idea of bringing in Past Wrestlers to face off against Todays wrestlers, Thats why I liked Legends Of Wrestlemania.

Well, back in the day all you really had was unrealistic games like these. Like Wrestlemania the arcade game. That's why it's being labeled as a throw back because it goes back to the days where wrestling games didn't have the realism.

In a nutshell, I guess you either hate it or you love it. I personally am liking this game right now. Unless theres some huge flaw in the game, I'm going to be getting it.

[quote name='God's Son' date='21 July 2010 - 05:45 AM' timestamp='1279687523' post='7426931']
Well, back in the day all you really had was unrealistic games like these. Like Wrestlemania the arcade game. That's why it's being labeled as a throw back because it goes back to the days where wrestling games didn't have the realism.

In a nutshell, I guess you either hate it or you love it. I personally am liking this game right now. Unless theres some huge flaw in the game, I'm going to be getting it.
[/quote]

I must say, I do agree with you there.

Uhh. Got to agree with God's Son. There is a market for this game. And it is very much a throwback. Look at In Your House and Wrestlemania T.A.G. from back in the day. I remember those games being fun when I was younger. It was the days of companies jumping on the success of NBA Jam. Will I be getting this game? No. Atleast not at launch. I might pick it up if it goes down to $20.. maybe. And for you guys that say this game looks stupid and unrealistic... have you played SVR online? Most people just spam and glitch and rub batteries on their controllers. They treat it like a fighting game like a Tekken or Street Fighter and not a wrestling game. Which is probably why they created All Stars to begin with. The people who complain about All-Stars while playing SVR like Street Fighter... you guys are the audience they are targeting as well as the kids! Here is hoping more of them start playing All Stars instead. I'm growing tired of seeing 10 hit slow motion finishers... btw, those only do 1 hit damage now so just stop. It only gives me the chance to get ready to kick out.

i dont think this is a game they expect to get big money off of. it's win/win for them in a way. we know gets gonna sell something so they get extra money to got alone wth svr's sale and it couldnt have took long to make this game so it wont be a big deal if it doesnt sale big

[quote name='†Krucifix†' timestamp='1280464020' post='7444876']
i dont think this is a game they expect to get big money off of. it's win/win for them in a way. we know gets gonna sell something so they get extra money to got alone wth svr's sale and it couldnt have took long to make this game so it wont be a big deal if it doesnt sale big
[/quote]

Ehh. What? First off, creating a video game isn't an overnight thing. It's a long and hellacious process which you [i]have[/i] to willingly spend time and energy on if you want it to succeed; Especially in todays market where standards for video games are incredibly high and if it ain't good, and you don't have a strong fan base, it will be destined to fail.

And about not being a "big deal" if it flops? You cannot be more wrong. Along with time and energy comes money. Which actually comes before the time and energy because you need the tools to build the game to begin with. If a game takes more money to make than it sells, there will be no profit. With no profit theres nothing. Of course this game will probably sell big time with the WWE label, this applies more to other video games without a specific fan base.

[quote name='Master Chief' timestamp='1280614503' post='7448107']
I feel the same way to I wont buy it, o at least till it comes down to a low low price. it a 4 year olds game it sucks,unrelistic,cartoony, and I'd rather watch paint dry. I'm buying SVR 2011 thank you very much
[/quote]
You're a dumbass. Instead of buying a "retro" game with fun arcade-style controls, you would buy a crappy, mediocore game such as the new SvR.

All-Stars > SvR 2011

Oh, and is this game really going to be 60 bucks? I would imagine that it would be a $30 game.

Why are thq such assholes? We WANT a god damn freaking wrestling game with legends. Are they that stupid they didnt learn a thing with LOWM? Give us sd controls . If THQ pulled this shit with the sd series their would be so much anger with fans annoyed at street fighter type wwe game so why is it old school fans have to suffer. They ruined legends the other year by the control system and a bad roster and no match types and now we get a street fighter game and that again will get bad sales. THQ just doesnt care and certenly doesnt listen to what the fans want. Fans are demanding a legend game similar to sd vs raw layout but they wont listen why?????

[quote name='Master Chief' timestamp='1280621650' post='7448310']
^I'm not buying all stars for 60$ and it's going to be 60$ all xbox 360 games cost 60$
[/quote]
YOU. DO. NOT. KNOW. THAT.

I doubt you bought every 360 game ever made, so how do you know they all cost 60 bucks?

[b][u]EVEN Halo 3 odst cost 60$ and it only lasted about 3 hours[/u][/b] so get it through your :censored: head this game is bad and only cool thing is the graphics.and this.

Why are thq such assholes? We WANT a god damn freaking wrestling game with legends. Are they that stupid they didnt learn a thing with LOWM? Give us sd controls . If THQ pulled this shit with the sd series their would be so much anger with fans annoyed at street fighter type wwe game so why is it old school fans have to suffer. They ruined legends the other year by the control system and a bad roster and no match types and now we get a street fighter game and that again will get bad sales. THQ just doesnt care and certenly doesnt listen to what the fans want. Fans are demanding a legend game similar to sd vs raw layout but they wont listen why?????

you sir are 100% right

[quote name='Master Chief' timestamp='1280675047' post='7449456']
[b][u]EVEN Halo 3 odst cost 60$ and it only lasted about 3 hours[/u][/b] so get it through your :censored: head this game is bad and only cool thing is the graphics.and this.

you sir are 100% right
[/quote]
Wow you're an asshole, so because 1 game costs 60 dollars and it wasn't long enough for you, all games cost 60 dollars? You have hardly seen anything of the game. Not every game needs the same controls. Grow up.

you sir are 100% right
[/quote]
You're a dumbass. Halo is a HUGE franchise with great games. Of course, Microsoft is going to milk an expansion. SvR is a wrestling franchise with mediocore games.

How do you know this game is bad? May I please borrow your *censored*ing crystal ball? Fans aren't demanding a Legends game. Fans are demanding a good wrestling game, something the SvR franchise has never done.

[quote name='.radom' timestamp='1280681436' post='7449680']

you sir are 100% right
[/quote]
You're a dumbass. Halo is a HUGE franchise with great games. Of course, Microsoft is going to milk an expansion. SvR is a wrestling franchise with mediocore games.

How do you know this game is bad? May I please borrow your *censored*ing crystal ball? Fans aren't demanding a Legends game. Fans are demanding a good wrestling game, something the SvR franchise has never done.
[/quote]
I agree to an extent. While I think SvR are good games, there's no way of saying All Stars will be bad. If the production keeps going like this, and the gameplay is what we've seen so far + more modes, it'll be at least a mediocre game. So Master Chief, STFU before criticizing something that you haven't even played.

[quote name='Vegeta-Nick' timestamp='1280682442' post='7449723']
[quote name='.radom' timestamp='1280681436' post='7449680']

you sir are 100% right
[/quote]

[/quote]
I agree to an extent. While I think SvR are good games, there's no way of saying All Stars will be bad. If the production keeps going like this, and the gameplay is what we've seen so far + more modes, it'll be at least a mediocre game. So Master Chief, STFU before criticizing something that you haven't even played.
[/quote]
I always thought the SvR games weren't bad, but they weren't good, either. The only game from the SvR franchise that was good was SvR 2010, because it had the Story Designer mode. Also, what happened to the GM mode? I loved that mode in SvR 2007 and 2008.

To stay on-topic, the reason I think All-Stars looks awesome is because it reminds me of the days when I would play the old wrestling arcade games like this:
[url="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/dc/Wwf_royal_rumble_screenshot.jpg"][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/dc/Wwf_royal_rumble_screenshot.jpg[/img][/url]

That shit was fun.

Archived