So who else isn't hyped about All Stars?

Sacrilegium

I don't want to be "that guy," but I gotta say it. I'm not really looking forward to All Stars. It's a halfway amusing concept that would probably be a fun rental, but I can't see spending $60 on it.

I'm curious to see what other Legends are in it, though.

Yeah i'm the same way too. I don't think its worth my $60. I am someone who Likes customization Like customizing Entrances. And seeing as entrances are going to be a short scene, I won't be buying it. And weapons might not be as great as the SVR 11. And I love creating my own wrestlers, Thats why once the news came out about the improvements to CAW mode in 2010 came out, I freaking lost it, and I Still love it to this day. But I have low expectations for CAW mode, Seeing as All-Stars is using the same people that worked on TNA Impact, (I Know It's way WAY too soon to tell but here it goes) most likely paint tool & Alt. Attires for CAWs won't make it in. If They do have the Paint tool, and/Or Alt. Attires for Caws, and what ever improvements to CAW Mode in 2011 and more, Then I Might think about renting it. Another thing that Bugs me about this game, is how exaggerated the superstars look. And moves (like the way they pull them off in the demos) should stay in other fighting games, not wrestling games. I liked LOW mainly because they were not all exaggerated. there were some that were a bit much but I can deal with that.

The Only reason I look for the All-Stars news, is because I Am Curious to see who would make it Too. And If they Will Change my mind.

i think i have a good answer to this... WWE All Stars will make a decent game for my PSP Go so I am glad it's being made. SVR on PSP is nothing more than an even more limited port of the series. And as fun as it is isn't worth the 30 or 40 dollars. At least if i waste the money on my psp for a wrestling game I can have a completely different style of game. other than that not hyped just want that on my psp go.

Back in the late 90's/early 2000's, I much preferred AKI's WM 2000/No Mercy over Yuke's Smackdown games. Why THQ stopped using AKI and started using Yukes exclusively, I don't know. But I hated it. The Smackdown games on PlayStation were too arcade-like compared to the AKI N64 games.

Legends of WM was announced, and I was extremely excited. But then I played it, and it was even more arcade-like than the SvR games!

And now, just when you think THQ/Yukes can't possibly think it's a good idea to release another arcade-like game, they announced this pile of crap that's even more arcade-like than LoWM.

I don't get THQ's thinking. There maybe a market for a game like this. But that market is younger kids. People in their 20's like myself are not gonna want this game. So if you're making a game like this for younger audiences, why put older wrestlers in there? Kids today are probably too young to remember the Rock, let alone any older legend who might be in the game.

They should just make this game with the current roster for the younger fans, release SvR for the current fans, and then release a real legends game with simulation controls for the older fans.

I'm not hyped but only because I got other stuff taking my attention (you know, real life) plus honestly, I've kinda learned to stay away from hype and go on gut feeling with games now. Sorta like, the only games I've got excited for this year are Danbte's Inferno, Super Mario Galaxy 2 and the new SD vs Raw game while the hype's been on stuff like Red Dead Redemption that I just don't like the look of. Way I see it, Legends of Wrestlemania was a cool concept that just got killed by a lot of people here who clearly had only started with wrestling games when the SD series was first released or later and pretty much killed the possibility of anyone being able to enjoy similar games like All Stars seems to be.

[quote name='WWE WrestleFest' date='21 June 2010 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1277135775' post='7364169']

I don't get THQ's thinking. There maybe a market for a game like this. But that market is younger kids. People in their 20's like myself are not gonna want this game. So if you're making a game like this for younger audiences, why put older wrestlers in there? Kids today are probably too young to remember the Rock, let alone any older legend who might be in the game.

They should just make this game with the current roster for the younger fans, release SvR for the current fans, and then release a real legends game with simulation controls for the older fans.
[/quote]

I'm with this, I don't understand THQ's logic. Not a fan of the OTT appearance of the models either or giving someone a rock bottom while 50 foot in the air. I would like a realistic legends game.

[quote name='sabasimba' date='21 June 2010 - 08:46 PM' timestamp='1277149586' post='7364703']
[quote name='WWE WrestleFest' date='21 June 2010 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1277135775' post='7364169']

[/quote]

I'm with this, I don't understand THQ's logic. Not a fan of the OTT appearance of the models either or giving someone a rock bottom while 50 foot in the air. I want a realistic legends game.
[/quote]

From the little info I've read, it's not a legends title, it just happens to have legends in it amongst the current roster.

Plus LoWM was great and a sort of homage to the old games in the 80s and early 90s where the wrestlers were larger than life and as kids we thought guys like Hogan and Andre were giants. Remember, back then the actions figures weren't exactly realistic either.

All Stars.....why would we want realism with it? We have our realistic wrestling sim in the SD vs Raw series. Do football fans complain when they get the realism of Fifa 09, 10 etc and the arcadey Fifa Street? No, they enjoy it for being another football game to buy and test their skills on so why is it that wrestling fans have to want one thing and then when they get it in spades, they complain and say they don't want it?

It shows how some fans of wrestling games are as shallow and fickle as some fans of wrestling are too.

[quote name='Dazz' date='21 June 2010 - 01:18 PM' timestamp='1277151497' post='7364792']
[quote name='sabasimba' date='21 June 2010 - 08:46 PM' timestamp='1277149586' post='7364703']

[/quote]

I'm with this, I don't understand THQ's logic. Not a fan of the OTT appearance of the models either or giving someone a rock bottom while 50 foot in the air. I want a realistic legends game.
[/quote]

From the little info I've read, it's not a legends title, it just happens to have legends in it amongst the current roster.

Plus LoWM was great and a sort of homage to the old games in the 80s and early 90s where the wrestlers were larger than life and as kids we thought guys like Hogan and Andre were giants. Remember, back then the actions figures weren't exactly realistic either.

All Stars.....why would we want realism with it? We have our realistic wrestling sim in the SD vs Raw series. Do football fans complain when they get the realism of Fifa 09, 10 etc and the arcadey Fifa Street? No, they enjoy it for being another football game to buy and test their skills on so why is it that wrestling fans have to want one thing and then when they get it in spades, they complain and say they don't want it?

It shows how some fans of wrestling games are as shallow and fickle as some fans of wrestling are too.
[/quote]

I Don't know about others, but for me, I think (And this is my thought) that these new over the top characters are a step back compared to the animation nowadays. I Don't Mind the Animation on the moves, but the characters are just too much. I Wouldn't mind if they were a bit bigger compared to their real life counterparts. This is my opinion.

Archived