Pokémon

PewPewPew

So, anyone actually got the revist to Johto on DS? I mean I did, and that's because it was Johto (and the fact I owned Pokemon Crystal back when I was 6/7). My opinion of the game right now is that it looks totally different from the other fourth generation games -- its more improved in my opinion.

I'm getting into the game slowly, like I've always had and getting ready to lose some of my life for the past few months (to the point where I'll havbe to hide it somewhere so I can study for GCSE's). Anyone on here got it, or am I the only one?

[quote name='The00Raven00Effect' date='30 March 2010 - 05:25 PM' timestamp='1269966342' post='7186114']
My little brother beat the Japanese version of it with the help of me and online guides long ago :hqhq:. It was alright, but it just doesn't feel the same as it did when I was a kid.
[/quote]

I think natures actually ruin the game a little bit. Cancels out the nostalgia sadly enough and thats why it kinda doesn't feel the same when you pick your own Pokemon, because you'll be weak in one area.

[b][font="Comic Sans MS"][size="3"][color="#ff00ff"]I got it the day it came out in America,and I havent been playing hardcore everyday like I usually do bti I think it's awesome!! I LOVE having my partner pokemon follow me around everywhere. I sent in my Eevee as soon as I could and now I have my beautiful Espeon. Just got to Johto Victory Road.[/color][/size][/font][/b]

[quote name='DoomBunny777' date='31 March 2010 - 06:22 PM' timestamp='1270074157' post='7189882']
[b][font="Comic Sans MS"][size="3"][color="#ff00ff"]I got it the day it came out in America,and I havent been playing hardcore everyday like I usually do bti I think it's awesome!! I LOVE having my partner pokemon follow me around everywhere. I sent in my Eevee as soon as I could and now I have my beautiful Espeon. Just got to Johto Victory Road.[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[/quote]

same as this but except Eevee it was a Haunter And im around gym 7

I love this game. Right now I'm training a little for Mahogany Gym. Current team:

Feraligatr - Level 30
- Rock Tomb
- Crunch
- Surf
- Ice Fang

Noctowl - Level 29
- Confusion
- Uproar
- Fly
- Hypnosis

Growlithe - Level 29
- Fire Fang
- Leer
- Reversal
- Flame Wheel

Sandslash - Level 30
- Cut
- Crush Claw
- Rollout
- Poison Sting

Ampharos - Level 30
- Strength
- Headbutt
- ThunderPunch
- Thunder Wave

Espeon - Level 29
- Tackle
- Quick Attack
- Swift
- Growl

Well, I'm assuming I beat this game the fastest. Considering I'm catching the late game legendaries XD. Me and a few buddies who had it had a race. I finished last because it took me a week and a half.

Game spoiler
[spoiler]I beat Red in Mt.Silver with an extremely under leveled team where his lowest was his lvl.80 Lapras and my Highest was my lvl.62 Typhlosion it was pretty epic[/spoiler]

I really want this game but i don't own a DS. The original gold, sliver and crystal are my favorite Pokemon games in the whole Pokemon series. I remember in the original gold version i would spend hours doing the cloning glitch just to get more master balls.

@Lise
You get evolutionary stones by coming first in the bug contests, its simple just save before enterting and catch basically any pokemon with full health, just keep throwing balls and your bound to get it, and you get a stone for winning but its random hence the need to save before enterting, took me forever to get a dusk stone lol.
Otherways is to use rock smash, its rare but worth a shot and when getting to cerulean city show Bills grandfather the pokemon he wants to see eventually you get a fire stone, so few choices but soft resetting bug contest till you get what you want is the way to go.

I love this game. As I do with all pokemon games, Im making a online/competitive battling team EV's and all. Current have

Meganium lvl 57
Petal Dance
Light Screen
Reflect
Synthesis

Magmar lvl 56
Faint Attack
Confuse Ray
Fire Punch
Flamethrower

Mamoswine lvl 53
Endue
Earthquake
Ice Shard

Honchkrow lvl 35
Astonish
Assurance
Haze
Fly

Elekid lvl 8
Quick Attack
Leer
Thundershock
Fire Punch

Seadra lvl 36
Leer
Surf
Twister
Agility

[quote name='xLise.♥' date='01 April 2010 - 01:09 AM' timestamp='1270098543' post='7190757']
[left]Does anyone know how to get a fire stone? I need it for my Growlithe. Also, I have a wireless modem but it won't let me go online on my DS. I wanna trade. .__.
[/left]
[/quote]
[b][font="Comic Sans MS"][size="3"][color="#ff00ff"]Theres a kid you battle on Route 36 give him ur # and he'll call you eventaully with a fire stone.

Oh and I'm the pokemon league champion!!![/color][/size][/font][/b]

[quote name='Muur' date='31 March 2010 - 06:03 PM' timestamp='1270051439' post='7188866']
[quote name='Jiggy Djezus' date='30 March 2010 - 07:53 PM' timestamp='1269975209' post='7186428']
I got it, but they implanted some stupid anti-piracy shit.. So i can't play the game for over 5 minutes before my screen goes black. I shouldn't complain, because i didn't bought it [even though it got delayed here], but still.. If it didn't cost around 40 euro's for a freaking DS game, maybe then i wouldn't download everything...
[/quote]

So it would be pointless getting it for my r4 card then?
[/quote]
Maybe. I got a patched version though which seems to be working. Anyway, i'm doing the [for me] classical routine.
Pick a Chikorita, catch a Caterpie, evolve into Butterfree and carry on from there.

[quote name='Luke Havok' date='01 April 2010 - 04:25 AM' timestamp='1270110359' post='7190883']
^
Was Beautifly as useful as you hoped?

lol I was stoked I single handedly beat Lance with nothing but Ice Shard [img]http://caws.ws/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif[/img]
[/quote]
[b][font="Comic Sans MS"][size="3"][color="#ff00ff"]Yea Beautifly was very helpful!! But Espeon and and Umbreaon were the biggest help to me. Also beating lance with an epic blizzard as the finshing move was so satisfying lol.[/color][/size][/font][/b]

I've been playing the game through like normal, unlike my friends who are 'nature' whores and will catch the same Pokemon over and over again to get the natures, anyway here's my roster (I'm fighting Team Rocket in the Goldenrod Underground):

Typhlosion (Lv. 36)
-Swift
-Lava Plume
-Flame Wheel
-Ember

Pidgeotto (Lv. 31):
-Fly
-Twister
-Gust
-Quick Attack

Lapras (Lv. 22)
-Surf
-Ice Shard
-Water Pulse
-Body Slam

Ampharos (Lv. 35)
-Tackle
-ThuderPunch
-ThunderShock
-Discharge

Gyarados (the red one :D) (Lv. 32):
-Bite
-Dragon Rage
-Ice Fang
-Twister

Togepi (Lv. 13):
-Rock Smash
-Sweet Kiss
-Extrasensory
-Metronome

All in allm, my roster is very well-rounded and I look forward to Kanto and of course the Pokemon League :D BTW, you catch Lapras in Union Cave on Fridays (I somehow remembered that from Crystal). If I manage to get hold of another DS, I'll be able to trade over my Dragonair and the other starters from Johto from Diamond.

[quote name='Jiggy Djezus' date='30 March 2010 - 01:53 PM' timestamp='1269975209' post='7186428']
I got it, but they implanted some stupid anti-piracy shit.. So i can't play the game for over 5 minutes before my screen goes black. I shouldn't complain, because i didn't bought it [even though it got delayed here], but still.. If it didn't cost around 40 euro's for a freaking DS game, maybe then i wouldn't download everything...
[/quote]Theres a cheat for that, it's all over google. Just type "pokemon heart gold black screen" and you'll get a fix.

After that you're going to have to save every like 10-20 mins cause the game crashes a LOT.

I decided to start off with all three starters (star with Totodile, egged the other two on Platinum and then traded them over and hatched them on SoulSilver, so they'd obey me).

Already have the 16 badges, and to be honest I can't be stuffed doing much more. I'm making a team at the moment, currently training my Pupitar. But I'm not going to EV them this time, simply because I don't want to waste time making a good team when I'll use it online a couple of times. So yeah currently making a Tyranitar and an Infernape for my team.

The Safari Zone is a really good inclusion I thought. I was pretty dissapointed that the original games didn't have a Safari Zone, it's definitely fun to explore when you've got nothing else to do in the game. Ilike the music for the Safari Zone, the game in all has great, nostalgic music. GB Player is definitely the best item in a Pokemon game, I'm frequently switching tracks walking through cities.

Haven't attempted to face Red yet, I just can't be assed going through using 50 revives and 50 hyper potions. I have better things to do, like the E4 over and over again :P.

Archived