American History X

[img]http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/4195/historyx1da5.jpg[/img]

^^^ His charcacter was really interesting and made the movie.

[img]http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3649/revahx225025.jpg[/img]

It's pretty good, the ending is sad it took me by surprise and it kind of crushed everything but I do like the story and it makes you think which is what I like in a movie.

I also want to curbstomp somebody one day.

The ending is self defeating, the entire movie there is these white guys that hate other races. Then near the end of the movie they see that theres nothing wrong with them they are just people thats when the ending happens and the audience now hates black people. You know your thinking it, I'm just the only one that will say it.

Now. Instead of all the monotome "awesome movie" replies. How about something a little more in-depth? ;)

What do you make of the end? Like CONAN O'BRIEN said above, the end is in a sense; self-defeating.

On a different note there is one scene or rather, one line in this movie that is so powerful and insightful. I think it had some impact on my life when I saw it.
After Derek has been raped and is talking to Sweeney, Sweeney asks: "Has anything you've done so far helped improve your life for the better?". It is sooo... on-point. And a good question for anybody feeling that kind of hatred towards everything.

Well I first saw this movie in 06 and my mom and dad were watching it I walked in on him talking to his moms boyfriend at the dinner table. And then in 08 my fried was talking about it while we were hanging out. So he brought it over. I watched it and I was moved. I realized that it isn't just a plot of a movie and that shit like that really happens.

The strongest part in the movie to me is when they break into the grocery store and he throws the cash register through the window.

[quote name='Conan O'Brien' date='23 March 2010 - 10:48 PM' timestamp='1269398919' post='7171162']
The ending is self defeating, the entire movie there is these white guys that hate other races. Then near the end of the movie they see that theres nothing wrong with them they are just people thats when the ending happens and the audience now hates black people. You know your thinking it, I'm just the only one that will say it.
[/quote]
The ending is to show what racism does to people and how hate fuels hate to the other side. In that sense, it's saying that what we do wrong will come to bite us in the ass later.

[quote name='Ollie The Magic Bum' date='24 March 2010 - 06:07 PM' timestamp='1269479250' post='7172677']
[img]http://dneiwert.blogspot.com/StompIllegalAliens.gif[/img]
[/quote]

There you go, found a motion one.

Archived