Shows with 2 separate parts

Do you download shows with 2 separate parts?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you download shows with 2 separate parts?

• Absolutely!! I love WWESU!
    • Yes, but only if the shows don't get TOO long and as long as the quality of writing remains top notch
    • No, I probably wouldn't download it if it were broken down into parts
    • Maybe once or twice, and if the shows were good, I'd continue
    • WWESU is so good I'd download it if it were in 6 parts

My writing partners and I have one of the longest running, well thought out (and dare I say) most successful episodic shows on XBOX 360... the WWE Shared Universe (complete with its own website at www.WWESU.com).

We have big things planned for after WrestleMania, so big that it may require us to break the show down into separate parts. For example: ECW would have a part one, then to continue the same event, you'd have to download part two as well. What this is allow us more flexibility with created wrestlers. The 10 CAS limit really slows things down and prevents us from doing everything we'd like to do, but if the show were broken down into parts, well, now we have 20 slots to work with, and thats enough to serve our purpose.

WWESU has a pretty good following in my opinion; people have come to expect quality shows from us, and none of our shows (Raw or ECW) is rated lower than four and always gets excellent reviews. I'm hoping that the fanbase is strong enough to support two part shows. Each part would roughly be 15 scenes each, for a total of 30. Right now, the average ECW show runs about 35 scenes and 60 - 75 minutes total playing time.

Here are the pros of multi-part shows
1. 10 CAS limit is null.
2. Allows for more flexibility with cut scenes
3. Once downloaded, it is easier to navigate through. I have gotten emails and messages on XBL from people who say sometimes the shows feel too long, so if it were broken down into 2 parts, you could always download them both. Play the first one, then come back to the second part later.
4. Increases the ratings for the shows overall. 95% of our shows get 5 stars, but now with two parts, its as though TWICE as many shows will receive that rating.

So the question becomes (and I'm hoping to hear from people who have downloaded not only ECW, but Raw faithfully every week since we started this in December 09) if the shows were broken down into 2 parts, is the quality of show (writing, story and presentation) worth you being willing to download both parts?

I don't think that's what he means by parts. I think he means to have one single episode broken up into two separate parts. Like Jan. 4th Raw part 1 and Jan. 4th Raw part 2. Correct me if I'm wrong Jack, but I'm pretty sure that's what you're getting at here.

I personally would go for it, I know I think it's worth getting more CAWS in the story.

[quote name='thenassman' date='18 March 2010 - 10:34 AM' timestamp='1268937287' post='7159170']
I don't think that's what he means by parts. I think he means to have one single episode broken up into two separate parts. Like Jan. 4th Raw part 1 and Jan. 4th Raw part 2. Correct me if I'm wrong Jack, but I'm pretty sure that's what you're getting at here.

I personally would go for it, I know I think it's worth getting more CAWS in the story.
[/quote]

Yeah, think of it like ECW 3.16.10 pt 1 and ECW 3.16.10 pt 2. This allows us to use 20 CAS in the story. I tend to think that the stories we do in WWESU are some of the best out there. 2 parts would give us more room to work.

Archived