Sarcastic's Official Story Designer Guide

Sarcastic.

[center][size="3"][b]----------Confirmed----------[/b][/size][/center]

[b]To save/name/finish a story[/b]
Press X (Xbox 360) or Square (PS3) when in calendar view.

[b]To simply have someone talking in the ring[/b]
Choose 'Attack', 'From Crowd, Taunt' and then cut it down to just the first scene.

[b]To have someone interrupt someone in the ring, without actually entering it[/b]
Choose 'Promo', 'Stage Interrupt' and then set cast members 2 and 3 to vacant.

[b]To have a GM annoucement in the GM office[/b]
Choose 'GM', 'Listening 1', set cast member 1 to vacant, cut it down to just scene 4 and adjust the camera the face him.

[b]To have someone just walk down to the ring[/b]
Choose 'Pre-Match', 'Kicked' and cut it down to just the first scene.

[b]To scroll through the list of superstars quicker[/b]
You may have noticed that when you are choosing a cast for your scenes, scrolling through the list of people is very slow. To solve this you must hold either up or down on the D-Pad, and then move the analog stick the same way. It should go nearly 3 times quicker. You must do D-Pad and then analog stick or it does not work.

[b]Shoving contest[/b]
Choose 'Diva', 'Hard Place'. Set cast member 1 to vacant and choose the two superstars you want to push each other around for cast places 2 and 3. You can have mixed gender shoving contests.

[b]Arguments[/b]
Choose 'Diva', 'Girl Anger'. Set both cast members to male and it still looks like a heated argument. Good for having a tag team split up or argue after losing a match ect.

[b]Commentators talking during winning match celebration, without manager/parter[/b]
Choose 'Post-Match', 'Celebration' and set cast member 2 to referee. This solved the problem of someone getting in the ring whilst celebrating. You can choose vacant if you want but the ropes still move about, this looks better in my opinion because the ref raises your hand.

[b]Pre/Post match attacks[/b]
Remember to turn off entrances and/or winning celebrations if you are going to have pre/post match attacks.

[b]When typing your text...[/b]
Remember you can go down to another line by pressing RB + Down (either the d-pad or analog stick). It will go down a line without taking up your letters limit.

[b]To have someone cut a promo from the stage[/b]
Choose 'Promo', 'Stage Interrupt'. Set cast members 1, 2 and 3 to vacant. Set cast member 4 to who you want to cut the promo. Cut in down to just scenes 3 and 4.

[b]Inside the limo[/b]
During the 'Car', 'The Arrival' animation, you can see inside the limo if you change the camera position.

[b]Phone message[/b]
If you want to make it more like a RTWM story with the phone messages, choose 'Interview', 'Basic Single' and trim it down to just the third scene. Set location to pure black/white room and set cast member 2 to vacant. Then just add some text and make it seem like a phone call just like the ones you get in RTWM mode.

[center][size="3"][b]----------Awaiting Confirmation----------[/b][/size][/center]
Singles attacking two people in the ring after match: Tag Team Attack, Vacate the Primo character and change the Carlito character to whatever your choosing and change morrison and miz to whoever you want, cut down the video till its the part where the person blinds sides them, change camera so you can only see the person carlito is attacking (think it was the miz who he attacks lol anyway) then leave the camera on default (unattack person looks like hes been threw one hell of a match and lost and is trying to get up so yeah gives it that ive been threw a fight look lol) the person looks like he singly flapjacks the person on the top rope, change when the person focuses attention on other person so you cannot see the persons other arm in the air so it looks like a single suplex, this is my alternative attack

changing most tag team clips into single players they all work pretty well IMO for alternative scenes for singles

cutting down the commentators talk scene i think theres five or six blocks so cutting it down makes it look different everytime (1/2,2/3,3/4,4/5,5/6?)

in GM office he tells you your opponent/partner is behind you scene: GM listening 1, cut to the part where hes about to walk off, new scene = encounter, pre-match (background GM's office) cut to the part where the person turns around and is looking at the person, it gives the illusion that the person has just turned around and came face to face with his opponent/partner

note: this could be used for a bunch of scenes involving partner/opponent behind you, possibly a in ring promo interuption by Taker? the choices are endless really

fired up superstar interupts in ring superstar,cowardly superstar leaves when other enters(without mic): leave ring scene, (person 2 is fired up and person 3 is cowardly superstar or its vice versa) cut the video so the person is running in the ring, the camera should cut to the vacant superstars so edit the camera so its the two superstars in view before changing the next camera more to centre the angry superstar because it moves to the left to show the vacant superstar due to it being a tag

fired up superstar interupts in ring superstar cowardly superstar leaves when other enters (promo interupt): leave ring scene, (person 1 is fired up and person 4 is cowardly superstar or its vice versa) cut the video so the person is running in the ring a few camera edits but the default camera focuses on the mic superstar so i dont think it really moves just centre the camera to the fired up superstar so it looks like just him in the ring at the end

Here's what I do for a stage promo:
Pick Stage Interrupt in Promo.
Vacate the first 3 characters.
Put the camera of the first,second,fifth and eighth scenes at the stage so you can see the titantron.
Put the titantron and theme of the character at the first scene,stop it at the 4th scene then put the theme on at the 7th scene.
Because the character says nothing in the 5th scene I would recommend putting a crowd sound in here.

[quote name='Sarcastic.' date='30 October 2009 - 03:05 PM' timestamp='1256915105' post='6811440']
[b]
[/b][b]To have someone interrupt someone in the ring, without actually entering it[/b]
Choose 'Pre-Match', 'Cashing In' and then set the first cast member to vacant. (You may need to adjust the camera position after doing this)

[/quote]

You could also do Promo=>Stage interupt. Make the two stable members who start in the ring vacant.

To have someone just walk down to the ring, chose Pre-Match=> Under the Ring, trim the final few scenes. Or chose Pre-Match => Kicked (I think It's called) and trim it down.

[quote name='eMasson' date='30 October 2009 - 03:12 PM' timestamp='1256915556' post='6811462']
[quote name='Sarcastic.' date='30 October 2009 - 03:05 PM' timestamp='1256915105' post='6811440']
[b]
[/b][b]To have someone interrupt someone in the ring, without actually entering it[/b]
Choose 'Pre-Match', 'Cashing In' and then set the first cast member to vacant. (You may need to adjust the camera position after doing this)

[/quote]

You could also do Promo=>Stage interupt. Make the two stable members who start in the ring vacant.

[b]To have someone just walk down to the ring, chose Pre-Match=> Under the Ring, trim the final few scenes[/b]. Or chose Pre-Match => Kicked (I think It's called) and trim it down.
[/quote]
Even if you trim this down to just the first scene, you still see the person come out from under the ring.

[quote name='Sarcastic.' date='30 October 2009 - 03:18 PM' timestamp='1256915921' post='6811481']
[quote name='eMasson' date='30 October 2009 - 03:12 PM' timestamp='1256915556' post='6811462']
[b]

[/quote]

[b]To have someone just walk down to the ring, chose Pre-Match=> Under the Ring, trim the final few scenes[/b]. Or chose Pre-Match => Kicked (I think It's called) and trim it down.
[/quote]
Even if you trim this down to just the first scene, you still see the person come out from under the ring.
[/quote]

I managed it fine... Change the camera angles and make the Undertaker character vacant.

[quote name='cashmaster' date='30 October 2009 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1256921908' post='6811720']
How do we get someone to stand in the ring talking without being attacked or talking to somebody else?

I'm trying to do a JBL wants to be RAW GM storyline and obviously don't know how to do it.
[/quote]
[quote][b]To simply have someone talking in the ring[/b]
Choose 'Attack', 'From Crowd, Taunt' and then cut it down to just the first scene.[/quote]

[quote name='⎷⎛Wisdom' date='30 October 2009 - 07:34 PM' timestamp='1256931240' post='6812027']
[quote name='cashmaster' date='30 October 2009 - 02:15 PM' timestamp='1256930114' post='6811995']
This should be pinned aswell
[/quote]
Agreed.
[/quote]
If we can get quite a few tips then we will see if we can get it pinned. So everyone suggest some tips!

Singles attacking two people in the ring after match: Tag Team Attack, Vacate the Primo character and change the Carlito character to whatever your choosing and change morrison and miz to whoever you want, cut down the video till its the part where the person blinds sides them, change camera so you can only see the person carlito is attacking (think it was the miz who he attacks lol anyway) then leave the camera on default (unattack person looks like hes been threw one hell of a match and lost and is trying to get up so yeah gives it that ive been threw a fight look lol) the person looks like he singly flapjacks the person on the top rope, change when the person focuses attention on other person so you cannot see the persons other arm in the air so it looks like a single suplex, this is my alternative attack

changing most tag team clips into single players they all work pretty well IMO for alternative scenes for singles

cutting down the commentators talk scene i think theres five or six blocks so cutting it down makes it look different everytime (1/2,2/3,3/4,4/5,5/6?)

in GM office he tells you your opponent/partner is behind you scene: GM listening 1, cut to the part where hes about to walk off, new scene = pre-match (background GM's office) cut to the part where the person turns around and is looking at the person, it gives the illusion that the person has just turned around and came face to face with his opponent/partner

note: this could be used for a bunch of scenes involving partner/opponent behind you, possibly a in ring promo interuption by Taker? the choices are endless really

Diva/Diva Angry: is a good one to change so that it looks like two people are arguing ie tag team just lost there belts tag partner is angry, dont try Guy angry because the person who was the diva begins to cry LMAO

Diva/Hard Place: change Santino to Vacant and edit the diva's to superstars, cut it down to the part where they begin to push each other (there pretty girly pushes but its a good way to start off a match with you know test of strength) but they are pretty girly so its just a tip just incase you want a barging scene

I have a ton more clip tips but i just cant remember them lmao

ive got another one that i remembered

fired up superstar interupts in ring superstar,cowardly superstar leaves when other enters(without mic): leave ring scene, (person 2 is fired up and person 3 is cowardly superstar or its vice versa) cut the video so the person is running in the ring, the camera should cut to the vacant superstars so edit the camera so its the two superstars in view before changing the next camera more to centre the angry superstar because it moves to the left to show the vacant superstar due to it being a tag

fired up superstar interupts in ring superstar cowardly superstar leaves when other enters (promo interupt): leave ring scene, (person 1 is fired up and person 4 is cowardly superstar or its vice versa) cut the video so the person is running in the ring a few camera edits but the default camera focuses on the mic superstar so i dont think it really moves just centre the camera to the fired up superstar so it looks like just him in the ring at the end

making one scene into three LMAO

[quote name='RockNRolla.' date='30 October 2009 - 08:46 PM' timestamp='1256935604' post='6812214']
in GM office he tells you your opponent/partner is behind you scene: GM listening 1, cut to the part where hes about to walk off, n[b]ew scene = pre-match (background GM's office)[/b] cut to the part where the person turns around and is looking at the person, it gives the illusion that the person has just turned around and came face to face with his opponent/partner
[/quote]
What scene within the Pre-Match selection are you referring to?

[quote name='Sarcastic.' date='30 October 2009 - 09:08 PM' timestamp='1256936906' post='6812267']
[quote name='RockNRolla.' date='30 October 2009 - 08:46 PM' timestamp='1256935604' post='6812214']
in GM office he tells you your opponent/partner is behind you scene: GM listening 1, cut to the part where hes about to walk off, n[b]ew scene = pre-match (background GM's office)[/b] cut to the part where the person turns around and is looking at the person, it gives the illusion that the person has just turned around and came face to face with his opponent/partner
[/quote]
[/quote]

its called Pre-match i think it is in the pre-match section but i know its called pre-match, its HBK and HHH are in the locker warming up and taker and kane interupt them if you know which one that is

[quote name='RockNRolla.' date='30 October 2009 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1256937090' post='6812275']
[quote name='Sarcastic.' date='30 October 2009 - 09:08 PM' timestamp='1256936906' post='6812267']
[/quote]
[/quote]

its called Pre-match i think it is in the pre-match section but i know its called pre-match, its HBK and HHH are in the locker warming up and taker and kane interupt them if you know which one that is
[/quote]
Just looked, its in the 'Encounter' section.

Yea, I agree, this should be pinned. I don't have the game for my ps3 yet, so I can't make suggestions. I do have a DAS related question though, if you don't mind answering.

You know how when you're making a story, and you can make a superstar's entrance song or song theme play at anytime, can the same be done for caw's and their custom soundtrack songs? I only ask because in all the DAS videos I saw on youtube, I never seen the option to play custom music in DAS, just music already in the game.

Here's an example of what I'm asking: [b]If I wanted my created episode of RAW to have "Across the Nation" as the theme song, could I do that?[/b]

[quote name='⎷⎛Spamming Nooblet ⎷⎛ ^_^' date='30 October 2009 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1256938061' post='6812321']
Yea, I agree, this should be pinned. I don't have the game for my ps3 yet, so I can't make suggestions. I do have a DAS related question though, if you don't mind answering.

You know how when you're making a story, and you can make a superstar's entrance song or song theme play at anytime, can the same be done for caw's and their custom soundtrack songs? I only ask because in all the DAS videos I saw on youtube, I never seen the option to play custom music in DAS, just music already in the game.

Here's an example of what I'm asking: [b]If I wanted my created episode of RAW to have "Across the Nation" as the theme song, could I do that?[/b]
[/quote]

nope only people in games themes and music

Archived