CAWs.ws
Facebook Twitter YouTube RSS Feed

Easy Paint Tool Guide [Including Ready Made Grids]

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

Poll: Easy Paint Tool Guide [Including Ready Made Grids] (228 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you use this method for Paint Tool?

1. Voted Yes (134 votes [58.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.77%

2. No (56 votes [24.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.56%

3. Voted Sometimes (38 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 DeathByChainsaw

DeathByChainsaw

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • Gamertag: Chainsaw4Real

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:50 PM

Gimp guide:

1. Find a flat, head on image of the design you want.

2. Open in Gimp

3. Scale image to appropriate size (1 pixel less than canvas size in paint tool). Image --> Scale Image

4. Set up your grid. Set the spacing to 1 pixel width and 1 pixel height. Select whatever color you want for the grid lines. Image --> Configure Grid

5. Enable the grid by checking show grid. View --> Show Grid

6. Probably your grid will be obscuring your image at this point because you're zoomed out (IE a black grid will make it look like the image is all black). All you need to do is zoom in, I use the navigation window throughout the whole process to zoom in and out, look at different parts of the image, ect. View --> Navigation Window

7. If you want to change the colors to make it easier to transfer into paint tool, you can do so in the image menu. Image --> Mode --> Indexed (select generate optimum palette and enter how many colors you want).

8. Now, in Paint Tool, use the smallest pencil or line size and transfer it over. So, for example, if your grid shows pixels 37, 26 through 40, 26 as being red, select the red color in the Paint Tool and put a red dot in 37, 26 through 40, 26 on the screen. Do this for every pixel so that each one is the same color in Paint Tool as it is on your computer screen.

This is what I've been using, but I bet there is more that could be done by more savvy Gimp/Photoshop people to make it even easier. This method is very simple, but potentially time consuming for more complex designs. I don't know how to print an image with the grid, and would be skeptical about whether or not that would work to well, since you have to be pretty zoomed in to see individual pictures.

Thanks, Ben. I'm gonna give this a try when I get a chance. I've been trying to find a good way to do image overlays with the grid, since it seemed a little off from the game. And thanks to everyone else for their advice/tutorials.

And as far as how to print with the grid, I guess you could just hit Print Screen when the grid is up and put it through GIMP and print it out if it's not too big. Might still be hard to make out the boxes tho.

#142 MykeMadness

MykeMadness

New Talent

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:14 PM

HOLY :censored: ! $700 dollars to buy Photoshop?? What the :censored: are those people smoking??

Adobe Photoshop is a professional visual editing software and deserves the price tag. It is used by industry professionals in jobs such as Magazines, advertising etc. Even website designing. I've been using photoshop since I was 8 and I am 20 now! It is an amazing piece of kit if you know how to use it, the possiblities are endless.

I'm still having issues with this myself. How do people make the images so sharp that every pixel is defined by the grid, I keep getting like multiple colours!

#143 BrainFreeZe.

BrainFreeZe.

New Talent

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Gamertag: GriNqOxSkiLLz

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:21 AM

THIS IS HOW YOU WOULD DO IT RIGHT?
MY VIDEO BTW

#144 TigreDeOro

TigreDeOro

Opener

• Banned
  • 288 posts
  • Gamertag: Tigre De Oro
  • SEN (PS3): ---

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:09 AM

For PaintShopPro users :

I made a .PAL file for the Paint Tool's Normal Palette. It is not exact, but a good representation of it.
Posted Image

Now if you take a 256x256 (or 128x128) image.
Posted Image

Go to Colors > Load Palette, and choose the SvR2010Normal.pal file you get an image like this :
Posted Image

It has all of the colors as the in-game Paint Tool to be used for gridding/drawing.

Here is the link to the PAL file download
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DBZRRDV7

Just export to anywhere, and load it when needed. I made this because I didn't like decreasing to a specific amount of colors and not having something similar in the paint tool. I am not sure if Photoshop uses PAL files for its colors as well, but I thought I would contribute something anyways. :)

Edited by - T D O -, 15 November 2009 - 12:10 AM.

#145 FavreIsGod

FavreIsGod

Jobber

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • Gamertag: FavreNumber1Fan

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:16 PM

Another good thread ruined by typical caws.ws member shitposting

(at least the beginning pages)

#146 Kentonbomb.

Kentonbomb.

Opener

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:20 PM

How do I get it into the game?

#147 -O_D-

-O_D-

Legend

• Members
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:07 PM

For PaintShopPro users :

I made a .PAL file for the Paint Tool's Normal Palette. It is not exact, but a good representation of it.
Posted Image

Now if you take a 256x256 (or 128x128) image.
Posted Image

Go to Colors > Load Palette, and choose the SvR2010Normal.pal file you get an image like this :
Posted Image

It has all of the colors as the in-game Paint Tool to be used for gridding/drawing.

Here is the link to the PAL file download
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DBZRRDV7

Just export to anywhere, and load it when needed. I made this because I didn't like decreasing to a specific amount of colors and not having something similar in the paint tool. I am not sure if Photoshop uses PAL files for its colors as well, but I thought I would contribute something anyways. :)

Thx. It's a pain having to match the exact color with in-game. This will help alot.

EDIT: Just gave a try with photoshop cs4. Saids it couldn't load because it's not a valid "Microsoft Palette". Guess it doesn't work with photoshop afterall. Even though Tigre's guide is specifically for PaintShopPro. Still, thx for the effort. 8-)

Edited by RKOAttitudERA316, 18 November 2009 - 04:07 PM.

#148 Deliriou5

Deliriou5
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:04 AM

HOLY :censored: ! $700 dollars to buy Photoshop?? What the :censored: are those people smoking??

Adobe Photoshop is a professional visual editing software and deserves the price tag. It is used by industry professionals in jobs such as Magazines, advertising etc. Even website designing. I've been using photoshop since I was 8 and I am 20 now! It is an amazing piece of kit if you know how to use it, the possiblities are endless.

I'm still having issues with this myself. How do people make the images so sharp that every pixel is defined by the grid, I keep getting like multiple colours!

I think this is the problem most of us are having...

For example... just take the nWo logo from the very first instructional... the nWo logo is clearly defined pixel by pixel. One color in each pixel. Are you all just extremely patient and drawing in each pixel? Or are these files being saved and loaded somehow into the game?

#149 Owen

Owen

Opener

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:48 AM

I think this is the problem most of us are having...

For example... just take the nWo logo from the very first instructional... the nWo logo is clearly defined pixel by pixel. One color in each pixel. Are you all just extremely patient and drawing in each pixel? Or are these files being saved and loaded somehow into the game?

Be patient and draw it pixel by pixel.

#150 Haas3-16

Haas3-16

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 42,564 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Haas3-16
  • Twitter: @Haas316

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:23 PM

Haven't I been preaching this for like six months? Seriously, it takes this tutorial for people to get it? Lol. Thanks for posting this for those who didn't know. Posted Image

Why practice on a computer when you can practice on the game, and actually use what you draw?

Nice try, but, this topic is so fail.

You're so stupid, dude. It isn't "practice." It's for transferring logos from the computer to the PS3. My god people are sooo naive sometimes. :/

We can upload Images to Paint Tool? I've never used anything like this before so I have no friggin clue lol.

#151 -O_D-

-O_D-

Legend

• Members
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:25 PM

Haven't I been preaching this for like six months? Seriously, it takes this tutorial for people to get it? Lol. Thanks for posting this for those who didn't know. Posted Image

Why practice on a computer when you can practice on the game, and actually use what you draw?

Nice try, but, this topic is so fail.

You're so stupid, dude. It isn't "practice." It's for transferring logos from the computer to the PS3. My god people are sooo naive sometimes. :/

We can upload Images to Paint Tool? I've never used anything like this before so I have no friggin clue lol.

I think he means transferring it manually from your PC screen from pixel to pixel using the grid system. Wish u could though....or can u?

Edited by RKOAttitudERA316, 20 November 2009 - 08:26 PM.

#152 Matt Haze

Matt Haze

Main Eventer

• Banned
  • 3,802 posts
  • Gamertag: M3Denton

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:52 PM

I thought of this the second day I had it. I tried my hand at it but converting well over 500 pixels is waaaaay to tedious for me.

#153 Goldberg173

Goldberg173

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • SEN (PS3): TUT-S_230

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:35 PM

I've tried with nWo logo in gimp and it works perfect.
There's one thing that i want to know:
Can i do the facepaint of sting with paint tool??

#154 Werecat101

Werecat101

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Werecat101_

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:43 PM

Well i use paintshop pro but yeah same method and it works well.

#155 TheDisciple

TheDisciple

Jobber

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:54 PM

hes basically showing the already done design in grid mode here so u can basically mimic it ingame good idea

#156 cazedjak

cazedjak

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:17 AM

blahhh

#157 Aj693

Aj693

Opener

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:26 PM

Could take some time to create a logo but still very helpful and i will use this

Edited by Aj693, 16 December 2009 - 05:29 PM.

#158 trizz

trizz

New Talent

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Gamertag: trizzie d

Posted 16 December 2009 - 06:57 PM

I have yet to see ONE of these designs on a CAW. I would like to know the success rate of this process before I decide on whether or not I will employ it.

#159 Flawres

Flawres

Pineapple surprise!

• Members
  • 7,584 posts
  • Gamertag: flawres

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:40 AM

I have yet to see ONE of these designs on a CAW. I would like to know the success rate of this process before I decide on whether or not I will employ it.

Success rate is 100% not factoring in stupidity.

#160 TheBryant brY2J

TheBryant brY2J

New Talent

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Bryant174

Posted 25 December 2009 - 06:13 AM

Does this work with Photo Shop 7.0? If so, please say how. i tried doing it but it doesn't come out the same. 7.0 has different stuff.

Ooh wait, you're taking request correct? Can you make Zack Ryder logos? The Z, the Ohhh...Radio one, and face on the side of his tights. Do you have those?