Formula 1 Thread

Jimmy1994

I'm a Formula One-fan. Haven't missed more than 1 or 2 races since the Luxemburg GP of 1997.
By the way, big scandal at Renault.

Teamboss Flavio Briatore and race-engineer Pat Symonds ordered Nelson Piquet to purposely crash out of the race in the 2008 edition of the Singapore Grand Prix. Fernando Alonso came in the pits at the exact same time that Piquet crashed and went on to win the race.

Briatore has been banned for life from the Formula One, Symonds is banned for 5 years, Renault got a two-year ban, that actually isn't a ban at all. Alonso and Piquet came off without a punishment.

[quote name='Jiggy Djézus' post='6670904' date='Sep 27 2009, 04:57 PM'][quote]come on brawn, [b]and kimi(save your ferrari career, We don't want alonso.)[/b][/quote]

Are you serious?

Don't get me wrong, i'm a Kimi-fan, but Alonso is the best driver in the current field. Alonso + Ferrari-car = World Champion.
[/quote]
kimi is one of my favourite drivers, i think he should be allowed to stay, ferrari's car was off the pace from the start this year, with the right car, massa or raikkonen could be champion.

British Grand Prix, where do you think it should be Silverstone, donington or somewhere else?

Silverstone. Classic circuit, unique track, unique set of corners, love that track. It's horrible to reach if it's raining though, but that is not my problem :lol:

I'm not impressed by Donington Park to be honest, as i feel it's too low to be called a Formula One-track. Brands Hatch was ok, but i find that track a bit dull.

And about Ferrari, with Massa and Raikkönen, you have two drivers who can compete for the World Championship.
But Fernando Alonso is the complete package, meaning you'll have to drop either Massa or Raikkönen.
Normally i'd say, drop Massa, but you can't fire a guy who had a life-threatening injury, either way, that will make Ferrari look bad.

But to go with Massa is very risky. With his type of injury, i think that it is highly unlikely that Massa will be able to compete at the start of the 2010 season. And i don't care what Ferrari says, Petr Cech had a similiar injury and is still wearing that helmet. And he's a footballer. Felipe Massa is driving a Formula One-car at tremendous speeds with brutal G-forces for more than one and a half hour, that is an outright battering of the human body, let alone a body that isn't 100 percent healthy. That's the reason Michael Schumacher didn't came back, because his neck couldn't handle that amount of force over such a period of time.

There is a big chance that Massa won't be the same again and if i was Ferrari, i would have either put Massa at a low team [like Lotus or Toro Rosso to have him come back without much pressure] or to have him sitout for the 2010 season and have him test the 2009 car.

you know, either on the internet or with mates, i haven't met one person who wants donington.

they should take out that horrible valencia circuit and make donington the european grand prix.

Provisional 2010 calendar.
i know it's a bit cluttered but thats copy and paste for you.
german is at hockenheim.

Round Race Title Grand Prix Circuit Date Time
Local UTC
1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix Bahrain GP Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir, Manama 14 March TBA TBA
2 Australian Grand Prix[74] Australian GP Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit, Melbourne, Victoria 28 March 17:00 06:00
3 Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix Malaysian GP Sepang International Circuit, Kuala Lumpur 4 April 16:00 08:00
4 Chinese Grand Prix Chinese GP Shanghai International Circuit 18 April TBA TBA
5 Gran Premio de España Telefónica Spanish GP Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona 9 May 14:00 TBA
6 Grand Prix de Monaco Monaco GP Circuit de Monaco, Monte Carlo 23 May 14:00 TBA
7 Turkish Grand Prix Turkish GP Istanbul Park 30 May TBA TBA
8 Grand Prix du Canada Canadian GP Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal 13 June TBA TBA
9 Telefónica Grand Prix of Europe European GP Valencia Street Circuit 27 June 14:00 12:00
10 British Grand Prix British GP[75] Donington Park 11 July TBA TBA
11 Großer Preis Santander von Deutschland German GP Hockenheimring 25 July 14:00 12:00
12 Magyar Nagydíj[74] Hungarian GP Hungaroring, Budapest 1 August 14:00 12:00
13 Belgian Grand Prix[74] Belgian GP Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Spa 29 August 14:00 12:00
14 Gran Premio Santander d'Italia Italian GP Autodromo Nazionale Monza 12 September 14:00 12:00
15 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix Singapore GP Marina Bay Street Circuit 26 September 20:00 12:00
16 Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix Japanese GP Suzuka Circuit, Suzuka 3 October TBA TBA
17 Korean Grand Prix Korean GP Korean International Circuit, Yeongam 17 October TBA TBA
18 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Abu Dhabi GP Yas Marina Circuit 31 October 17:00 13:00
19 Grande Prêmio do Brasil Brazilian GP Autódromo José Carlos Pace, São Paulo 14 November TBA TBA

or they could do what they used to do and have hockenheim for the german and Nürburgring for the european, i just don't rate the european circuit right now.

indianappolis(spelling is a bit off i think) and magny cours would be good to be brought back to.

[quote name='Jimmy1994' post='6689129' date='Oct 1 2009, 10:18 PM']it's official alonso to ferrari :fedup: , i suppose i'll be supporting half of ferrari next year.

wonder where raikkonen will go.

it would be funny if he won the last 3 races.[/quote]
I heard that he might go to Mclaren. But it's just spekulation though.

Archived