Official Football Thread 2009/2010

.Rubbersoul

Negredo is a very talented player, lots of potential, he is a bit light, don't expect him to become the man at a big club like Liverpool or Valencia (who he's also reported to join) in his first season, but if you give him time to progress at a big club (and if he has the patience), he could be a very valuable player.
I do have the question, why does Chelsea need Pirlo? Where would he play? They already have a bunch of midfielders..

Pirlo would be a very good signing for Chelsea, at times they lack a creative spark in Midfield which was why Deco was signed but after a promising couple of early months, injuries and poor performances have hampered his chances of playing. I have no idea why Chelsea decided to give Ballack another contract extension with wages around £130k, he's not once been a stand out player for them and hasn't justified the amount he receives. Mikel has very good potential as a defensive midfielder although he was originally an attacking midfielder at U19 level for Nigeria and has been pushed back to a more defensive role much like Essien was previously but he too at times can put in some suspect performances.

Having said that, I doubt Chelsea will look to strengthen that area of the team.

Chelsea has been reported to put in a bid for the Belgium attacker Moussa Dembele. The construction would mean that Dembele would be purchased in 2009, but will be loaned out to AZ in teh 2009-10 season as AZ is assured to appear in the Champions League group-stage and that Dembele will join Chelsea over a year.

in my opinion man united should forget about antonio valencia and spend the 80 million on, sergio ramos for about 25 million(not sure if he'd join though), carlos tevez for 25 million, and frank ribery for 30 million, they could even sign some others if they dig deep.

The Confederations Cup has started.. Boring as f***.
South Africa and Iraq played 0-0 in a game with no skills being shown by both squads.

Spain kicked off 8 minutes ago against New Zealand and it's already 1-0, Torres scored.

[u]Group A[/u]
South Africa (host)
Iraq (Asian champions)
Spain (European champions)
New Zealand (Oceanian Champions)

[u]Group B[/u]
Italy (World Champions)
Brazil (South American Champions)
United States of America (North American Champions)
Egypt (African Champions)

EDIT: 2-0 Torres

EDIT #2: Fernando Torres scored a hattrick within 18 minutes.

4-0 Fabregas, the next edit will be when Spain scored 10 goals or something :lol:

I watched Brazil V Egypt and Egypt are actually pretty good, better than I expected anyway, they have some pretty good players.

I'd love Man U to sign Huntelaar I wanted them to do it last year, but they went for Berbatov instead, he'll be cheaper than Tevez and could fit in well at Man U.

Every day, there are rumours about Dutch players leaving Real. It's basically a wait and see-situation.
Sneijder and Robben are important players for Real, so i doubt that they will leave. Van Nistelrooij was injured, but was important aswell. Huntelaar is there for what, 6 months? Drenthe is just horrible. And Van der Vaart is a great player, but for some reason isn't playing.

[quote name='Jimmy1994' post='6177433' date='Jun 13 2009, 04:30 PM']in my opinion man united should forget about antonio valencia and spend the 80 million on, sergio ramos for about 25 million(not sure if he'd join though), carlos tevez for 25 million, and frank ribery for 30 million, they could even sign some others if they dig deep.[/quote]
Why in the blue hell would you want Manchester United to blow 80 million on Sergio Ramos a defender we don't need. If anybody we should sign Tevez and Wesley Sneijder. Don't know how well Sneijder has played for Madrid but i like Dutch players and Madrid are looking to clear out some players after getting Ronaldo, Kaka and as far as i know Ribery aswell.

Tbh Manchester United don't need to buy anyone we have a big enough squad to deal with certain positions. Like Right back we have Wes Brown coming back, John O'Shea and Rafael can play there aswell. Central Midfield Owen Hargraves is coming back and there's Anderson, Carrick and Gibson. Right Midfield Darren Fletcher can play there as can Park Ji Sung.

[quote name='cashmaster' post='6191144' date='Jun 16 2009, 11:42 PM'][quote name='Jimmy1994' post='6177433' date='Jun 13 2009, 04:30 PM']in my opinion man united should forget about antonio valencia and spend the 80 million on, sergio ramos for about 25 million(not sure if he'd join though), carlos tevez for 25 million, and frank ribery for 30 million, they could even sign some others if they dig deep.[/quote]
Why in the blue hell would you want Manchester United to blow 80 million on Sergio Ramos a defender we don't need. If anybody we should sign Tevez and Wesley Sneijder. Don't know how well Sneijder has played for Madrid but i like Dutch players and Madrid are looking to clear out some players after getting Ronaldo, Kaka and as far as i know Ribery aswell.

Tbh Manchester United don't need to buy anyone we have a big enough squad to deal with certain positions. Like Right back we have Wes Brown coming back, John O'Shea and Rafael can play there aswell. Central Midfield Owen Hargraves is coming back and there's Anderson, Carrick and Gibson. Right Midfield Darren Fletcher can play there as can Park Ji Sung.
[/quote]
But I can't see any of these players winning you league.

[quote name='.Remixâ„¢' post='6191213' date='Jun 16 2009, 11:58 PM'][quote name='cashmaster' post='6191144' date='Jun 16 2009, 11:42 PM'][quote name='Jimmy1994' post='6177433' date='Jun 13 2009, 04:30 PM']in my opinion man united should forget about antonio valencia and spend the 80 million on, sergio ramos for about 25 million(not sure if he'd join though), carlos tevez for 25 million, and frank ribery for 30 million, they could even sign some others if they dig deep.[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Funny that because i could have sworn that those players just won it three times in a row.

[quote name='cashmaster' post='6191241' date='Jun 17 2009, 12:03 AM'][quote name='.Remixâ„¢' post='6191213' date='Jun 16 2009, 11:58 PM'][quote name='cashmaster' post='6191144' date='Jun 16 2009, 11:42 PM'][quote name='Jimmy1994' post='6177433' date='Jun 13 2009, 04:30 PM']in my opinion man united should forget about antonio valencia and spend the 80 million on, sergio ramos for about 25 million(not sure if he'd join though), carlos tevez for 25 million, and frank ribery for 30 million, they could even sign some others if they dig deep.[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Funny that because i could have sworn that those players just won it three times in a row.
[/quote]
With Ronaldo, without who's gonna be scoring those vital goals for you? I'm sure Rooney and Berbatov wouldn't be high In my list tbh.

Archived