CAWs.ws
Facebook Twitter YouTube RSS Feed

Should i get SVR 2007 OR 2008?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#21 The Stone Cold Rock

The Stone Cold Rock

Opener

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:55 PM

I've just bought SVR 2007 and 2007 is batter then 2008 and 2009.

This. I only wish 2007 had better options in CAW Mode but overall it's a small price to pay. The gameplay is more consistent and more moves and overall it feels more complete.

#22 TheFlightMike

TheFlightMike

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,590 posts
  • Gamertag: TheFlightMikeTV
  • SEN (PS3): MonsterMeatMike
  • Twitter: @TheFlightMike

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:26 AM

08=09 if you subtract create a finisher, career, road to wrestlemania, inferno match, and highlight reel. And add legends

Gameplay wise its the exact same.

You should go with 2007 because you get

No cheaters online, A better CAW system, Chris Benoit, Kid Kash, The Mexicools, Kurt Angle

The only Minus I see is Randy Orton's RKO and Kane's Chokeslam

#23 GODstandard

GODstandard

Legend

• Members
  • 8,152 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:49 PM

08 is a shitted down version of 2007. Get 2007, if any.

#24 Edge.

Edge.

Opener

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • SEN (PS3): FTM-VIPER

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:02 PM

definetly 07, what system?

#25 RelentlessJH

RelentlessJH

Opener

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • Gamertag: Duubzy

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:41 PM

Yeah Go With SVR 2007 To Buy It Is Way better then 08

#26 The Phenomenal AJ Styles

The Phenomenal AJ Styles

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,595 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Kaystri

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:22 AM

07 Or ill stab u (:

#27 ToneCold

ToneCold

Opener

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 04:16 PM

I have both but I play 2007 a lot more. I didn't bother with 09 because 08 left a bad taste in my mouth. I recently got 07 for Xbox and finding it far better than the PS2 version but they are both the best version on their respective formats IMO.

#28 Keegan™

Keegan™

Legend

• Members
  • 9,701 posts
  • SEN (PS3): KW51

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:55 PM

SVR 2007 kills SVR 2008 in replay value... Trust me.

All 08 had that 07 didn't have was Extreme Rules match and an updated roster.

#29 ToneCold

ToneCold

Opener

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:38 PM

^^^ This.

Edited by ToneCold, 11 December 2009 - 04:41 PM.

#30 tupacfan

tupacfan

Opener

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:00 PM

4 get 08 get 07 and 06

#31 Spamming Nooblet

Spamming Nooblet

Legend

• Members
  • 7,109 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Im2DamnLegit

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:58 AM

I hated 07 and 08. Get 06.

But if its really a choice between 07 and 08, without a doubt, the better choice is 07.

LOL i dont think theres even 1 single game mode in 08 that you'll enjoy. (except, maybe caw mode, which is better than 07's)

The extreme rules match isnt enough to choose 08 over 07.

in 08, they destroyed Create A Moveset mode, and they HORRIBLY DESTROYED SEASON MODE! 90% of the time, ur character is getting his ass kicked in it. And 100% of the time, ur character stupidly stumbles into the divas locker room. The superstar fighting style crap was a failure. It put a MAJOR limitation on the movelist.

Edited by ⎷⎛Spamming Nooblet ⎷⎛ ^_^, 13 December 2009 - 04:02 AM.

#32 ToneCold

ToneCold

Opener

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:39 AM

But if its really a choice between 07 and 08, without a doubt, the better choice is 07.

LOL i dont think theres even 1 single game mode in 08 that you'll enjoy. (except, maybe caw mode, which is better than 07's)

in 08, they destroyed Create A Moveset mode, and they HORRIBLY DESTROYED SEASON MODE! 90% of the time, ur character is getting his ass kicked in it. And 100% of the time, ur character stupidly stumbles into the divas locker room. The superstar fighting style crap was a failure. It put a MAJOR limitation on the movelist.

I played a little 08 last night. Kinda liked the tourneys (KOTR and Beat The Clock Sprint) and the CAW mode does seem more flexible in some ways, and you can use your own music for entrances (I have a CAW on there that I made before I gave up, and it has Smoke On The Water as it's entrance music :D ) but that was far outweighed by things I didn't like, like freakin season mode, yet another unnecessary overhaul of the controls (I mean friggin Y to pull off a finisher and hold down LB while walking to run, WTF???), the whole fighting styles thing (just do the weight class thing well and get rid of that badly-executed POS. Fighting styles might work on a TNA game though if there is another one as they have X-Division where guys in totally different weight classes can face off for the same title).

Can someone please tell me if the things I don't like are the same in 09, as it could probably lead to me not bothering with it if they are. Would also be useful to know if the things I DO like above are the same.

Edited by ToneCold, 13 December 2009 - 08:47 AM.

#33 Spamming Nooblet

Spamming Nooblet

Legend

• Members
  • 7,109 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Im2DamnLegit

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:28 PM

I played a little 08 last night. Kinda liked the tourneys (KOTR and Beat The Clock Sprint) and the CAW mode does seem more flexible in some ways, and you can use your own music for entrances (I have a CAW on there that I made before I gave up, and it has Smoke On The Water as it's entrance music :D ) but that was far outweighed by things I didn't like, like freakin season mode, yet another unnecessary overhaul of the controls (I mean friggin Y to pull off a finisher and hold down LB while walking to run, WTF???), the whole fighting styles thing (just do the weight class thing well and get rid of that badly-executed POS. Fighting styles might work on a TNA game though if there is another one as they have X-Division where guys in totally different weight classes can face off for the same title).

Can someone please tell me if the things I don't like are the same in 09, as it could probably lead to me not bothering with it if they are. Would also be useful to know if the things I DO like above are the same.

Tournament mode isnt in 09 or 10, the CAW mode got even better each year after 07, u can still upload any song u want for ur caw.

Unfortunately, ur going to have to get used to the whole: (Y to pull off a finisher and hold down LB while walking to run) thing, because they continued that in 09 and 10. (Its Triangle for finisher and L1 for run, for PS2/3 users like myself)

And 09 was the last one to have the 2 button reversal system. 10 has that irritating 1 button reversal system from the TNA Impact! game.

09 doesnt have a caw season mode, which is why you'll notice that ur no longer able to give ur caw a voice. But it does have Career Mode, which is a crappy mode that nobody on Earth liked. (is also in 10 as well). But 09 does have Road To Wrestlemania Mode, which is FAR FREAKING better than 08's 24/7 mode. But its worse than the season mode from the old SVR games.

Back then, u could use any superstar in season mode and the timeline was from Backlash to Wrestlemania. Now in this new RTWM mode, u only get a choice of a few superstars to use, and the story only goes from The Royal Rumble to Wrestlemania.

Edited by ⎷⎛Spamming Nooblet ⎷⎛ ^_^, 13 December 2009 - 08:33 PM.

#34 ToneCold

ToneCold

Opener

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:27 AM

Hmmm for me not enough new things that I actually like me thinks and they've taken away tournaments and PPV modes (which I liked, for me, tourneys was a plus point of 08).

The control system I might get used to judging by my few hours tinkering on 08 yesterday but ultimately I still went back to 07 where the controls have a better feel.

One thing I did notice when trying to play 08 was that it was more glitchy and even froze on some of the loading screens.

Edited by ToneCold, 14 December 2009 - 08:34 AM.

#35 jeffsvr11

jeffsvr11

Upper Midcard

• Banned
  • 2,588 posts
  • Gamertag: jaispeed2011
  • SEN (PS3): jmonty09

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:04 AM

Yup, I just got 2007 back today from gamestop, after searching for it all over baltimore... it's a great game and has tons of replay value

#36 sanji

sanji

New Talent

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:35 PM

2007 is better

you heve x box or ps2 ?????????

#37 WcW~CAD50

WcW~CAD50

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,418 posts
  • Gamertag: oO TTC KiiD Oo
  • Twitter: @CJ_CAD50

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

SvR 2007 IS Overall Just A Way Better Game Also Better Graphics. But SvR 2008 Has Custom Soundtracks and 24/7 Mode

#38 raiden1992

raiden1992

Opener

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

just want you to help me out here becuase i never played 07 or 08 which ones better?even though svr 2009 is out i will like to try older version and another question do people still play svr 2007 online cuz i would love to defend or face for a title.

Hey Guys Just to let you know that this is raiden92 but for some odd reason I cant log into that account anymore, thanks you for all the feedback, Instead of making another thread I got another question I tmay be dull, but are you able to play 2 players GM mode , I am still thinking if this is worth the purchase.

#39 Time Bomb

Time Bomb

Lower Midcard

• Banned
  • 521 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:18 AM

I thought 2007 was way better, I still play that game from time to time...

#40 BrockMeatCannon

BrockMeatCannon

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,462 posts
  • Gamertag: BrockMeatCannon

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:46 AM

I enjoyed them both but SVR 2007 is definately the winner. :D