Changing PSP Theme Music

JAD928

Hey everyone I know theres been a few members on here including myself that have been dying to change some themes in the PSP version and we've had no luck til now. After searching and searching I finally found a program that extracts the themes from the PSP version, The YAF extractor that was posted here only worked for the PS2 version.

Here are the music tools: Includes Music.Yaf Extractor/Rebuilder v 1.0 NTSC, HiMdRenderer054, UMDGen & SonicStage. I think theres no need for SonicStage as you can convert to AT3 using Goldwave

[code]http://rapidshare.com/files/141558900/Music-Tools.rar[/code]

Also here some tutorial thats has german and english but I managed to read some of the english..LOL if anyone is willing to translate the whole thing to english please do so.

[quote]So, I habs
Das ganze geht wie folgt : The whole is as follows:
Erstmal saug0rt ihr euch folgendes Paket: First saug0rt you the following package:
[url="http://rapidshare.com/files/141558900/Music-Tools.rar"]http://rapidshare.com/files/141558900/Music-Tools.rar[/url] [url="http://rapidshare.com/files/141558900/Music-Tools.rar"]http://rapidshare.com/files/141558900/Music-Tools.rar[/url]

Dann entpackt die Yaf.rar und die himdrenderer054.zip Then unpack the Yaf.rar and himdrenderer054.zip
Danach installiert ihr SonicStage per SonicStageInstaller.exe. Then install it using SonicStage SonicStageInstaller.exe.
Nach der Installation müsst ihr erstmal neustarten. After installation, you must first restart.

Wenn euer PC neu gestartet ist öffnet ihr die ISO/CSO mit UMDGen. If your computer is restarted it opens the ISO / CSO with UMDGen.
Sucht nach der Datei "music.yaf" und extrahiert diese. Searches for the file "music.yaf" and extract them.

Danach öffnet die Yaf.exe, geht auf browse und gebt den Pfad zu eurer .yaf-Datei an. Then open the Yaf.exe, go to browse and give the path to your. Yaf file.
Dann klickt ihr auf LBA. Then click on the LBA.
Das erst danach auf Extract. The only then on Extract.
Schon habt ihr eine Menge At3 dateien. Already you have a lot AT3 files.

Öffnet jetzt die HiMdRendererWin.exe und geht unten in der Mitte auf Batch Mode. Opens HiMdRendererWin.exe now and goes down in the middle of batch mode.
Geht auf Add Files und dann geht zum Ordner in dem sich euere At3-Dateien befinden. Go to Add Files and then go to the folder in which Your AT3 files.
Wählt alle aus und geht auf öffnen. Selects all off and goes back to open it.
Rechts daneben gebt ihr dann das Output Directory an. Right beside it will give the Output Directory.
Jetzt geht ihr dadrunter auf Output Options und stellt LAME MP3 ein. Now it goes to dadrunter output options and provides LAME MP3 On.
Ihr könnt dort auch noch die anderen Werte anpassen. You can also have other values.
Danach nur noch unten auf "Go Render!" Then just below the "Go Render!" und schon werden die At3 Files in mp3 umgewandelt and already the AT3 files converted to mp3

Mein Dank geht an Naku, der mir sehr beim umwandeln der At3 geholfen hat My thanks go to Naku of me a lot to transform the AT3 has helped[/quote]

Good news and some bad news

Good news is that the themes are not in ADX format like the PS2 they are in AT3 format so what I did was I kinda followed what it said on there so I extracted the themes and converted them to WAV format using HiMdRendererWin and everything came out perfect as I converted the themes back to AT3 format using Goldwave (Must have ATRAC codec installed) but heres the bad news...I cannot rebuild another yaf file thats where the problem comes but I experimented a little bit and I just threw in all of the AT3 files in UMDGen and deleted music1.yaf and rebuild the ISO.

I put the ISO in the PSP and it worked but none of the themes wouldn't play but the sound effects were still there so there must be something wrong there. Now I put the original AT3 files without the replacement themes in UMDGen without a yaf file and to my surprise the themes worked so I guess theres something wrong I must be doing with the replacement themes.

If anyone and I mean anyone wants to try to take a shot at this please do you may have more luck than me on this, Everything works fine but just dont know why the themes wont play in the game. Well I hope that helps some of the members on here and I hope to hear that members can volunteer to help out with this

I would, but since it says NTSC, I can't, I think.
But there's something I don't understand, isn't ntsc a non-european format?
Cause if it is, it's weird that the instructions are in german.

Reading your post again, there's one simple problem, and that's putting all the at3 files in one yaf file replacing the original one. Not putting all the at3 files and deleting the yaf one.

Dude, I don't have ANY intentions of spamming...but...I found this: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFoDf-tcGvs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFoDf-tcGvs[/url]
I read at other topic that you have something like this, if it's not the same, but I found it pretty cool, I've just played team priceless vs kingston/cryme tyme, and the priceless entrance was awesome, and btw I can hear the others characters' songs.(I thought that the last one was the problem you were having.)

[quote name='chichoc' post='5532456' date='Jan 2 2009, 05:28 PM']Dude, I don't have ANY intentions of spamming...but...I found this: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFoDf-tcGvs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFoDf-tcGvs[/url]
I read at other topic that you have something like this, if it's not the same, but I found it pretty cool, I've just played team priceless vs kingston/cryme tyme, and the priceless entrance was awesome, and btw I can hear the others characters' songs.(I thought that the last one was the problem you were having.)[/quote]

I have tried the Music PRX plugin but its annoying in a way, When I put in the themes for the wrestlers lets say like Kanes new theme like it'll play but only if I turn off the entrance music volume because if I dont then it'll play over his theme then its like listening to 2 themes at the same time, And how did you hear the other characters themes? If you want you can PM me so we wont have to keep bumping this up

Also, I need a program that can convert to ATRAC WAV format but saving the bitrate to 48 kb/s (24/ch, stereo) 44100 Hz, I just found out earlier today that the themes are saved like that and mayve thats why they dont play on the PSP because I was using Goldwave but the only options it gave me to save them as were 66kbps, 105kbps & 132kbps, So if anyone knows of a program that can convert to that please let me know ASAP

• 2 months later...
ive tryed this an got the same prob, the game loaded fine but when u go to create an entrance & preview an entrance song it just doesnt play, strange thing i notised, before the changes the music1.yaf file was 193 mb after wards it went to 186 mb ... if the songs were slightly bigger, you'd have thought the file size would have gone up not down... anyone figured this out??

• 2 weeks later...
Im surprised someone still gave this a shot, I pretty much gave up on this as it gave me the same problem as it gave you hopefully one day someone will figure this out, I've tried my best and cant get it to work

• 10 months later...
[quote name='JAD928' date='25 December 2008 - 10:11 AM' timestamp='1230199868' post='5489740']
Hey everyone I know theres been a few members on here including myself that have been dying to change some themes in the PSP version and we've had no luck til now. After searching and searching I finally found a program that extracts the themes from the PSP version, The YAF extractor that was posted here only worked for the PS2 version.

Here are the music tools: Includes Music.Yaf Extractor/Rebuilder v 1.0 NTSC, HiMdRenderer054, UMDGen & SonicStage. I think theres no need for SonicStage as you can convert to AT3 using Goldwave

[code]http://rapidshare.com/files/141558900/Music-Tools.rar[/code]

Also here some tutorial thats has german and english but I managed to read some of the english..LOL if anyone is willing to translate the whole thing to english please do so.

[quote]So, I habs
Das ganze geht wie folgt : The whole is as follows:
Erstmal saug0rt ihr euch folgendes Paket: First saug0rt you the following package:
[url="http://rapidshare.com/files/141558900/Music-Tools.rar"]http://rapidshare.com/files/141558900/Music-Tools.rar[/url] [url="http://rapidshare.com/files/141558900/Music-Tools.rar"]http://rapidshare.com/files/141558900/Music-Tools.rar[/url]

Dann entpackt die Yaf.rar und die himdrenderer054.zip Then unpack the Yaf.rar and himdrenderer054.zip
Danach installiert ihr SonicStage per SonicStageInstaller.exe. Then install it using SonicStage SonicStageInstaller.exe.
Nach der Installation müsst ihr erstmal neustarten. After installation, you must first restart.

Wenn euer PC neu gestartet ist öffnet ihr die ISO/CSO mit UMDGen. If your computer is restarted it opens the ISO / CSO with UMDGen.
Sucht nach der Datei "music.yaf" und extrahiert diese. Searches for the file "music.yaf" and extract them.

Danach öffnet die Yaf.exe, geht auf browse und gebt den Pfad zu eurer .yaf-Datei an. Then open the Yaf.exe, go to browse and give the path to your. Yaf file.
Dann klickt ihr auf LBA. Then click on the LBA.
Das erst danach auf Extract. The only then on Extract.
Schon habt ihr eine Menge At3 dateien. Already you have a lot AT3 files.

Öffnet jetzt die HiMdRendererWin.exe und geht unten in der Mitte auf Batch Mode. Opens HiMdRendererWin.exe now and goes down in the middle of batch mode.
Geht auf Add Files und dann geht zum Ordner in dem sich euere At3-Dateien befinden. Go to Add Files and then go to the folder in which Your AT3 files.
Wählt alle aus und geht auf öffnen. Selects all off and goes back to open it.
Rechts daneben gebt ihr dann das Output Directory an. Right beside it will give the Output Directory.
Jetzt geht ihr dadrunter auf Output Options und stellt LAME MP3 ein. Now it goes to dadrunter output options and provides LAME MP3 On.
Ihr könnt dort auch noch die anderen Werte anpassen. You can also have other values.
Danach nur noch unten auf "Go Render!" Then just below the "Go Render!" und schon werden die At3 Files in mp3 umgewandelt and already the AT3 files converted to mp3

Mein Dank geht an Naku, der mir sehr beim umwandeln der At3 geholfen hat My thanks go to Naku of me a lot to transform the AT3 has helped[/quote]

Good news and some bad news

Good news is that the themes are not in ADX format like the PS2 they are in AT3 format so what I did was I kinda followed what it said on there so I extracted the themes and converted them to WAV format using HiMdRendererWin and everything came out perfect as I converted the themes back to AT3 format using Goldwave (Must have ATRAC codec installed) but heres the bad news...I cannot rebuild another yaf file thats where the problem comes but I experimented a little bit and I just threw in all of the AT3 files in UMDGen and deleted music1.yaf and rebuild the ISO.

I put the ISO in the PSP and it worked but none of the themes wouldn't play but the sound effects were still there so there must be something wrong there. Now I put the original AT3 files without the replacement themes in UMDGen without a yaf file and to my surprise the themes worked so I guess theres something wrong I must be doing with the replacement themes.

If anyone and I mean anyone wants to try to take a shot at this please do you may have more luck than me on this, Everything works fine but just dont know why the themes wont play in the game. Well I hope that helps some of the members on here and I hope to hear that members can volunteer to help out with this
[/quote]

I found a way to do it but it isn't fully proof yet. For some reason I can only get one theme to work at a time. Problem is when it does work, a few other themes stop working... So I'm not sure how to do it perfectly...

Anyway, the SNDO method, which is what I'm assuming you used, does not work... If you use the SNDO method, you will not be able to rebuild the YAF big file...

What you will need:

UMDGen: To extract the YAF file from the ISO.

Gnie Xpert2: TO extract content from the YAF file, and to rebuild it.

Exact Audio Copy PSP Edition: To convert your WMA tracks(from my experience this format works best) to the proper at3 format

Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 Yaf.epi (I'll post a download link for this in a min) This is a plugin and you put this into the plugins folder of Xpert2.

AT3 Converter: (for PSP) (This goes into your GAME folder so that you can listen to the AT3 files before you replace them because you want to know what you're going to replace right? Wouldn't want to replace Stone Cold Steve Austin's theme song or DX's...

Wavepad (or Goldwave) Just use a program that will allow you to edit the length of a song. Once you've edited it, you should save it as WMA.

Here is the process I go through...

Use UMDGen to extract the YAF file from the ISO... Just right click the yaf file and click Extract from selected (or whatever the option is. I don't quite remember) Save it to your desktop...

Now open Gnie's Xpert2... go to sound options right across from the list of plugins and select the lone sound option (there's only one) If you don't do this, Xpert will fail to work after you've extracted the lba. Don't know why... After you've done this, select the SVR 2008 plugin from the plugins list.

Okay now go to where you saved the YAF file you extracted from the ISO. Drag that into the black screen in Xpert2..

Now go to the top left and click on extract lba. The sound will play once it is complete. Click OK and then Extract the file itself. This should take about 20 or so seconds. Once that is complete. Go to your desktop and you will see a folder called @MUSIC.YAF. This folder contains all the original in-game music from SVR 2008.

Here is a download link for AT3 Converter. Put the folder into your GAME folder in the PSP... and then go to your MUSIC folder... Make a folder titlded AT3 Files (or whatever you want to call it) and Drag all the songs from the @MUSIC.YAF folder into your AT3 folder

How many times did I say folder? lol

Now you can listen to the in-game music on your PSP.. Exit out of USB mode and go to AT3 Converter from the GAME menu in the PSP. Go down a few to the first DIR you see and click the O button. Click it again and then you will see a list of all the folders in your PSP. Go to the MUSIC folder and click on AT3 Files. Here you will see all the files and click on the O button to listen to them.

NOTE* It will also tell you how long the tracks are so that you don't go over the length limit in your custom song... Pick 1 song you want to replace... (I'm saying only 1 because so far I've only gotten one track at a time to work. Don't know why... The one I used is file000143... That's the very first BGM song in the select a theme song section of the game...

In order to make at3 files which will be playable in-game you need to have PSP Exact Audio Copy.. Once you have this program, grab a blank disc (preferably a rewritable disc RW) and select the song you want to use in the game. Burn it to the disc... Once the disc automatically ejects, pop it back in and run Exact Audio Copy. The tracks you just burned should come up in EAC menu... To the left of the list of tracks there are to buttons, click the bottom one and select the area you want your tracks to be saved to. They will be saved as toc. example Track_01.toc

Note* Don't have Windows Media Player running while you're converting the songs with Exact Audio Copy... Maybe it's just my crappy computer, but it doesn't convert while I have Windows Media Player playing musuc.

The guide is not done yet... will continue it later...

• 3 months later...

Archived