Thr33X WIPs

Thr33X

As promised, I'll show off some of my WIPs (work in progress) to you all here. These are all CAWS that I just messed around with but couldn't actually finish. Over the next couple of days you'll see some more stuff here as I figure out new looks and so on, but for now here's the first four. Keep in mind these are all incomplete right now, so no asking for forms...you'll have to wait a few weeks til 09 drops. :P

[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f71/Thr33X/DragonWIP.jpg[/img]
[b]Dragon Lee[/b]
Dragon Lee was a wrestler I made originally in WWF No Mercy on the N64. An ode to one of my favorite Japanese wrestlers, Kensuke Shinzaki-known as Jinsei Shinzaki in JPN and Hakushi here in the States. Interestingly enough obviously the last name Lee is derived from Chinese, so it's a little awkward...but meh. The name Dragon Lee just sounds cool, lol. He will be a high flying martial arts master with submission skills, so whether it be on the ground or in the air, he'll be dangerous.

[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f71/Thr33X/OrionWIP.jpg[/img]
[b]Orion[/b]
Beth Phoenix, Roman Gods, Gill from Street Fighter 3, Micheal O'Hearn (from BattleDome/American Gladiators)...these are all things that went into me coming up with Orion. Simply put, he's a powerful man who likens himself as a living god, and acts as such in the ring and out. My plan with him is to make him a Scott Steiner type of wrestler, technical and powerful at the same time.

[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f71/Thr33X/TenWIP.jpg[/img]
[b]Tenruo Tanagashima[/b]
Now the backstory behind him is that he along with Aki-San are both former students of my Yoshi Togo, but I had never really finalized a definitive look for Tenruo until now. He's got the basic look, and in time the style of a quintessential Japanese shoot-style wrestler. He reminds me a lot of Yuji Nagata, so that might be the route I go with his moves.

[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f71/Thr33X/UKWIP.jpg[/img]
[b]Union King[/b]
Representing the north of England is Union King (whose initials are cleverly UK...yeah, I know :P ), whom aside from his look, I have no idea what I will do with him. Maybe a technical, brawling type of wrestler like Regal or Finlay, maybe a powerhouse, I really don't know...but he looked cool enough after I worked the attire out for me to come to the conclusion that I'll have to add him to my CAW list in 2009.

Thanks peeps...

[quote name='.:MtH:.' post='5119785' date='Oct 11 2008, 10:32 PM']Dragon Lee looks like Futoshi Uehara after steriods. :lol:[/quote]

I checked your CAW out (nice job BTW), and they do kinda look alike. Weird. :S

That might be a good direction to go with him as far as his wrestling style goes. I have it set now where the top is just for the entrance, but you know...I could probably do something with it that's Angle-ish.

And to WLJ...I will be doing more "current gen" versions as well, hoping that the PS3 version will get 64 layers this years for CAW creation.

With the big five of the originals board (Kaoz, 3X, WLJ, Jag and Tony), we can at least look forward to some top notch caws coming down the pipe in 2009. Not like that crap you see posted everyday. (And you wonder why I don't reply in most people's threads? "If you have nothing good to say, don'tr say anything at all.") Diggin' the caws as usual. Can't wait to see what your established guys will translate to into the next game as well.

I dig Orion, a lot. Sorta reminds me of a cocky Hercules. Assuming so, he'd probably have an awesome personality IC, which means bring him to XWA. Pronto. And if you don't want him, dish him off to one of the members. :2eye:

Also, I dig Tenruo Tanagashima. Pretty good. :cool:

Archived