NFL Thread

JayDee

[quote name='(-Enternal Darkness-)' post='3850230' date='Mar 1 2008, 07:22 AM'][quote name='Reset' post='3850163' date='Mar 1 2008, 03:06 PM']ASANTE SAMUELS!!!! EAGLES 08! 6 Year Deal! Sorry, but I needed to point that out[/quote]

Yes Yes, My Eagles are gonna be somewhere this season!
Not those punk ass Giants
Not the Cowgirls
Defintely not 'Skins!
[/quote]

Hey hey hey don't be dissing on Eli Manning and the Giants. They were the last team to finally put that cheating ass Franchise called The New England Patriots in there place. Anyways i hope my Green Bay Packers have another good year!

[quote name='Reset' post='3855159' date='Mar 2 2008, 02:27 AM']Sorry John, but Derek resigned with the Browns for 3 years.

Jevon Walker is interested in all 4 NFC East Teams. He's been practicing though with Mcnabb. According to ESPN. This could mean something.[/quote]

Hey its cool im not a Browns fan lol. Derek Anderson is a good player and i really don't care about Quinn

[quote name='Rated¤Cool' post='3860837' date='Mar 2 2008, 07:39 PM']I'm hoping Green Bay signs Randy Moss. That would pretty much make Brett Favre come back for another year.[/quote]

If Green Bay EVER signs Moss im RKOing everyone in my household. I *censored*ing hate Moss with a PASSION

[quote name='The Stinger' post='3863484' date='Mar 3 2008, 01:14 PM']Patriots sign Randy Moss to a new 3 year deal and Ben Roethlisberger signs an 8 year extension with the Steelers.[/quote]

YAY! well as long i dont see a Packer jersey on him im good. *censored* New England and *censored* Randy Moss. Besides Green Bay would never sign him after that incident where he mooned the crowd when he was a viking.

[quote name='JohnStone1987' post='3866532' date='Mar 4 2008, 03:38 AM'][quote name='Reset' post='3855159' date='Mar 2 2008, 02:27 AM']Sorry John, but Derek resigned with the Browns for 3 years.

Jevon Walker is interested in all 4 NFC East Teams. He's been practicing though with Mcnabb. According to ESPN. This could mean something.[/quote]

Hey its cool im not a Browns fan lol. Derek Anderson is a good player and i really don't care about Quinn

[quote name='Rated¤Cool' post='3860837' date='Mar 2 2008, 07:39 PM']I'm hoping Green Bay signs Randy Moss. That would pretty much make Brett Favre come back for another year.[/quote]

If Green Bay EVER signs Moss im RKOing everyone in my household. I *censored*ing hate Moss with a PASSION

[quote name='The Stinger' post='3863484' date='Mar 3 2008, 01:14 PM']Patriots sign Randy Moss to a new 3 year deal and Ben Roethlisberger signs an 8 year extension with the Steelers.[/quote]

YAY! well as long i dont see a Packer jersey on him im good. *censored* New England and *censored* Randy Moss. Besides Green Bay would never sign him after that incident where he mooned the crowd when he was a viking.
[/quote]
They would have, and you know why? The organization owes it to Favre. Brett Favre is the greatest player in NFL history, and is the reason the Packers are what they are.

[quote name='JohnStone1987' post='3866532' date='Mar 4 2008, 03:38 AM'][quote name='Reset' post='3855159' date='Mar 2 2008, 02:27 AM']Sorry John, but Derek resigned with the Browns for 3 years.

[/quote]
Its called a touchdown celebration :rolleyes: , I didnt hear any Patriot fans complain about Owens mocking spygate, or Falcon fans complaining about Vick giving them the finger, so why complain about an incident that happened 3 years ago, get over it. The Raiders signed Javon Walker to a 6 year deal, also Warren Sapp will be retiring too.

Packers' Favre to discuss retirement
[url="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080306/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_packers_favre"]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080306/ap_on_...n_packers_favre[/url]
Thu Mar 6, 6:45 AM ET

GREEN BAY, Wis. - Brett Favre has called a news conference for Thursday in Green Bay to discuss his retirement.

ADVERTISEMENT
The star Packers quarterback is expected to be joined by his wife, Deanna.

Favre first told Packers coach Mike McCarthy he intends to retire Monday night. He then made it official in a discussion with general manager Ted Thompson on Tuesday.

Favre has not yet spoken publicly about his decision. He described himself as tired in a voice mail to an ESPN reporter.

[quote name='The Human Suplex Machine' post='3876830' date='Mar 6 2008, 10:07 AM']I just saw the last half of the press conference. He explained the retirement, and that he just wasn't up to the challenge even though he could still play.[/quote]

Yeah man hes "Too mentally tired" so hes retiring. My favorite player is done :fedup:

Also Stinger relax man i was just saying and bring it up that Moss did that yes your right YEARS ago. Relax :)

Hopefully the Raiders double their record again. An 8-8 season would be awesome. Their running game is great (6th best last year), they just need to get a good offensive line in the draft and maybe sign a couple defensive tackle to make up for Sapp retiring. Their running Defense is really weak right now (31st last year), but the pass defense needs very little work if any at all (8th last year). We have a talented QB in JaMarcus Russell, and maybe the fact that he will know the team will help him because last year he was being an idiot not signing until September taking away his opportunity to be involved in the training camps. Even if Russell doesn't work out McCown isn't terrible at the position. The team really needs to work on how many penalties they have. Javon Walker was a good investment, and hopefully whoever they draft will be a good addition to the team.

No worries Johnstone im Cool just pointing out facts thats all ;) , rumours now are going of Shaun Alexander being released or traded thanks to the Seahawks signing Jones and Duckett. IMO this past seasons 10 best games in no order were, Super Bowl 42, NFC Championship Packers vs Giants, Patriots vs Giants week 17, Patriots vs Ravens, Cowboys vs Bills, Patriots vs Colts, Patriots vs Cowboys, Chargers vs Vikings, Steelers vs Jaguars from the regular season and Patriots vs Jets from opening week.

[quote name='The Stinger' post='3890903' date='Mar 9 2008, 12:28 AM']No worries Johnstone im Cool just pointing out facts thats all ;) , rumours now are going of Shaun Alexander being released or traded thanks to the Seahawks signing Jones and Duckett. IMO this past seasons 10 best games in no order were, Super Bowl 42, NFC Championship Packers vs Giants, Patriots vs Giants week 17, Patriots vs Ravens, Cowboys vs Bills, Patriots vs Colts, Patriots vs Cowboys, Chargers vs Vikings, Steelers vs Jaguars from the regular season and Patriots vs Jets from opening week.[/quote]
I think that the Eagles vs. Patriots game should be in there.

[quote name='The Human Suplex Machine' post='3889168' date='Mar 8 2008, 06:32 PM'][b]Even if Russell doesn't work out McCown isn't terrible at the position.[/b][/quote]
McCown signed with the Dolphins not too long ago. :P

Regardless, the Chargers will continue to reign dominant in the AFC West. In fact, they're favored to win the SuperBowl next year. :o Let's see it happen Norv!

[quote name='JayDee' post='3895106' date='Mar 9 2008, 05:46 PM'][quote name='The Human Suplex Machine' post='3889168' date='Mar 8 2008, 06:32 PM'][b]Even if Russell doesn't work out McCown isn't terrible at the position.[/b][/quote]

Regardless, the Chargers will continue to reign dominant in the AFC West. In fact, they're favored to win the SuperBowl next year. :o Let's see it happen Norv!
[/quote]
Really? Hadn't heard that.

I think that the AFC West will look like this next year

1. Chargers (12-4 or 13-3)
2. Chiefs (8-8 or 9-7)
3. Raiders (6-10 or 7-9)
4. Broncos (4-12 or 5-11)

The Superbowl is likely to be Colts vs. Cowboys.

[quote name='The Human Suplex Machine' post='3897498' date='Mar 10 2008, 12:18 PM'][quote name='JayDee' post='3895106' date='Mar 9 2008, 05:46 PM'][quote name='The Human Suplex Machine' post='3889168' date='Mar 8 2008, 06:32 PM'][b]Even if Russell doesn't work out McCown isn't terrible at the position.[/b][/quote]

[/quote]
Really? Hadn't heard that.

I think that the AFC West will look like this next year

1. Chargers (12-4 or 13-3)
2. Chiefs (8-8 or 9-7)
3. Raiders (6-10 or 7-9)
4. Broncos (4-12 or 5-11)

The Superbowl is likely to be Colts vs. Cowboys.
[/quote]
I doubt anyone knows the AFC West on this forum like I do :P

1. Chargers (14-2 or 13 - 3)
2. Chiefs (8-8)
3. Broncos (5-11)
4 Raiders (4-12)

I've had a look at the teams we're facing next year, that's why I'm saying as high as 14-2, not just because I'm a fan. :o

[u]Home[/u]
Colts
Falcons
Jets
Panthers
Patriots

[u]Away[/u]
Bills
Buccaneers
Dolphins
Saints (London)
Steelers

I honestly don't think we're gonna lose a division or home game this year. I just don't see it happening. The two losses have a possibility of coming from the Steelers and Saints. That's just possibilities. Not saying this would for-sure happen, but based on the schedule we have and the off-season decisions by our opponents so far, it's more likely that the Chargers have the best record in the NFL. Though there's no final say on that as the draft has yet to come...

I think theres a shot the Cowboys could go undefeated other then their 6 division games they play, Packers, Buccaneers, Bengals, Seahawks, 49ers, Rams, Cardinals, Ravens, Browns and Steelers. The Bye teams at this point I would guess being Chargers and Patriots in AFC and in the NFC Cowboys and Saints, the Giants had their great run this year but that defence is falling apart plus if you have noticed since super bowl 36 the next year at least one of the super bowl participants would miss the playoffs, love or hate the Patriots the Giants odds of missing the playoffs are alot more likely then the Patriots.

Archived