Wrestling moves invented by women

Jacknife

I do not know if there's been a thread like this, but if there has been I'm sorry for posting a new one. Just wanted to recognize some of the great contributions that female wrestlers have made to Pro Wrestling.

There have been a lot of really killer moves in wrestling that are generally credited to the males that got recognition and popularized them, but what a lot of people don't know is that some of the coolest moves in wrestling history have been invented by the ladies. Some of these are well-known to have been invented by females, but some aren't as widely acknowledged. I'm only going to list a short few (if you wanna list more feel free, as I haven't listed them all by any means) that are among some of the most used moves worldwide.

Northern Lights Bomb / Northern Lights Driver - Invented by Akira Hokuto

Death Valley Bomb / Death Valley Driver - Invented by Etsuko Mita

Air Raid Crash - Invented by Mariko Yoshida

Vertabreaker / Cop Killa - Invented by Megumi Kudo (She called it the Kudome Valentine)

The Jackhammer / Power-Plex / Suplex Powerslam - Invented by Jaguar Yokota

Japanese Ocean Cyclone Suplex - Invented by Manami Toyota (she also invented the Victory Star Drop)

The Pyramid Driver - Invented by Yumiko Hotta. (I am not 100% sure about this one, but I believe she innovated the move because she used it way back in the early 90's and I didn't see anyone else doing it at the time). If you don't know what this move is, just think of Claudio Castagnoli's "Ricola Bomb", a cross-arm lift into a Powerbomb.

As I was making this thread, I searched for videos of the moves being performed by the originators and thankfully I've found that a Youtube user that many Puro fans of the board are probably familiar with named "SuicidalDragon" has uploaded clips of some of them. Didn't think I was gonna be able to find 'em, so thanks to SuicidalDragon for uploading so much awesome stuff for us youtubers to enjoy. SD's "Top 10" videos are always entertaining.

[url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=OjPOsfi75Z8"]Death Valley Bomb[/url]

[url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=VF-tB3Z55qE"]Pyramid Driver[/url]

[url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=dKxpHYTd798"]A video that shows the Northern Lights Bomb, Air Raid Crash, Japanese Ocean Cyclone Suplex, and Kudome Valentine (and some other cool moves)[/url]

[url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=dDSw2W1iWds"]Victory Star Drop[/url]

I didn't find a clip of the Jackhammer. There's a lot of Yokota's matches on Youtube and she may do it in one of them, but I just didn't feel like searching through them at this time. I encourage you to watch the matches and look to see if she does it in one of 'em though, 'cause even if you don't see the move in any of the matches, chances are you've still seen an awesome match as Yokota is one of the female greats. I just don't have the patience right now.

If you look at, it's usually the Japanese wrestlers that create them, which isn't shocking as they could out wrestle most of the men on WWE and probably in TNA as well.

Wow, I'd really have to think about this one. Most of them are already listed.

Oh and another thing, Mariko Yoshida has got to be one of the best women's wrestlers in the world right. Personality wise, she's boring but who cares. Her Air Raid Crash is awesome.

[quote name='.Candice♥â„¢' post='3576790' date='Jan 11 2008, 09:03 PM']If you look at, it's usually the Japanese wrestlers that create them, which isn't shocking as they could out wrestle most of the men on WWE and [b]probably in TNA as well.[/b]

Wow, I'd really have to think about this one. Most of them are already listed.

Oh and another thing, Mariko Yoshida has got to be one of the best women's wrestlers in the world right. Personality wise, she's boring but who cares. Her Air Raid Crash is awesome.[/quote]
Not really TNA since most of the wrestler's are from the indy's and have wrestled in Japan.

I never knew that the Kudo Driver and the Northern Lights Driver were invented by women,
Thats really cool!

I'm just curious, was Victoria the first person to use her Spider's Web sidewalk slam? I know the Widow's Peak was originally used on the indies by someone else but I don't recall seeing anyone using the Spider's Web.

On an offtopic note, I didn't really agree with that top ten women's finishers video you posted. I'm surprised the northern lights bomb and Lacey's implant DDT got in there; taking into account only diva finishers (because otherwise the list could be a good deal longer) I'd say the Molly-Go-Round, Widow's Peak, Lita's DDT, Stratusfaction, Tori Suplex and Gail Kim's crucifix headscissor armbar submission thing she used as a finisher in WWE are all better then the two. I pretty much agree with the rest though. Just my opinion though. ;o

[quote]Mschif Innovated The Desconator (I Dont Follow Shimmer So I Am Not Sure)[/quote]
It's called the Desecrator, not the 'Desconator'. Wow, could you be more off. To answer Moonsault, I think (but I'm not sure), that is was April Hunter her first performed the 'Widows Peak'.

Archived