Football Thread. Season 07/08

.SM

Guest .:SM:.
This is where you guys can talk about the matches going on in the English Premier league.

But before the season starts, we have the Community Shield. Right now Ryan Giggs scored for Manchester United against Chelsea at Wembley Stadium

Come on United ;)

Well, Manchester United brought on their new signing, Nani. I saw him play in a friendly match. And I thought he was great (He even scored). So hopefully he can bring Man Utd up another level.

Great end to the season and a top 4 winger who could be constantly playing first team football. He's fast and can cross the ball. In my eye's he should be starting a head of Beckham.

I was impressed by Ben-Haim yesterday, he didn't let Rooney push him around like most defenders and will be great cover at the back for Chelsea with Terry out again.

I saw the Community Shield yesterday and I thought Man Utd deserved to win. They created more clear cut chances then Chelsea and tested Petr Cech more then Chelsea did Van Der Sar. He did perform very well though in the penalty shoot out though .

As for Pennant, I thought he would make it at Arsenal but his off-field problems let him down. He has got talent however I don't think he will be a future England International. I'd probably put Lennon or Shawn Wright-Phillips on the right as Beckham's replacement.

Well, I think I can post the matches for the First day of the season. This is always good because we see the new promoted teams, and see if they are any good against Premiership teams.

[center][b]Saturday, 11 August 2007[/b]
Aston Villa v Liverpool
Bolton v Newcastle,
Derby v Portsmouth
Everton v Wigan
Middlesbrough v Blackburn
Sunderland v Tottenham
West Ham v Man City

[b]Sunday, 12 August 2007[/b]
Arsenal v Fulham,
Chelsea v Birmingham
Man Utd v Reading[/center]

On Saturday I think Aston Villa v Liverpool will be the one to watch. With Liverpool's major signing Fernando Torres Premiership debut. Hopefully for Liverpool fans, he could make a great Premiership Debut.

Archived