WWE Wants Nakamura

Credit: www.puroresufan.com

[url="http://www.puroresufan.com/roster/nakamura.php"]http://www.puroresufan.com/roster/nakamura.php[/url]

"Only the best education for our gifted child." Yomiuri Sports has printed a big story this morning, revealing that New Japan may loan Nakamura to WWE as part of his overseas learning excursion. New Japan officials were backstage at a recent Smackdown! show, while Johnny Ace was backstage at the 5/7 Inoki Dojo event, and both Ace and Dean Malenko are very impressed by Nakamura, who they said is very big and has remarkable talent. They sent a "love call" to him and New Japan, very interested in acquiring his services. President Simon said he was glad that the biggest of all pro wrestling organizations is showing interest in New Japan's most treasured young wrestler, and that if WWE is serious about this, he would like Nakamura to work for WWE in order to gain vital experience for the day when he leads New Japan. WWE would pay New Japan an unspecified amount of money for Nakamura's services, and Shinsuke would work there until he is ready to return to New Japan. Since it is possible he'd be able to wrestle not only in front of large American audiences, but around the world, this would allow Nakamura to study many aspects of professional wrestling and grow stronger in a completely different environment to New Japan. (The danger here would be the possibility of Nakamura getting attached to WWE, as New Japan works with one year contracts, but there are few as loyal to New Japan as Nakamura.)"

Yes, he can gain vital experience. I'm sure a year or two in WWE will give him the experience of eating fried rice with eggroll, speaking in comically broken English, and losing every other match. That will give him the tools he needs to succeed in New Japan.

When has WWE EVER not ridiculed a Japanese wrestler?

[quote name='Sajoa Moe' post='173257' date='May 17 2006, 10:02 PM']Yes, he can gain vital experience. I'm sure a year or two in WWE will give him the experience of eating fried rice with eggroll, speaking in comically broken English, and losing every other match. That will give him the tools he needs to succeed in New Japan.

When has WWE EVER not ridiculed a Japanese wrestler?[/quote]

Jinsei Shinzaki

Now see, I've been watching matches of Nakamura, Shibata, and Tanahashi more and more lately, and I gotta say I think he Would do well in WWE IF! IF, They give him something good Like they did for Jinsei, then that'd be really f***in' cool in my book cause I see loads of potential in him. Let's just hope he does sign and WWE gives him something good to work with (Wouldn't you sh!t if they brought back that Hirohito character? Just a thought)

More news on this Credit: www.puroresufan.com

"Naigai Times has more on the Nakamura/WWE story, with further comments from Simon Inoki. Simon said Nakamura looks very big now, and that he has grown up mentally too. He was surprised as how much Nakamura has grown in all fields, and isn't surprised that WWE officials Ace and Malenko were so interested in him. Simon has attended recent RAW and Smackdown! tapings, and Ace spoke to him about using Nakamura. Simon thought he was joking, but Ace was serious, and this has lead to the possibility of "renting" Shinsuke to WWE. Although probably the usual exaggeration, Simon said he has already drawn up a blueprint of bringing Batista to New Japan, and possibly running a Lesnar vs. Batista match. However, there is a possibility that WWE could send someone in return to work tours. Perhaps their own problem child, Randy Orton, whose behavioral problems might be solved in an environment where a lot of foreigners (Scott Hall, Eddie Guerrero, Jamal, etc.) have cleaned up their act? Persons concerned believe that there could be an added bonus to this if Nakamura makes an impression in WWE, and that might be Japan's WWE fans supporting Nakamura in New Japan when he returns home."

[quote name='RVF' post='174217' date='May 18 2006, 02:24 PM']Can't say I've seen him, but all this hype makes me want to see a few of his match's, any recommendations?[/quote]

Stand Out Matches:
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Tadao Yasuda (NJPW 8/29/02)
Shinsuke Nakamura & Michiyoshi Ohara vs. Tadao Yasuda & Kazunari Murakami (NJPW 1/4/03)
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Jan Nortje (NJPW 5/2/03)
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Yoshihiro Takayama (NJPW 6/13/03)
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Katsuyori Shibata (NJPW 8/10/03)
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Yutaka Yoshie (NJPW 8/11/03)
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Tadao Yasuda (NJPW 8/14/03)
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Hirooki Goto (NJPW 8/24/03)
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Osamu Nishimura (NJPW 8/28/03)
Shinsuke Nakamura & Bob Sapp vs. Manabu Nakanishi & Osamu Nishimura (NJPW 11/3/03)
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan (NJPW 12/9/03)
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Yoshihiro Takayama (NJPW 1/4/04)
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan (NJPW 3/28/04)
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Alexey Ignashov (K-1 5/22/04)
Shinsuke Nakamura & Manabu Nakanishi vs. Kazuyuki Fujita & Kendo Kashin (NJPW 11/13/04)
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Katsuyori Shibata (NJPW 8/8/04)

[quote name='Sajoa Moe' post='173257' date='May 17 2006, 08:02 PM']Yes, he can gain vital experience. I'm sure a year or two in WWE will give him the experience of eating fried rice with eggroll, speaking in comically broken English, and losing every other match. That will give him the tools he needs to succeed in New Japan.

When has WWE EVER not ridiculed a Japanese wrestler?[/quote]

It's true! It's damn true!

Unless the guy's over 6 feet tall, he'll never be much more than the Jobberweight Champion (that's Cruiserweight Champion for those who don't speak WWE Creative) and will probably end up feuding with a redneck of some sort that will mock him for his inability to speak well formed English. Then he'll go back to being dominated by the likes of The Great Khali and Matt Hardy... yes, I said Matt Hardy.

Archived