And the 2008 Game of the Year is....

.Taker 21

GTAIV is better than MGS4. But for the record, you're only speaking on the Spike VGAs I assume, which are horrible. Not because of who they give the awards to, but the program is just horrible.

In terms of reviews, GTAIV is also the highest reviewed game of the year, so it's not surprising. I think GTAIV is definitely deserving of the nomination, however I believe the award should go to LittleBigPlanet if I was to be the judge.

MGS4 got a 10 from IGN too.
And, no, not LittleBigPlanet :lol:
That game is so........... Wierd

MGS4 only won 2 awards.
Best Graphics (good), and some female voice award, which Meryl's voice got.
Metal Gear definately deserved to win it.
I was really sure it was going to win too..... when they said "GRAND THEFT AUTO 4!" I turned the TV right off.

I didnt expect it to be MGS 4.

I recall Little Big Planet winning best PS3 game, and if MGS got game of the year, it'd also get best PS3 game.
Anyways, GTA 4 and MGS 4 are both great games, so to me it doesnt matter which one won

[quote name='D.A.N.' post='5442847' date='Dec 15 2008, 04:38 AM']GTAIV is better than MGS4. But for the record, you're only speaking on the Spike VGAs I assume, which are horrible. Not because of who they give the awards to, but the program is just horrible.

In terms of reviews, GTAIV is also the highest reviewed game of the year, so it's not surprising. I think GTAIV is definitely deserving of the nomination, however I believe the award should go to LittleBigPlanet if I was to be the judge.[/quote]
GTAIV is nowhere near as good as MGS4. It doesn't even deserve to be called the greatest game of this gen, nor does it deserve to be called the second greatest game of all time. And VGA = Spike = Gametrailers = Omega Xbots. No credibility.

[quote name='Droopy' post='5446070' date='Dec 15 2008, 08:50 PM'][quote name='D.A.N.' post='5442847' date='Dec 15 2008, 04:38 AM']GTAIV is better than MGS4. But for the record, you're only speaking on the Spike VGAs I assume, which are horrible. Not because of who they give the awards to, but the program is just horrible.

In terms of reviews, GTAIV is also the highest reviewed game of the year, so it's not surprising. I think GTAIV is definitely deserving of the nomination, however I believe the award should go to LittleBigPlanet if I was to be the judge.[/quote]
GTAIV is nowhere near as good as MGS4. It doesn't even deserve to be called the greatest game of this gen, nor does it deserve to be called the second greatest game of all time. And VGA = Spike = Gametrailers = Omega Xbots. No credibility.
[/quote]

Only thing that GTA IV and MGS 4 could match up in is Storyline cause both had good story's.

MGS 4 only really one in Graphics dude.

GTA IV was fun to play and if anybody say's that MGS 4 is more fun to play than GTA IV has a very very biased opinion.

It's just all about that type of stuff and the funness of the game. Which MGS 4 is to serious to have fun in.

The only thing I found entertaining about GTA4 was the way they fleshed out the characters and the environment. Other than that the game was very repetitive, same as all the others in the series. Even the minor additions were nice, but it was no where near enough to save the game and have it live up to the hype.

[quote name='Droopy' post='5446070' date='Dec 15 2008, 07:50 PM'][quote name='D.A.N.' post='5442847' date='Dec 15 2008, 04:38 AM']GTAIV is better than MGS4. But for the record, you're only speaking on the Spike VGAs I assume, which are horrible. Not because of who they give the awards to, but the program is just horrible.

[/quote]
It's always one sided and faulty to bring up who's organizing or connected to an event and say it's because those people have more fanboys. But you DO realize that GTAIV is on 360, PS3, AND PC, right? It should be obvious that in an award event based around fans voting, that the game that is most popular, sold the most, and has the most critical acclaim would obviously win.

[quote name='Droopy' post='5446809' date='Dec 15 2008, 10:23 PM']Yeah I know it's more popular and all with a larger fanbase but I was refering to the quality of both games, and MGS4 surpasses GTA IV in almost every way.[/quote]
Except MGS4's gameplay feels as old as a crusty PlayStation, most of the game lacks innovation, the focus put on action over stealth in some segments isn't done well, and the game is totally inaccessible by anyone that hasn't played through at least the first two MGS titles. They would never understand the story without having to Google search the events beforehand, and even then, the appreciation wouldn't fully be present. Most of the people who never played an MGS game before are enjoying MGS4 merely because they're experiencing what was revolutionary gameplay a decade ago.

[quote name='D.A.N.' post='5446882' date='Dec 16 2008, 03:35 AM'][quote name='Droopy' post='5446809' date='Dec 15 2008, 10:23 PM']Yeah I know it's more popular and all with a larger fanbase but I was refering to the quality of both games, and MGS4 surpasses GTA IV in almost every way.[/quote]
Except MGS4's gameplay feels as old as a crusty PlayStation, most of the game lacks innovation, the focus put on action over stealth in some segments isn't done well, and the game is totally inaccessible by anyone that hasn't played through at least the first two MGS titles. They would never understand the story without having to Google search the events beforehand, and even then, the appreciation wouldn't fully be present. Most of the people who never played an MGS game before are enjoying MGS4 merely because they're experiencing what was revolutionary gameplay a decade ago.
[/quote]
And GTA IV is more innovative than MGS4? I think not. The story thing I do agree on because MGS4's story is extremely mind-boggling for newcomers, but as for the people who understand the story, it's safe to say that MGS4 is deeper than every GTA game created.

The story telling is also beastly. 8-)

[quote]And GTA IV is more innovative than MGS4? I think not.[/quote]
In terms of innovating itself, yes. The thing about GTAIV is the immersion. You feel more connected and inside of the game's world than you will in MGS. There's a certain pleasant degree of variety and content, which has always separated Grand Theft Auto from the majority of other games. Everything else I agree on in terms of story. But GTAIV is still no slouch in that department. I found it far more interesting than anything else GTA has ever done with a plot.

MGS4 is way better than that stupid LittleBigPlanet.
MGS4 should of gotten best PS3 game.
LBP is the dumbest game ive ever seen. (i was being nice before)

Yeah, MGS4 is overrated. No

All GTAIV is, is $ex and drugs
Thats it.
Its just so dumb,

This should just be between GTAIV and MGS4.
The crappy LBP shouldnt even be involved. Its so dumb. Looks like it was made for kiddies.
MGS4 definately should of won Best PS3 Game, and anyway, LBP hasnt even been out long, so.....
The VGAs are crap.

MGS4 > GTAIV > Every Other Game ever made > LittleBigPlanet

And WTF, MGS4 got a 10 from IGN, but LBP only got a 9.5, hmmm.....

[quote name='.Taker 16-0' post='5450138' date='Dec 16 2008, 05:47 PM']MGS4 is way better than that stupid LittleBigPlanet.

Thats it.
Its just so dumb,

The crappy LBP shouldnt even be involved. Its so dumb. Looks like it was made for kiddies.
MGS4 definately should of won Best PS3 Game, and anyway, LBP hasnt even been out long, so.....
The VGAs are crap.

And WTF, MGS4 got a 10 from IGN, but LBP only got a 9.5, hmmm.....[/quote]
RAGE~

[quote name='.Taker 16-0' post='5450138' date='Dec 17 2008, 01:47 AM']MGS4 > GTAIV > Every Other Game ever made > LittleBigPlanet[/quote]

In a Few Years Down the Road, it will be like this

[Wierd Other Game]>MGS4 > GTAIV > Every Other Game ever made > LittleBigPlanet :lol:

But if you were to ask me What is the Best Game of [YEAR], I'd Say "Whatever [YEAR] Released Game you Have Enjoyed Played The Most"
You Don't Judge a Game on the amount Copies they sell or the amount of money they make or The Amount of people playing it...You Judge a Game By The amount of FUN you had playing it and not by the amount of hype you had building around it

[quote name='.Taker 16-0' post='5450138' date='Dec 16 2008, 08:47 PM']MGS4 is way better than that stupid LittleBigPlanet.

Thats it.
Its just so dumb,

The VGAs are crap.

And WTF, MGS4 got a 10 from IGN, but LBP only got a 9.5, hmmm.....[/quote]
You know what's really dumb?

Your entire post. Just from reading it I could tell you have no real knowledge of video games. You give no actual reason or backup for why you think MGS4 is so good, and why you think GTAIV and LittleBigPlanet aren't. To top it off you swear by IGN ratings as if they dictated over [i]everything[/i] else what games were good or not.

Archived