WWE Legends of WrestleMania Announced

Tom Rice

[size=4][b]WWE Legends of WrestleMania Announced[/b][/size]
[size=3][b]Another THQ wrestling game? Whaaaaa?![/b][/size]

[quote]IGN US, May 6, 2008 - During an afternoon investor conference call to report its 2008 fiscal earnings, THQ announced that it is working on a brand-new wrestling property for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

It's called WWE Legends of WrestleMania, it'll star former Superstars, and it's in addition to the WWE SmackDown vs. RAW franchise. Details are still a bit hazy at this point in time, but a THQ press release says the game will arrive in March 2009 to coincide with WrestleMania 25, in Houston, Texas.

"We have generated significant year-over-year growth in key global territories with WWE-licensed videogames, including tremendous success with the WWE SmackDown vs. RAW franchise," said Peter Matiss, vice president, global brand management, THQ. "The development capabilities afforded by next generation hardware, combined with our established history and deep understanding of fighting videogames, allow us to leverage the strength of the WWE brand to further extend our leadership in the fighting videogame genre and bring this new property to market."

We'll have more for you whenever it's formally announced.[/quote]

[i]-IGN.com[/i]

[quote name='Tom Rice' post='4308732' date='May 20 2008, 07:08 PM'][size=4][b]WWE Legends of WrestleMania Announced[/b][/size]
[size=3][b]Another THQ wrestling game? Whaaaaa?![/b][/size]

[quote]IGN US, May 6, 2008 - During an afternoon investor conference call to report its 2008 fiscal earnings, THQ announced that it is working on a brand-new wrestling property for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

It's called WWE Legends of WrestleMania, it'll star former Superstars, and it's in addition to the WWE SmackDown vs. RAW franchise. Details are still a bit hazy at this point in time, but a THQ press release says the game will arrive in March 2009 to coincide with WrestleMania 25, in Houston, Texas.

"We have generated significant year-over-year growth in key global territories with WWE-licensed videogames, including tremendous success with the WWE SmackDown vs. RAW franchise," said Peter Matiss, vice president, global brand management, THQ. "The development capabilities afforded by next generation hardware, combined with our established history and deep understanding of fighting videogames, allow us to leverage the strength of the WWE brand to further extend our leadership in the fighting videogame genre and bring this new property to market."

We'll have more for you whenever it's formally announced.[/quote]

[i]-IGN.com[/i]
[/quote]

Thanks for making this forum Tom

Guest .:SM:.
I'm looking forward to this, I loved the Legends Of Wrestling games, and with THQ making it, it should be better then the old LOW games. I can't wait ;)

This gonna be great, hopefully.

Playing as Legends in the past SvR games was awesome, so having a roster full of Legends is gonna be even better. I don't know really know what to expect though.

Can't wait till some screenshots come out though. :)

[quote name='Legend' post='4310476' date='May 20 2008, 05:42 PM']This gonna be great, hopefully.

Playing as Legends in the past SvR games was awesome, so having a roster full of Legends is gonna be even better. I don't know really know what to expect though.

Can't wait till some screenshots come out though. :)[/quote]
well legends of mania someone make a dream roster i mean beniot hogan andre guerrero the list goes on and on

[quote name='TNAFAN1' post='4310782' date='May 20 2008, 03:53 PM'][quote name='Legend' post='4310476' date='May 20 2008, 05:42 PM']This gonna be great, hopefully.

Can't wait till some screenshots come out though. :)[/quote]
well legends of mania someone make a dream roster i mean beniot hogan andre guerrero the list goes on and on
[/quote]

Really doubt Benoit will be in, but yeah this game should be interesting, I just heard about it yesterday...Cant wait to get some info on the game itself, videos, pictures... :D

[quote name='julius333' post='4312781' date='May 21 2008, 07:44 AM'][quote name='South3rnSwagg' post='4312030' date='May 21 2008, 06:54 AM']This should be good and I knew it would not be long before THQ did and all legends game.[/quote]
about time
[/quote]
it took 10 yrs, from the original smackdown game debut

what would be a good feature would be able to copy the legends accross to the new smackdown too, much like the old pokemon gameboy games, to complete the games you needed the other one, so in the mackdown sence to get a complete roster of superstars you must get both games....

Looks like ill be buying a ps3 tomorrow.....naw i was actually planning on buying it tomorrow anyways lol. But yea, hopefully it plays like the old Day of Reckoning....that was so fun. I used to always go to the top of the ambulance and like chokeslam guys off of it through a table.....ahhh....good times.

• 1 month later...

Archived